Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable:General Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I´d answer this with an "absolutely not". Norway is pretty special in green possibilities and ev incentives.
It`s downright crazy in comparison to pretty much every other market.

And it's a special month for Tesla. On my other site I have stats for all the brands (and not just Tesla). If you sort by year (and not by month) you can see the "winner of the year", but it's still awesome numbers :) Registreringer av nye elbiler i Norge

And it's a special month for Tesla. On my other site I have stats for all the brands (and not just Tesla). If you sort by year (and not by month) you can see the "winner of the year", but it's still awesome numbers :) Registreringer av nye elbiler i Norge

@nasatech, with 144614 (and counting) EVs registered in Norway, has anyone bothered to check if there is some sort of improvement in pollution/CO2/air?
If electricity is indeed all generated by idro, this is actually lots of tonnes of carbon saved.

Nice work! Never knew VW Golf is selling so well :eek:

It's actually a pretty legit car until Model 3 shows up. We have a 2015 VW eGolf, love how it drives, tight turning radius, adequate acceleration without the lag of a gas engine, leaves even BMW 3-series behind at every light. Just range isnt there, and the computer component of it is just so bad. It also still has that on/off ignition switch that needs to be on to move windows up and down, off to unplug your car charger, beeps at you when you leave the car while it is on etc. And the remote app car-net is a disaster, plus they want to start charging you $15/month for it after the initial free period is over. I can't wait to replace it with the Model 3. For some reason VW made sure to only sell below 300/month in the US, compliance car for them I guess, but they sold more in germany and norway.

Capture d’écran 2017-12-20 à 02.06.48.png

and 12 days left in the year... unbelievable... here's the deal:

bears predicted this... a batch of M3s pumped out at the end of the year to claim "Victory!"

they predicted:

- poor to non-existent TE sales
- solar roof won't fly
- massive losses and continuous cash raises while constantly told "we don't need one"
- SolarCity -- enough said
- and the list goes on and on

and here's what bears are predicting right now:

- the M3 will come out much slower than expected
- the M3 will greatly disappoint in the books

and here's the thing... the ONLY thing bears have been wrong about with this entire fiasco is the share price... everything about the company was predicted years in advance by bears... and bears will once again be proven right going forward from here over the next few months.

while Elon has been able to keep this *sugar* afloat for the last 5 years with low volume... I don't see any way he can get past this next step.

now someone say $270... and my response to you is, where is the company you guys have been talking about all these years? they just delivered the FIRST non-employee car today? WTF?

bears predicted this... a batch of M3s pumped out at the end of the year to claim "Victory!"

they predicted:

- solar roof won't fly
- massive losses and continuous cash raises while constantly told "we don't need one"

and here's the thing... the ONLY thing bears have been wrong about with this entire fiasco is the share price... everything about the company was predicted years in advance by bears... and bears will once again be proven right going forward from here over the next few months.

while Elon has been able to keep this *sugar* afloat for the last 5 years with low volume... I don't see any way he can get past this next step.

now someone say $270... and my response to you is, where is the company you guys have been talking about all these years? they just delivered the FIRST non-employee car today? WTF?
First off, Merry Christmas to you as well.

Second, they seem to be on the revised schedule with about 2500 cars built, not as fast as I'd like, but appearing to build momentum. Based on the number of cars in the various lots, it seems likely there are many non-employee cars getting delivered this week. TE sales are likely to be over 500 million this quarter and record deliveries of S & X should mean sales of 3.2 to 3.5 billion. For a company struggling to build 100 cars a week 5 years ago, it is nothing short of amazing. Solar is still getting production started in NY and is sold out for at least a year. Getting production moving is disappointing at this point and it does seem that Panasonic is having a hard time managing a work force in the US. Perhaps will see some roof campfires in upstate NY fairly soon.
I think the company that was building 100 cars a week in 2012, will be building 100 cars an hour by the end of 2018. The growth is not always steady, but it is growth and it is amazing. Not sure why you hate Tesla so much, not sure if you hate SpaceX too, often seems to be hand in hand. You may be right on M3 production, I think they have it figured out, but we may not really know until early January or even later.
We've both made our bets, I'm rooting for progress, cleaner and better cars and a future.

they predicted:

- solar roof won't fly

Who is financing you?

• Funny
Reactions: hiroshiy

they just delivered the FIRST non-employee car today? WTF?

For someone as intent on deconstructing Tesla as you, I would think you'd bother to read the article. This delivery did not happen today. It's scheduled for the 26th. And anyway, one person does not a delivery deluge make. When the bulk of the 11/21 invitees start taking delivery, then we can mark non-employee deliveries as occurring in earnest.

But back to the point you think you're making: yes, 'bears' predicted that Tesla would miss their aspirational goals, as Tesla nearly always does. Good job?

Most analysts and most of us bulls also predicted this. The difference is that you bear folk also predicted that this would matter severely to the stock price, unlike its negligible effect for the past several years of Tesla's existence.

They'll continue to miss many to most of their goals. And they'll continue to eventually deliver the goods. Again, as is their pattern.

The story supporting the stock price depends on ultimately hitting the bullseye. No one who's serious about following the company / being in the stock pretends otherwise.

In another thread you asked tonight why longs don't insist that Tesla report monthly as other, more established automakers do. Thank you for showing why by way of your example in this thread. It's because tunnel-vision detractors like you would use the data to mislead / grab onto ultimately meaningless missteps and raise hell in an attempt to derail the company.

I'm actually fine with them not enabling that behavior any further than they must.

Last edited:
... everything about the company was predicted years in advance by bears...
Wrong, with a capital W.

The sugar bears were saying years ago has all came to pass as Wrong. You obviously live in an alternate universe so there is no point bringing up what bears were actually saying years ago.

Behind doesn’t mean derailed. And investing in growth doesn’t mean Tesla will never make money.

Reactions: neroden and SteveG3
Bears are freaking out over Tesla Semi and throwing the kitchen sink, but retail investors have already wised up:

View attachment 267549
Appreciate if you don’t pollute this thread with Seeking Alpha nonsense. I get it that you want to promote your blog over there. But this is not really informative or even funny to me, especially what nutcase Speigel is saying over at SA.

Status
Not open for further replies.