Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable:General Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Likely. It could also be about keeping Panasonic in check, lest they start Mobileeye type shenanigans.
Sole sourcing anything is dangerous. Sole sourcing a mission critical product like battery cells to Tesla's entire business would be suicidal. They can partner with Panasonic and that's all very nice, but at the end of the day if Tesla isn't careful to keep Panasonic in their place, Panasonic could decide to hold Tesla's whole business hostage.

My wife just told me that Good Morning America broadcast the satire piece from Fortune about Tesla and gasoline cars in pnuematic tubes as though it was an actual story. WTF?!

This is how fake news spreads... people just don't think critically.

I have a ranger coming tomorrow morning to do the parking pin recall and change the badge 60>75.

$0 in maintenance in 14 months.

Could you please ask them:
  1. Updates on expansion plans?
  2. Are they overworked? backlogged?
  3. Their thoughts about the upcoming Model 3 proliferation?
  4. Their background? Did they previously work for an ICE service department?
Thank you in advance.

Some little off topic: what is the time frame between an announcement of a stock split and the actual split?

I think this is an important topic to start talking about... not because it has any actual value for anlaysis, but split news draw retail investors.

Apple gave a six-week notice in 2014:

AAPL! AAPL! AAPL! Buy! Buy! Buy! | Cult of Mac

AAPL stock splits 7-to-1, opens trading at $92 | Cult of Mac

Last edited:
219E2C6B-E3A1-4566-9AF0-8E1F66791167.jpeg
No progress in last 4 days

Oh the FUDsters tears taste like Candy. I dont know if you all use Twitter, I would suggest caution, because it can be a hot mess. But a simple search for $tsla on twitter will give you a steady stream of Mark B and MS spewing non stop. Seriously, if this is not their job then I dont know what else they have time for. Though, they probably could just have their twitter on auto post and just be cycling through a database of FUD, its not hard to do. It is also funny that they are usually silent when the stock is going up and the news is good and they pour it on when the news is bad and the stock is down.

I've been thinking about this reality (bolded) for a while now; but not just on Twitter. Here on TMC a lot too. There is finite time in the day. I'm amazed at folks who can (and want to) spend hours and hours, publishing everything from full-on EV and Tesla negativity to the "Care Bear" approach - which is even more of a long game and time consuming. I believe that after a while, even the most devious and intelligent person would simply get bored. I simply can't rationalize a person wasting their lives trolling for so long unless they're actually incentivized to do so. Friday the 13th this week!

care-bear.jpg

I've been thinking about this reality (bolded) for a while now; but not just on Twitter. Here on TMC a lot too. There is finite time in the day. I'm amazed at folks who can (and want to) spend hours and hours, publishing everything from full-on EV and Tesla negativity to the "Care Bear" approach - which is even more of a long game and time consuming. I believe that after a while, even the most devious and intelligent person would simply get bored. I simply can't rationalize a person wasting their lives trolling for so long unless they're actually incentivized to do so. Friday the 13th this week!

View attachment 253170
People will do a variety of surprising things for a paycheck.

Real quick post from an airport layover so please forgive if already posted: drove past the Fremont Tesla factory on my way to fly out of CA. There appears to be another large structure being built. It looks to be about twice as big as the previous one we saw there a few months back surmised to be a storage structure.
I asked about "the large multi-story building" after a tour on 09/28. The reply from the guide was that "they" are automated parts warehouses. I didn't realize at the time that there was another building, and didn't have time afterwards to take another look.

• Informative
Reactions: erthquake and JRP3
To anybody local, or, perhaps not so local but willing to make a trip to Vermont Essex Junction for the 11th Vermont Tech Jam for TE presentation, registration for the following session is free. Margaret Hodes, senior product manager of grid services at TE and Josh Castonguay and Betsy Bloomer of Green Mountain will be presenting. From the investment perspective it would be very valuable to ascertain the progress of the cell production and TE production at the GF. Green Mountain has a Tesla Powerwall program, so may be we can learn if Powerwalls are being delivered in any significant quantities.

“Batteries Included: Tesla Comes to Vermont”: Margaret Hodes, senior product manager of grid services at Tesla Energy, explains how the company’s energy division works, and provides behind-the-scenes insights into the future of energy-storage technology. Josh Castonguay and Betsy Bloomer of Green Mountain Power share the latest developments in the utility’s Tesla Powerwall program.

Free Registration

Reactions: Crowded Mind
  • Informative
Reactions: Lessmog
A German blog reports that a GFworker (maybe) in a forum blames partly Panasonic for the shortcomings, scroll down to the end for the english content.

Tesla-Mitarbeiter macht Panasonic für Verzögerungen verantwortlich! | Energyload

Original source is a couple of Disqus comments here:

https://www.carsales.com.au/editorial/details/tesla-truck-delayed-again-109322/

We've been discussing it on the Dave T thread, but maybe it's better to move the discussion here.

Original source is a couple of Disqus comments here:

https://www.carsales.com.au/editorial/details/tesla-truck-delayed-again-109322/

We've been discussing it on the Dave T thread, but maybe it's better to move the discussion here.

The challenge of course is to tease out if this guy is for real. What he/she says seems reasonable and the Samsung/Panasonic situation makes it seem even more valid. Of course a smart cookie could construct a story around the Australia powerpack situation, but this would be way more sophisticated than your usual run of the mill FUDster, I just say "potemkin village". If this is a FUDster attempt, its very well done.

Reactions: erthquake
The challenge of course is to tease out if this guy is for real. What he/she says seems reasonable and the Samsung/Panasonic situation makes it seem even more valid. Of course a smart cookie could construct a story around the Australia powerpack situation, but this would be way more sophisticated than your usual run of the mill FUDster, I just say "potemkin village". If this is a FUDster attempt, its very well done.

I suggest reading some of his postings on his site, especially regarding the refrigerants conspiracy.

I have my concerns about slow progress in shipping the PowerWalls, but I would not trust this guy judgement. To make it clear, he might indeed work at the GF, and some of what he describes might be based on real events, but after going through his other posts, it is very likely that his coloring and context is way off.

I suggest reading some of his postings on his site, especially regarding the refrigerants conspiracy.

I have my concerns about slow progress in shipping the PowerWalls, but I would not trust this guy judgement. To make it clear, he might indeed work at the GF, and some of what he describes might be based on real events, but after going through his other posts, it is very likely that his coloring and context is way off.

Of course just because someone is authentic doesn't meant his authentic opinion is not stupid. You could argue all the whining about Panasonics quality control is a bit off, I mean it works in Japan and the last thing you want is a Samsung Galaxy Note situation for the model 3, some might even argue that Teslas own quality control is their strength.

Reactions: erthquake
Status
Not open for further replies.