Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

2017 Investor Roundtable:General Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we curious to know the market impact today of the disclosure about the purported Shanghai coming factory plus the gigantic Shanghai Superchargers? How about adding surprise Superchargers in other locations such as the second one in Barrie, ON and other recent sudden openings? Further, how about the added few hundred million on the inventory financing line? Then the rumor that Tesla may choose Magna-Steyr or another to assemble Model 3 for Europe? Then, the multi-charger-type native support in China, at least?

That Tesla is devoting such effort to China is both obvious and impressive. That they're able to quickly install and deploy a 50 unit Supercharger installation in China is proof that they can manage local and regional issues, at least in Shanghai. Name another auto firm that can do such things and does do such things, please. Such might exist, but if so I do not know who it is.

My guess is that we will continue to have good news on quite a number of such fronts. We are ten days away form hearing about the last quarter at which time we should be hearing more about the above and other things.

There is so much to this story beyond the Model 3 ramp up issues.

Then there is all the FUD:
The other negatives are certainly the deficiencies of AP-2 and 2.5 plus continuing poor PR on Model X quality control.
I think the negatives are probably equal portions of FUD and legitimate growth pains.

It's also a big deal that the auto dealers of the USA plus GM and Fiat-Chrysler are determined to demonize Tesla as much as they can, with a few other car makers happy to climb on the FUD-wagon

The final indisputable question is that the last successful brand new auto builder in the US was Chrysler. There is always FUD about that, not to mention Tucker, Delorean, Bricklin and Kaiser. Yes indeed, building cars is not easy!

The positives are astounding! The negatives are predictable.

I suppose I'm now more bullish than I have been for a long time.

Are we curious to know the market impact today of the disclosure about the purported Shanghai coming factory plus the gigantic Shanghai Superchargers? How about adding surprise Superchargers in other locations such as the second one in Barrie, ON and other recent sudden openings? Further, how about the added few hundred million on the inventory financing line? Then the rumor that Tesla may choose Magna-Steyr or another to assemble Model 3 for Europe? Then, the multi-charger-type native support in China, at least?

That Tesla is devoting such effort to China is both obvious and impressive. That they're able to quickly install and deploy a 50 unit Supercharger installation in China is proof that they can manage local and regional issues, at least in Shanghai. Name another auto firm that can do such things and does do such things, please. Such might exist, but if so I do not know who it is.

My guess is that we will continue to have good news on quite a number of such fronts. We are ten days away form hearing about the last quarter at which time we should be hearing more about the above and other things.

There is so much to this story beyond the Model 3 ramp up issues.

Then there is all the FUD:
The other negatives are certainly the deficiencies of AP-2 and 2.5 plus continuing poor PR on Model X quality control.
I think the negatives are probably equal portions of FUD and legitimate growth pains.

It's also a big deal that the auto dealers of the USA plus GM and Fiat-Chrysler are determined to demonize Tesla as much as they can, with a few other car makers happy to climb on the FUD-wagon

The final indisputable question is that the last successful brand new auto builder in the US was Chrysler. There is always FUD about that, not to mention Tucker, Delorean, Bricklin and Kaiser. Yes indeed, building cars is not easy!

The positives are astounding! The negatives are predictable.

I suppose I'm now more bullish than I have been for a long time.

Second supercharger in Barrie, ON? I live only about 40 minutes drive from there, and actively participate in multiple owner groups in the area. We know one is coming but AFAIK its not open or even under construction yet. I don't think we even know a final location other than "barrie waterfront". Do you have a link?

EDIT: Supercharger - Barrie, ON (2nd site on Bayfield St)

Found it. Wow. not just a second site, but a 20 staller. First in Canada, and makes 28 supercharger stalls in a town of 141,000.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Intl Professor
:) You're funny.

Last OT post: the other thing I've been thinking about lately is why dogs (or pets in general) get so much love from practically everyone. We literally pick up their sht. They don't do anything other than look and act cute. Pet ownership can be limiting to freedom on weekends/vacations etc. They can't even speak the same language as us.... so what is it?

I think it's the unconditional niceness. Even if you scream at them, or god forbid hit them, they always forgive us. They are always happy to see us and never judge us. Do you know any person in your life like this? I was lucky enough to have met three of them throughout my life, and they too enjoy love from practically everyone around them. It's a very rare dynamic.

The point I'm trying to make is: even if another person treats us poorly, the key to maximizing the probability to resolve any disagreement, I think, is patient and unconditional niceness. I've been employing this in my life in the last few weeks, and the results have been amazing.

I do not think you get dogs. There is **much** more there than acting cute and being nice.

You need to dig deeper to understand their essence, and do more if you want to follow your own advice. I mean acting cute and being nice feels superficial and just does not cut it. I hope you won't take offence to this - it is a genuine advice :)

What do ppl think about this video on hyperloop at SpaceX? Anyone wants to debunk it?

Didn't TBC just buy a TBM that was lying unused? But the article says "The company has developed tunneling machines it says will drill quickly through soft soils at a fraction of the cost of traditional tunneling."

Does anyone else smell another solar roof tile product here? ;)
Who is footing the bill for the tunnel digging? Maryland taxpayers, I suppose?

Another one by the same guy. Any one can debunk what he says in this video? Is there some truth in these?

Given this kook's earlier Hyperloop video failed grasp some rather fundamental concepts of operation (he claimed the onboard turbine compressor was for propulsion, and was unaware of the linear accelerators within the system), I tend to not lend much credence to his blatherings.

Plus, look at the rest of his youtube videos...

• Helpful
Reactions: GoTslaGo
Tesla delivers first Model 3 in New York – first look at design with front license plate
tesla-model-3-ny-plate-header.jpg

BTW, as far as East coast deliveries go, during the "Tesla Social" presentation on the weekend before the last one Sales Manager mentioned that first East coast delivery of Model 3 was to a person living in Maryland.

does anyone know if tsla went in geographical order, cali to ny starting with employees, then model s/x holders, then first day reservations, but all in geographical like elon said a while back? can we assume that tsla workers will all soon have their m3's (those that wanted rwd versions?)?

Status
Not open for further replies.