Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable:General Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a video of Charley Grant if anyone was wondering what he's like. To me he appears trustworthy and not at all skeezy.

Tesla Delivery Numbers Don’t Tell Full Story

Yeah, for the Tesla rogues gallery, sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words .

20A14921-E18E-4C5C-8E1F-53E6B2FEBAD8.png

Here is a video of Charley Grant if anyone was wondering what he's like. To me he appears trustworthy and not at all skeezy.

Tesla Delivery Numbers Don’t Tell Full Story

No question for me that he's intelligent.
It's just that he works for the opposition

His job is to spread FUD for Rupert Murdoch.
Rubert's clients are big oil, big auto and others

Even more bizarre that Ruberts son is now on Tesla's Board.

Strange days

Wow, on twitter the desperate shorts are getting even more desperate and start (continue) loosing it.

As it seems their last hope is now that Tesla / Musk is a fraud / scam artist and that the SEC will save their desperate short positions before the Model-3 line is humming... :confused: Time is running out for them.. and they seem to know it... :rolleyes:

Montana Skeptic‏ @MontanaSkeptic1
It's time to start saying it. $TSLA's Elon Musk is a scam artist. Adam Jonas is his chief enabler. @SEC_Enforcement, please pay attention.

Ok, it's official. Adam Jonas is Elon Musk's dog. Raised price target from $317 to $379. No mention of EPS forecast. Total disgrace. $TSLA

Crying like a baby? I think the Jonas flop sweat is amusing, in securities fraud amusing sort of way.

Elon Musk, hard at work misleading $TLSA investors, customers, & journalists. @RicardoRossello, pay attention: Musk is a scam artist & liar.

The entire financial community knows Jonas is a meretrix. The only people swayed by this will be $TSLA retail mullets.

( Don't bother to look that one up, Montana is degrading himself by calling Jonas an unregistered prostitute... )

Mark B. Spiegel‏ @markbspiegel
$GS fired its $TSLA -pumper after he upgraded it the day of an offering. I think it's time $MS made an example of Jonas before the SEC does!

Last edited:
Wow, on twitter the desperate shorts are getting even more desperate and start (continue) loosing it.

As it seems their last hope is now that Tesla / Musk is a fraud / scam artist and that the SEC will save their desperate short positions before the Model-3 line is humming... :confused: Time is running out for them.. and they seem to know it... :rolleyes:

It's time to start saying it. $TSLA's Elon Musk is a scam artist. Adam Jonas is his chief enabler. @SEC_Enforcement, please pay attention.

Ok, it's official. Adam Jonas is Elon Musk's dog. Raised price target from $317 to $379. No mention of EPS forecast. Total disgrace. $TSLA

Crying like a baby? I think the Jonas flop sweat is amusing, in securities fraud amusing sort of way.

Elon Musk, hard at work misleading $TLSA investors, customers, & journalists. @RicardoRossello, pay attention: Musk is a scam artist & liar.

The entire financial community knows Jonas is a meretrix. The only people swayed by this will be $TSLA retail mullets.

( Don't bother to look that one up, Montana is degrading himself by calling Jonas an unregistered prostitute... )

$GS fired its $TSLA -pumper after he upgraded it the day of an offering. I think it's time $MS made an example of Jonas before the SEC does!

Oh the FUDsters tears taste like Candy. I dont know if you all use Twitter, I would suggest caution, because it can be a hot mess. But a simple search for $tsla on twitter will give you a steady stream of Mark B and MS spewing non stop. Seriously, if this is not their job then I dont know what else they have time for. Though, they probably could just have their twitter on auto post and just be cycling through a database of FUD, its not hard to do. It is also funny that they are usually silent when the stock is going up and the news is good and they pour it on when the news is bad and the stock is down.

I am a bit concerned about GigaFactory's ability to produce cells and packs in time. Here are the various data points that sum up to my anxiety:

- TE took an awfully long time to ramp up. Powerwall 2 was introduced in Oct 2016. But it took about an year to ramp up production as per this Electrek article. Even now it is not clear what the rate of production/deliveries is.

- The flagship Australian project is executed using Samsung cells.

- Tesla had production difficulties on the 100kWh packs. IIRC for about 3 months or more.

- Battery VP left in Dec 16. My guess is this person is fired. I don't think many people would leave Tesla on their own at a juncture like this. A massive windfall of success is right around the corner with Model 3 (iPhone moment). Why would anyone voluntarily leave ahead of that.

- SpaceX was doing a dual launch within the same weekend, which is a record. But Elon chose to be at GF instead.

- Here is the language from the Q2 shareholder letter:

"Model 3 drive units as well as battery packs made with our proprietary 2170 form factor cells are being built on new lines
at Gigafactory 1. We are now fine-tuning these manufacturing lines to significantly increase the production rate."

Adjusting this with typical Tesla-language-to-reality factor, this most likely means yield issues, especially given that the battery lines were supposed to be fully automated. I wonder if they are in a situation similar to that of the auto-line in Fremont that @schonelucht gave some insight into with posts above.

What are your thoughts?

Wondering if Samsung as a supplier may have a tariff and/or shipping cost advantage in addition to the immediate availability. Doesn't address GF issue but might be a part of the equation.

Fire Away!

• Helpful
Reactions: ValueAnalyst

Yes, I also noticed that FUD has surged at an unprecedented rate this morning.

Shorts may have been trying to create a July-type long squeeze, which will now be more difficult with AJ's upgrade.

I think MorganStanley and Adam Jonas may consider legal action against the tweets above.

Oh the FUDsters tears taste like Candy. I dont know if you all use Twitter, I would suggest caution, because it can be a hot mess. But a simple search for $tsla on twitter will give you a steady stream of Mark B and MS spewing non stop. Seriously, if this is not their job then I dont know what else they have time for. Though, they probably could just have their twitter on auto post and just be cycling through a database of FUD, its not hard to do. It is also funny that they are usually silent when the stock is going up and the news is good and they pour it on when the news is bad and the stock is down.

I think there may be more to your last sentence.

Last edited:
Today will be a BIGLY DAY FOR THE MARKET.

Trump has challenged Rex Tillerson to compare IQ scores
The moment when you read a post like that and you almost hit "funny" as you take it for a joke, but you have this strange feeling you should pull up the CNN app as we live in a world when this may actually be true and when you check you find it really just did happen.

The moment when you read a post like that and you almost hit "funny" as you take it for a joke, but you have this strange feeling you should pull up the CNN app as we live in a world when this may actually be true and when you check you find it really just did happen.

Not to defend the moron-in-chief, but the title seems to be more click-bait and is out of context. From a different perspective, it might seem Trump was actually joking: "I think it's fake news, but if he did that, I guess we'll have to compare IQ tests,"

Too bad this was in response to Tillerson calling him a moron back in July and only just recently blew up. Just waiting for the republican-controlled congress to start impeachment proceedings or they lose control of congress. Either will do.

Reactions: Intl Professor

There's your problem right there. You went to CNN for "news". Can't trust any of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.