Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.40.50 beginning to roll

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone else have an issue where the voice control just doesn't hear ANYTHING you say? Regardless of what I ask all I get is the little card prompt telling me things I can say...it doesn't even register I have said anything and got it wrong...am I being thick (quite likely) or do I need to raise a support call? Thoughts anyone else having this (it didn't work before this update either fyi)

Does anyone else have an issue where the voice control just doesn't hear ANYTHING you say? Regardless of what I ask all I get is the little card prompt telling me things I can say...it doesn't even register I have said anything and got it wrong...am I being thick (quite likely) or do I need to raise a support call? Thoughts anyone else having this (it didn't work before this update either fyi)

I'm the same, most of the time, although it did pick up what I said once or twice, but still didn't recognise the command.

It's obviously a software issue rather than hardware.

• Funny
Reactions: Rooster6655
I'm the same, most of the time, although it did pick up what I said once or twice, but still didn't recognise the command.

I just tried to raise a service request for it on the app but the app keeps crashing when I say where I am. So I can't do it on the app, can't raise a bug request as the car doesnt listen to me...gonna have to go old school and ring them...hopefully a bit more successfully then the hours spend on hold pre delivery!

Mine is the same .. most of the time it doesnt hear anything that i say. Occasionally it does, but its very hit and miss.. when it does the only command ive managed to get to work is "open the glovebox". Nothing else seems to work.. even the examples in the release notes! "Show the rear camera" just says command not found..

Think there are some issues with this update!
No Fsd preview visualisations either .. guess the EU/UK miss out on this :-(

Yes I have the same experience after installing the ‘upgrade’ - at first I could open the glovebox with a voice command but nothing else worked. No new visualisations. Now nothing works via voice command. Hopefully another software update will follow soon

I shouted, whispered, cuss'd, begged, pleaded for 10 minutes, only to be flatly ignored.

Naughty list gets coal?

I did a soft reset and it didn't get any better. It's a software issue and probably won't get sorted until the next release.
I don't understand how Tesla can release software that obviously doesn't get tested before it's released.
I think I'm going to go back to standard software upgrade rather than advanced.
Why should I have to do Tesla's job of checking their firmware rather than let them do it.

• Informative
Reactions: Rooster6655