Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.40.50 beginning to roll

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone else have an issue where the voice control just doesn't hear ANYTHING you say? Regardless of what I ask all I get is the little card prompt telling me things I can say...it doesn't even register I have said anything and got it wrong...am I being thick (quite likely) or do I need to raise a support call? Thoughts anyone else having this (it didn't work before this update either fyi)
I get this! So annoying - voice recog stopped working !

I installed the 2019.40.50.1 update Christmas eve on my Model 3 performance (Dec 2019 delivery)... List of things not working since;

- Voice commands
- Both Autopilot and AutoSteer
- Smart Summon (this is new, so doesn't come under the 'since' category, but not working anyway).

I also can't log into my google account (for youtube) due to browser security settings.

I'm really hoping there is an update that fixes Autopilot/AutoSteer/NoA as I have a few big trips coming up (roughly 1000 miles) of travelling to do and was one of the main reasons behind the car purchase! Was working perfectly only a few days ago...

I installed the 2019.40.50.1 update Christmas eve on my Model 3 performance (Dec 2019 delivery)... List of things not working since;

- Voice commands
- Smart Summon (this is new, so doesn't come under the 'since' category, but not working anyway).

I also can't log into my google account (for youtube) due to browser security settings.

I'm really hoping there is an update that fixes Autopilot/AutoSteer/NoA as I have a few big trips coming up (roughly 1000 miles) of travelling to do and was one of the main reasons behind the car purchase! Was working perfectly only a few days ago...
Have you tried these today? voice command and smart summon working well for me today. Autosteer hasn't stopped working for me, still works well.

- Voice commands

Model S Raven working fine for the most part. You did reboot after update? Sorry if that's too obvious.

Hey @NorfolkMustard and @Battpower - Sorry, I should have mentioned that I have done a soft & hard reboot in the original post. Yes, I have also tried these again today on the 10-mile round trip to pick up family from the station.

I will try a few more reboots in hopes that will help the Autosteer/Autopilot issues. Going to try Smart Summon again later on today again. (Wasn't working this morning).

Yes, I did indeed have the cruise and auto steer working before. I simply said not working as it's unavailable where it was working perfectly a few days ago, so thought it was a sufficient phrase.

I went out now, wiped down all the cameras and sensors then did another hard reboot... tried the summon and smart summon feature again and low and behold it's started working (I'm on my own private land where it didn't work before this morning again). I'm hoping that if the summon feature is now working, Autopilot/AutoSteer will also work. Will be checking out tomorrow before the trip begins.

Maybe my car knew I moaned on the forum and decided to make me look a fool!

Wonder how many developers/qa staff Tesla have working over XMAS? It's possible they had .5 ready to go before XMAS but they have a slow release process so released .1 first... But why release a buggy update on Christmas Eve/Day at all?

To be honest it's smacks of their immaturity IMO.

On fleet software tracker (iirc subscribers only), scroll down to the list under contributing vehicles graphs and select the version you are interested in. It brings up version specific page where further down you can sort on date, model, country.

Wonder how many developers/qa staff Tesla have working over XMAS? It's possible they had .5 ready to go before XMAS but they have a slow release process so released .1 first. QUOTE]

Its likely that the bug was fixed, but the fix not merged into this release. So a relatively simple process to get a new build. QA for this should be mostly automated. (people write new tests, but the release gate should be all existing tests clean)

Wider release now it seems. Significant US now too but the odd Dutch, German and UK cars reporting it.
I've got the 2019.40.50.5 release, and it doesn't appear to have fixed the voice command problems. As before, open glovebox works, show the rear camera doesn't. No obvious improvements that I can see. Will have to wait for people to come back from their Christmas holidays before we get back to quality releases I fear.