Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got this update tonight from 28.2.

Not sure if it's a coincidence, but my display locked up and rebooted on my drive to work this morning. MCU crash? First time this happened to me since I got my Model 3 on July 23.

I like to keep her fresh with a reboot right after an update. I figured it blows out the cobwebs afterwards as sometimes I’d get some odd reboots or crashes. Anyway - to each their own.

Keep in mind that if you have this “early update” option ticked in, you’re part of Tesla’s testing (in between beta testers and full release). So, we being given an update, if we have had an issue, like always grabbing the wheel in a wrongful map turn or quickly accelerating to overtake ie anything contradicting the AP; you’ll probably be monitored with special interest by the Tesla dev team.

• Disagree
Reactions: Silicon Desert
Keep in mind that if you have this “early update” option ticked in, you’re part of Tesla’s testing (in between beta testers and full release). So, we being given an update, if we have had an issue, like always grabbing the wheel in a wrongful map turn or quickly accelerating to overtake ie anything contradicting the AP; you’ll probably be monitored with special interest by the Tesla dev team.

I have the data sharing on, as well as the faster update option. I’m assuming you’re correct in the dev team’s approach and welcome it. I want to help feed data to hopefully improve ap.

Proof? I don't think this is true. From my understanding, only "Early Access Program" participants are the ones that Tesla developers pull/learn from actively. The rest of the fleet is treated the same from a shadow-mode/learning standpoint regardless of software update preference (and FWIW, "Advanced" has shown to do absolutely nothing).

Proof? I don't think this is true. From my understanding, only "Early Access Program" participants are the ones that Tesla developers pull/learn from actively. The rest of the fleet is treated the same from a shadow-mode/learning standpoint regardless of software update preference (and FWIW, "Advanced" has shown to do absolutely nothing).
Hey stop saying that. It is the ULTIMATE placebo button that is directly connected to Elon Musk's office. :eek: When activated it illuminates a red light on his desk and it doesn't go off until he sends the update to you.:D

39913B83-C7BA-4320-ACAB-CD515669408D.jpeg
28D3869D-E7B7-4229-A702-F4125B54BA2C.jpeg

my car said update available and to connect to WiFi to download for the last two days. when it is parked at home I made sure it is connect to the WiFi at home but it has yet to download anything over night. I did a hard and soft and still shows the same thing. why suggestions?

Had a service appointment for this Friday to address a persistent 'Both pedals pressed' alert whenever I hit the brakes.

Service center sent me a message today saying they pushed an update to my car (which turned out to be 28.3.1, updating from 24.4), and that I should check if the problem continued. Did just that, and it seems the problem has gone away. I'll give it another day before cancelling the appointment.

It's strange because every mention of this same problem online ends up resolved with either a sensor or pedal replacement.

Hopefully they're not paving over a real physical issue with a software tweak.

Updated to 28.3 from an earlier 28 version last night. EAP and NoA were both worse with phantom braking plus I had to cancel navigation when I realized NoA was going to miss my work exit. The other issue which I've not seen before is creep was enabled which startled me while driving in traffic this morning. When I checked the creep setting it was in a disabled state but the graphic color was off. Put car in Park reset Creep to off and now it's fine along with a normal graphic.

well.... yes and no. Whether a person is part of the "early update" or not, (not just the people who turned on the checkbox). The same thing is happening on all the cars as far as data input assuming the option to share data is in effect..

Last edited: