Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable:General Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are correct that you can't charge and drain a battery simultaneously, that's because the electrons are too smart to waste energy going though an electrochemical reaction twice when they can just go to a load.

There's probably something basic that I'm missing here (and I worked on electronics in the military), but if this is true, then how can I charge my phone while posting on this forum with it simultaneously?

If I knew that putting my home on the line would help put Einhorn out of his, I would been ALL IN ON THIS.

upload_2017-7-14_16-42-52.png

I can't help but wonder what crazy world people on this forum live in. I constantly read that traditional automakers will be going out of business soon. That is SO naive. Most of these companies have withstood wars, depressions, recessions, scandals, and the sort. I can assure you that Tesla's 100k car sales this year is not going to put mu
Southern Company is wasting their time on building nuclear in Georgia (which is behind schedule and billions over budget) and 'clean coal' in Mississippi (which is now being converted to natural gas) They should be embracing solar & batteries.

There is absolutely no evidence to back this statement.

I can't help but wonder what crazy world people on this forum live in. I constantly read that traditional automakers will be going out of business soon. That is SO naive. Most of these companies have withstood wars, depressions, recessions, scandals, and the sort. I can assure you that Tesla's 100k car sales this year is not going to put mu

I would have replied sooner, but had to replace the several keys on my selectric typewriter...

Tomorrow's world. Not yesterday's. That's where some of us reside.

Do you hear about OEM's expanding or closing factories (in general) I've seen a bit of both but more of the latter. Nothing to increase output of ICE's. The ones without a plan to transition into the future could indeed have a Kodak moment. There may still be time....for some of them?
edit - "bankrupt soon" is maybe not the wording I would use, it should be a lot more obvious 2 years from now.

Last edited:
I can't help but wonder what crazy world people on this forum live in. I constantly read that [1] traditional automakers will be going out of business soon. That is SO naive. Most of these companies have withstood wars, depressions, recessions, scandals, and the sort. I can assure you that Tesla's 100k car sales this year is not going to put mu
[2]Southern Company is wasting their time on building nuclear in Georgia (which is behind schedule and billions over budget) and [3]'clean coal' in Mississippi (which is now being converted to natural gas) [4]They should be embracing solar & batteries.

Oh, it's a crazy world, all right. You & I certainly have no disagreement there.

But....
[1]: Have you looked into how many automakers, in the USofA only, have survived the past 120 years? Out of approximately 200, there remain only four: GM, Ford, Chrysler and Tesla. And GM and Chrysler exist now only because of sociopolitically unconscionably large bailouts; Ford's was only slightly less nefarious. Do you think their problems are behind them? Because if not, it is supremely unlikely they'll get another gulp from the trough.

[2] & [3]: There is absolutely all the evidence in the world to back those statements. There is, in fact, nothing to deny them.

[4]: This statement by poster Starr X is the only one for which you have any justification for requesting evidence. However, your doing so would simply demonstrate you haven't been paying attention. No cure for that, I suppose.

There's probably something basic that I'm missing here (and I worked on electronics in the military), but if this is true, then how can I charge my phone while posting on this forum with it simultaneously?

Part of the power from the the charger is running the phone, the remainder is charging the battery. Current is only flowing into the battery (unless the charger is too small, then current is only flowing out of the battery).

I would send you a telegram but couldn't find such service in my town. If you be kind enough to tell me your address I will mail you my response. Isn't it ironic we are communicating over the Internet now?

The evidence is well documented. You just got to read it. I am not anti-nuclear in the sense that it can be a clean, cheap source of electricity. But when the USA does not have any good plans on what to do with spent fuel rods and the new Georgia reactors ARE documented as being way over budget and behind schedule, that doe not make nuclear cheap or safe.

Apparently there are at least 400 or so very good candidates for CAES.

NaturalGasStorage_5.gif

Please, for the love of all that is holy, do NOT compress air in the salt caverns which are *underneath lakes* such as in upstate NY. This has a serious risk of blowing a hole through other strata and draining the lakes underground. Not worth the risk.

Please, for the love of all that is holy, do NOT compress air in the salt caverns which are *underneath lakes* such as in upstate NY. This has a serious risk of blowing a hole through other strata and draining the lakes underground. Not worth the risk.
Come on now! Fracking turned out OK too! Pushing large amounts of compressed gases underground is harmless.... if you enjoy earthquakes that is.

This

The Model 3's Success Depends Upon Tesla Building Far More Than a Decent Car

Belongs here more for impact on investor audience than on new information it provides for this audience.

Points being:
  1. Service cost structure is way different
  2. Service inconvenience is way different
  3. Tesla is building infrastructure based on reservation density
Awareness of these facts should set a bias to purchase Tesla stock even in the sober minded.

• Love
Reactions: neroden
This

The Model 3's Success Depends Upon Tesla Building Far More Than a Decent Car

Belongs here more for impact on investor audience than on new information it provides for this audience.

Points being:
  1. Service cost structure is way different
  2. Service inconvenience is way different
  3. Tesla is building infrastructure based on reservation density
Awareness of these facts should set a bias to purchase Tesla stock even in the sober minded.

With reduced vehicle options/ configurations for the 3, many complaints can be quickly addressed by having identical loaners to your car available when yours is down for repair/ service/ bodywork.

or expanded: the Tesla lease gives you a car for 36 months, but it may not always be the same car.

• Informative
Reactions: 22522
Status
Not open for further replies.