Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had a chance to play with the Dashcam/SentryCam viewer just a little bit now. Although my drive had some older dashcam video on it, when I first tried to pull up the viewer, the viewer would not even come up. I took the car out and and made some dashcam video, and the appropriate icon appeared, and the viewer came up. It still doesn't see the older video however.

I've had a chance to play with the Dashcam/SentryCam viewer just a little bit now. Although my drive had some older dashcam video on it, when I first tried to pull up the viewer, the viewer would not even come up. I took the car out and and made some dashcam video, and the appropriate icon appeared, and the viewer came up. It still doesn't see the older video however.

Pure speculation- but early on HW3 and HW2.x cars were using a different video codec (used to be an easy way to tell which you had)- I wonder if you have old video in the other format no longer being used on either and they just didn't bother adding codec support for playback for that?

I love the new feature. I never bothered to take the drive into the house to watch. I did use my horn yesterday
B62A9A00-B41F-4460-9CE6-8C2B49DDD020.jpeg

Typical Tesla... no regard for s/w robustness or warning customers and developers of major changes. Beware that your Sentry Mode may stop working..!!

Just received this from Roadie:

Tesla 2020.19.5 Update Incompatibility
Hello everyone!

I hope everyone is safe and healthy in this difficult time.

If you install the 2020.19.5 update the Roadie will not be recognized as a valid disk.
Tesla changed the allowed format of the disk without notifying anyone so unfortunately I didn't see this coming.

I am going to push out a fix tonight. This update will re-format the device so if you need to make any backups of videos please do so.

I'm very sorry about this!
Stay Safe!

Jake

Typical Tesla... no regard for s/w robustness or warning customers and developers of major changes. Beware that your Sentry Mode may stop working..!!

Hello everyone!

If you install the 2020.19.5 update the Roadie will not be recognized as a valid disk.
Tesla changed the allowed format of the disk without notifying anyone so unfortunately I didn't see this coming.

I am going to push out a fix tonight. This update will re-format the device so if you need to make any backups of videos please do so.

Stay Safe!

Jake

He means 2020.12.5

Hello everyone!

Stay Safe!

Jake

OMG. Tesla does not have an App Store.
This programmer, needs to grow a pair and send out a fix. He chose to program this, man up and fix it.

Tesla releases a FREE upgrade for you, and you complain about a third party app.
This is just like an entitled owner I suppose.

I am LOVING this new update. Thank you thank you thank you Tesla. The Sentry alerts upon return to the car have gone from upsetting/quasi annoying (with no means of viewing them) to comforting that either nothing really happened (someone perhaps got a bit close) to having a viewable record of an unfortunate event. This is a very useful update. Well done. Now about that black headliner...

OMG. Tesla does not have an App Store.
This programmer, needs to grow a pair and send out a fix. He chose to program this, man up and fix it.

Tesla releases a FREE upgrade for you, and you complain about a third party app.
This is just like an entitled owner I suppose.

All this talk about free upgrades like we didn’t pay a premium for this benefit.

Hello everyone!

Stay Safe!

Jake

Typical Tesla just improving their cars that they've already made their money on for free. How dare them. gtfo