Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
X Static,
Congrats on your new M3. I was having issues connecting ( spanning over a few months ) receiving a good WI -Fi signal . All was solved with a new " Car Computer " Happy Camper now , Updates are being received now with a strong signal. Had a router installed in garage. Maybe that helped ,don't know for sure. Good luck

Yeah this was more than the DashCam icon disappearing, I think there were serious, dangerous bugs in the autopilot that we introduced.

After the prior update I noticed autopilot behaving more erratically, slamming on brakes not only for overpasses that it never had before, but also freaking out thinking cars in adjacent lanes were merging into me and slamming on brakes there too. There were times that no cars were in front of me, but if a car pulled alongside on the highway it would brake.

I probably filed five or six phantom braking bug reports just in my commute home. Hoping that was fixed by the latest, so far haven't had the same issues.

• Informative
Reactions: Dogtone
Got 20.4.2 and have driven about 60 miles on NOA w/out any issues - did notice that some of the locations that triggered phantom braking didn't phantom break, but some still did. Probably not related at all. haven't noticed any other real difference at all.

Also, my TeslaCam is working just fine. Both Recent and Saved seem to be 'normal'. I'm using a 256GB flash drive and nothing out of the ordinary here.

Yeah this was more than the DashCam icon disappearing, I think there were serious, dangerous bugs in the autopilot that we introduced.

After the prior update I noticed autopilot behaving more erratically, slamming on brakes not only for overpasses that it never had before, but also freaking out thinking cars in adjacent lanes were merging into me and slamming on brakes there too. There were times that no cars were in front of me, but if a car pulled alongside on the highway it would brake.

I probably filed five or six phantom braking bug reports just in my commute home. Hoping that was fixed by the latest, so far haven't had the same issues.

I hope this didn't revert back the old code that makes it take 10-20 minutes to reconnect to the network when coming out of a dead zone :(
Looks like 20.4.2 broke my car again. Not re-connecting to LTE for 10-15 minutes again when leaving the deadzone at work. Friend says he is all the way home before it reconnects and the music and navigation / traffic data / voice commands will start working.

I played the game, it was fun but it felt like I was moving in the car - a little scarey.

also, can you make it so that when you park doesn’t go into “easy entry” mode so you can play the game in the natural position?

I’m noting some weird stuff after getting 20.4.2 yesterday. Drove for the first time today, put it in Park and the wipers came on and turning from “auto” to “off” still didn’t stop them. After a few attempts finally went off. Then driving down a 4 lane with median road (not interstate), the auto-lane change with turn signal would not work in spite of multiple attempts. “Keep Summer Safe” would not turn on sentry mode. So personally — I’d like to go back to 20.4.1 (which I only had for a day) or hurry up with 4.2.3.

Anyone else seeing stuff like this?

also freaking out thinking cars in adjacent lanes were merging into me and slamming on brakes there too. There were times that no cars were in front of me, but if a car pulled alongside on the highway it would brake.

I experienced exactly this same thing this afternoon. Right before I updated. I thought the car next to me was pretty damn close to me, but he was just in my blind spot so I don’t think the braking helped anything. I updated tonight and hope not to see that again..

I kinda doubt it's minor. A minor fix will be rolled into a new update - makes no sense to spend cycles developing and testing for something minor. My guess is that it's something to do with either beach buggy game or the new app dock.

The last three updates were Beach Buggy, Dog Mode Improvements and Display Brightness. Not exactly what I would call "Major."

And if you need a notification that your car is down to 20% while your dog is in the car, he's been in there too long, and you don't deserve a dog. I hope he leaves you a gift in your seat.

Looks like 20.4.2 broke my car again. Not re-connecting to LTE for 10-15 minutes again when leaving the deadzone at work. Friend says he is all the way home before it reconnects and the music and navigation / traffic data / voice commands will start working.

I have had the same issue the last few days. Park in a deadzone garage for work and LTE does not reconnect after driving home (15-20) minutes, would need to do a soft reboot to fix it.