Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable:General Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm collecting some data,
tsla101117.png

Thank you.

Is there a way to see how much of the public float is held long?
Public float + shared short = 148M? This is how I would interpret this.

I second this.

I've been thinking about this reality (bolded) for a while now; but not just on Twitter. Here on TMC a lot too. There is finite time in the day. I'm amazed at folks who can (and want to) spend hours and hours, publishing everything from full-on EV and Tesla negativity to the "Care Bear" approach - which is even more of a long game and time consuming. I believe that after a while, even the most devious and intelligent person would simply get bored. I simply can't rationalize a person wasting their lives trolling for so long unless they're actually incentivized to do so. Friday the 13th this week!

View attachment 253170

Second time I'm seeing this. What's a care bear?

Well. @bonnie sold her model X #2 for a premium that made her 'make out like a bandit' (her words), so I wouldn't be surprised if this car fetches an even larger premium. But I bet this owner's employement is terminated as of today.
Electrek article says something about a sudden change of circumstances being involved in why they need to sell it. Perhaps they're no longer working for Tesla anyhow and they don't care.

I asked about "the large multi-story building" after a tour on 09/28. The reply from the guide was that "they" are automated parts warehouses. I didn't realize at the time that there was another building, and didn't have time afterwards to take another look.

I saw the construction back in August as well while driving by.

This, however, was a very quick glance, and it appeared to be larger, less completed, and located in a different area. My recollection was that I saw the other warehouse farther along (perhaps in later picture here.

So while I believe this is new construction, it's also very possible it's either another phase or an expansion of the warehouse construction they have been working on. In either case it seems they are expanding what appears to be the warehousing capacity.

Electrik left out one possibility. I think there will be many collectors who are willing to pay a premium for the first sales in the used market. What is the value of an early model T?
If collectors want a first series Model 3 to sell, in 20 or more years from now, they will be able to buy them for less than MSRP, in 5 years or more from now, opposed to 3 times the MSRP.

Reactions: JRP3
Could you please ask them:
  1. Updates on expansion plans? As fast as they can!
  2. Are they overworked? backlogged? Just right
  3. Their thoughts about the upcoming Model 3 proliferation? Looking forward to it!
  4. Their background? Did they previously work for an ICE service department?
Thank you in advance.

Had a great 75 minutes with a very personable, knowledgeable, chatty, ex-BMW 27 year old ranger. Loves his job and very glad to exit local BMW a year ago.

From reading the recall months ago, I had thought it was a parking pawl on the gearbox but it was electric brakes on the rear disks. From a well equipped white/red Ford XLT, he replaced the calipers and the 60 badge in less than an hour.

Well. @bonnie sold her model X #2 for a premium that made her 'make out like a bandit' (her words), so I wouldn't be surprised if this car fetches an even larger premium. But I bet this owner's employement is terminated as of today.
Just to keep the record accurate :), I only sold it because I had qualified for a Founders. More exclusive, more options, etc. Kind of a no-brainer.

The offered price was a bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.