Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.40.50.1 voice commands UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone had much luck with the new voice commands in the latest update?

Looking at Youtube it seems that US owners seem to have many more commands available than I seem to be able to use.

Not sure if its a US vs UK thing or just my car's voice recognition it faulty. eg "show me the rear camera" or "show me tyre pressures" - response is "Command not understood"

Also noticed that often you say a command and the car doesnt respond at all, you have to try 2 or 3 times to get it to display the text of what it thinks youre saying

Has anyone had much luck with the new voice commands in the latest update?

Looking at Youtube it seems that US owners seem to have many more commands available than I seem to be able to use.

Not sure if its a US vs UK thing or just my car's voice recognition it faulty. eg "show me the rear camera" or "show me tyre pressures" - response is "Command not understood"

Also noticed that often you say a command and the car doesnt respond at all, you have to try 2 or 3 times to get it to display the text of what it thinks youre saying

It's broken. They've just released 2019.40.50.5 and they're still broken.

Reactions: Rooster6655
I think you’re right. I tried a few that were shown working in the US and they didn’t work here in the UK with my car. It’s not an accent issue with me - I’m from California!

Yes, I agree that the accent theory is a red herring. I'm sure there's some technical issue to be sorted out but another major factor appears to be the quality of your data connection at the time of using the voice recognition.

im increasingly finding that there is no response whatsover to voice commands even when i have LTE reception or even when the car is on my house wifi. infuriating, espeicially when you see our american friends seemingly using tonnes of commands without a hitch! earlier today the car recognised "open charge port" without a problem and a few hours later it seems totally confused by the same command. go figure...

im increasingly finding that there is no response whatsover to voice commands even when i have LTE reception or even when the car is on my house wifi. infuriating, espeicially when you see our american friends seemingly using tonnes of commands without a hitch! earlier today the car recognised "open charge port" without a problem and a few hours later it seems totally confused by the same command. go figure...
Mine were pants today. I was out early doors for an MTB ride so figured it may not be a congestion issue. Also the (already dodgy) phone call recognition was awful. Something clearly not right!

Reactions: Rooster6655
It is widely reported that voice recognition is done on various servers not within the software itself - explains why they work some times and not others.
Also reported are current server issues.
So may be transient issues right now and hopefully the server issues a short hiccup on way to a longer term fix.
fingers crossed

Just installed 50.5 (didn't jump to 7) and the voice interpretation seemed a lot better car-side. However everything other than the wing mirror and glove box commands didn't actually do anything. So progress but still a way off. Aware that there are possibly some server issues. Hopefully we're getting close now....

updated my model 3 to 2019.40.50.7....still rubbish voice commands and no backup camera or ability to open/close various menus like US owners can.

anyone know if this is an ongoing uk server side issue? doesnt seem to be anything to do with the firmware or else the last two updates would surely have fixed it by now?

My voice commands have not yet worked for some time and despite now being on version 2019.40.50.7. I wonder if I am saying the right command.

Could we elect a standard command that we can all use and always use as a test to check if voice command is working on our car. Can someone who knows that their commands works on version 50.7 choose a command and give the exact words spoken that get a response. (a command that does not require a mobile phone). We can all then use that exact phrase or phrases as a benchmark. Suggestions?

My voice commands have not yet worked for some time and despite now being on version 2019.40.50.7. I wonder if I am saying the right command.

Could we elect a standard command that we can all use and always use as a test to check if voice command is working on our car. Can someone who knows that their commands works on version 50.7 choose a command and give the exact words spoken that get a response. (a command that does not require a mobile phone). We can all then use that exact phrase or phrases as a benchmark. Suggestions?
Just use the example they give in the release notes for the rear camera. It refuses to work for me and others. I'm on 50.7.
It's interpreting my voice correctly, so why can't it execute the command?

Attachments

• IMG_20191228_133404S.jpg
    IMG_20191228_133404S.jpg
    518.8 KB · Views: 57
Just use the example they give in the release notes for the rear camera. It refuses to work for me and others. I'm on 50.7.
It's interpreting my voice correctly, so why can't it execute the command?

Typical Tesla - software update : new feature : doesn't work. It's called feature complete - knows what to do but can't be arsed.
Same in my S today 50.7 and won't even 'stop navigation' now.