Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.40.50 beginning to roll

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There’s some chatter suggesting the voice controls issue may be server capacity related back at Tesla, as it worked initially for some people but even for those same people the same commands are not being carried out now.

the visualisations weren’t included in the release notes outside US, so shouldn’t be surprised they’re not here yet.

Anyone else noticing that their car doesn't sleep after the update?

Currently 7hr 38 minutes idling according to teslafi

Mine is also not sleeping since the update. No settings changed, not driven it yet. Anyone know why? I'll try a reboot to start with, which seems to be recommended after an update anyway.

Someone mentioned you have to turn the option off in you settings and then back on again. It's because there is new t&c's you have to agree too
Naa, I did that after installing. I'm guessing they just didn't update the country/gps boundings for smart summon at the same time they added it to the release notes, Elon said they were making last-minute changes to this release upto and including the weekend before - regional tweeks like this will be easy to miss.

I did a soft reset and it didn't get any better. It's a software issue and probably won't get sorted until the next release.
I don't understand how Tesla can release software that obviously doesn't get tested before it's released.
I think I'm going to go back to standard software upgrade rather than advanced.
Why should I have to do Tesla's job of checking their firmware rather than let them do it.
How are they going to know we are having issues, you can't create a bug report as the car won't listen to you...maybe that's the plan all along?

Hold the car icon for about 5 seconds and it says thanks for feedback, whether it does submit anything or not is another matter!

Since this update my car has not slept, thanks Tesla lost at least 12 miles of range so far, I've updated my sleep setting to wait an hour on Teslafi to see if it helps, had enough of the Tesla amateur updates.

Ours is sleeping, but it does wake up regularly to do a topup charge every few hours -- not sure if this is normal, first time I have had car plugged in for extended period of time after charging had completed.

Its doing 25 mins here, 5 mins there, another 3 mins there.

Not braved the weather and done a reboot yet.

upload_2019-12-26_12-9-19.png

Reactions: Rooster6655
anyone notice that theatre now requires a wifi connection on the SR+???

I have just gone for quick drive since update. I can still get youview without wifi. And also got the live traffic and satalite view...

Anyone have a link to updated manual to show how to get text updates to work. Not tried it yet but not sure where the setting is? Anyone know?

As others have commented, voice commands not working very well.

In the car:

tap the bluetooth icon top-left, enable "Sync Messages" for the relevant phone.

This will popup asking you to then enable it in your phone's bluetooth too.

When you confirm that the car will disconnect and reconnect the phone and it should then be activated. You need to also sync contacts to be able to send messages

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Radders