Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not going to happen. Model 3s are made in Fremont, not Sparks. Maybe you could see a Tesla Semi pulling a trailer full of Model 3 batteries and/or motors from Sparks to Fremont, but I don't know how you would know what was in the trailer.

My 2 c.

Hope it doesn't happen until Semi's are in production and getting produced at scale.
Less competition and any one else knows about how this works .. the better (IMHO)

Similar to what I noted about the trading on Wednesday, we are again seeing buying interest in extended spurts accompanied by volume. This is typically a telltale sign of institutional accumulation of shares. Some well funded entity (or entities) may either know something about the near term, or has become more confident about the long term prospects for Tesla.

Hell, I'd be doing the same as those insitutions if I weren't already overextended (as in, having mild trouble sleeping).

... and that Tesla will eventually become a typical auto company valued as a typical auto company and not the hype bubble stock as is currently being demonstrated.

Myusername, have you ever sat down and written a valuation for a "typical auto company" which also owns all its dealerships, sells its own fuel, sells its own "oil wells" and "fuel storage" and "fuel dispensers" to its customers, and most importantly *doesn't* have a dying legacy business?

I think you haven't.

You're a short-term technical trader; you have little experience with the complex art of company valuation. I suggest you go run a bottom-up model and find out what a "typical auto company" of this sort would actually be valued at. You're undervaluing the "typical auto company" because you're looking only at auto companies with gigantic dying legacy businesses, who split their income with franchised dealerships, who don't own oil companies.

Serious advice.

Well I was lucky enough to buy 10 Dec 15 330's lottery tickets last week (at 65 cents).

I have never had a win on lottery tickets before so I have a question.

I am planning on waiting till friday. Should I start cashing out friday morning or how late in the day is it safe to do it ?
If its 3:45 PM est and I close at market can it fail to go through ?

• Love
Reactions: MitchJi
Bottom line, demand for BEVs reaching a tipping point? as soon as 4-5 years from now. Supply reaching a tipping point? looking almost certain not to happen until the 2030s. This is Tesla's most fundamental moat to long-term torrid growth for the auto business as I've written about in a separate thread.

While I agree I will point out that BYD, SAIC, BAIC, Geely, and a couple of other Chinese companies are already on the "good side" of the transition, so Tesla isn't alone on this side of the moat.

Well I was lucky enough to buy 10 Dec 15 330's lottery tickets last week (at 65 cents).

I am planning on waiting till friday. Should I start cashing out friday morning or how late in the day is it safe to do it ?
if you put a market order in to sell close your options it should go through instantly. if you put a limit order in, someone will have to decide they want to buy at your price and that might not execute before close. 330's wont be worth anything (probably 5-10c or something depending on how close to $330 it is) friday at 3:45 if its not above 330$, keep that in mind.

Hell, I'd be doing the same as those insitutions if I weren't already overextended (as in, having mild trouble sleeping).

Have you ever had this much of your portfolio in a single stock? If so, was it a company that had only been publicly traded for 8 years? Just curious. I'm more overextended than you I believe, but working with a much, much, much smaller amount of money.

I can't advise you what to do as we all have a different frame of reference/age/life......I will tell you what I do with lottos that are up big. I sell half of them when they are up over 100% as I book profit along with my initial investment, then let the rest ride. I personally don't wait till last moment before expiry to make sure the sale goes through.

I have a funny feeling that @Curt Renz (IIRC) will be right. He questioned whether Chanos’ short announcement last month would be like a Speigel bottom in 2016.

So maybe a “minor” bottom in 2016 with a “major” bottom in 2017... considering who is calling the short.

Pattern the last several days is eerily similar to December 2016–which we now know was Tencent buying. Fingers crossed.

I have a funny feeling that @Curt Renz (IIRC) will be right. He questioned whether Chanos’ short announcement last month would be like a Speigel bottom in 2016.

So maybe a “minor” bottom in 2016 with a “major” bottom in 2017... considering who is calling the short.

Pattern the last several days is eerily similar to December 2016–which we now know was Tencent buying. Fingers crossed.
That was yours truly :D

Status
Not open for further replies.