Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks zanary.
That's why I was asking Huskyf if I read his post correctly. He's the first I read that had MCU1 & the dashcam viewer, along with cones on HW2.5.
I do have FSD pre-purchased/paid for, but I don't have HW3 installed (yet).
I am thinking about purchasing the Infotainment Upgrade. Just trying to get my facts straight.

I have MCU2 &HW2.5 on my 2018 S with EAP but WITHOUT FSD and was surprised to see the cone visualization in the release notes I got today. i thought if was FSD only, but will gladly have it. I have yet so test it, but it is in the release notes.

I got 2020.12.5 last night, it was another update I couldn't install remotely via the app, or even while in the car unless I did the scroll-wheel reboot first. I scheduled the update to install just after the reboot completed, and it went through, but no notification from the app that the install was complete.

That's three updates in a row I couldn't install via the app. I wonder if my eMMC is about to blow chunks?

My delivery adviser said to always do a reboot after the update. So I did that and the 12.5 was advised in my app as ready the next time. He also said to select "advanced" on updates. I did my update from the app and when it was complete about 30 minutes later I saw that on the app. The new software was listed at the bottom of the app screen on the iphone. Later the next day I was in the car and rebooted the system with the steering wheel scroll buttons so I am ready for the next time.

Yesterday I also got a Navigation update, but I was in the car when I saw that coming through.

USB still working but the new Sentry player doesn't play the entire event that was recorded. Guess I have a bug in the 12.5 update too.

I have FSD and 2020 LR+ February build.

Hi Gary,
>
> We wanted to follow up regarding the USB Drive Full issue that was reported. We are aware of this issue and are working on a fix. Unfortunately, we don't have a timeline for when the fix will be rolled out.
>
> Thank you for helping us accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy.
>
> Best Regards,
> Robbie
>
> Robbie M. | Advanced Tesla Support
> 12832 Frontrunner Blvd., Draper, UT 84020

Just updated to 2020.12.5 yesterday, my USB is disabled also; did not look up/see this thread, but if they are aware of this USB issue why do they still push out this update like crazy with this known issue? :confused:

Just updated to 2020.12.5 yesterday, my USB is disabled also; did not look up/see this thread, but if they are aware of this USB issue why do they still push out this update like crazy with this known issue? :confused:

Pull your drive out of the car and:
1. plug it into your PC
2. delete the current partition
3. create a new partition (you can name the partition anything you want to or not, doesn't matter)
4. format the new partition with fat32
5. create a subdirectory (folder) and name it TeslaCam
6. plug it back into your car

voilà......

They will cripple your radio if you keep MCU1 by breaking USB music playback.
If you choose to upgrade to MCU2 they will cripple your radio by removing AM/FM/XM.
2020.16 might fix it or not. COVID-19 might make bug fixing even slower than previously.

I haven't driven since my update, will have to take out the USB, reboot, plug it back in and see if it works or is b0rked.

There seems to be some USB confusion, at least in the way I am reading the above posts?

We have two uses for USB in the car (other than charging).
1. DashCam/Sentry USB, for videos, requires a folder called "TeslaCam"
2. Music USB, for music, FLAC, MP3, WAV files can be anywhere on the drive (cannot be a "TeslaCam" folder on the music USB)

After installing 2020.12.5, my Music USB is not being recognized (like @sealbeach100d above),
We both have a 2017 Model S with MCU1, AP2.5 & FSD pre-paid.

This issue will be fixed, like every other issue.
Complaining about this or any issue is not allowed @dark cloud!
We have the pleasure of driving cars that are being updated almost everyday with new features, via visible and behind the scenes updates.
Sometimes updates that often add stunning new functionality, break existing features.
We are all beta testers.
If you don't like that, sell your Tesla to someone else, buy something that will never get updated.
No more whining.

• Funny
Reactions: Rider668
They will cripple your radio if you keep MCU1 by breaking USB music playback.
If you choose to upgrade to MCU2 they will cripple your radio by removing AM/FM/XM.
2020.16 might fix it or not. COVID-19 might make bug fixing even slower than previously.

"Cripple"! No, I think what you meant to say is if one chooses to upgrade from MCU1 to MCU2, a wonderful choice which adds all the current functionality of shipping cars, you will not have AM/FM radio functionality. This obviously due to hardware limitations in the retrofit. It is not "fixable" with a software update, it is not malicious. And it has nothing to do with USB music temporarily not working.

Can we please not refer to Tesla like a lame traditional car company.

Reactions: tranzndance
There seems to be some USB confusion, at least in the way I am reading the above posts?

We have two uses for USB in the car (other than charging).
1. DashCam/Sentry USB, for videos, requires a folder called "TeslaCam"
2. Music USB, for music, FLAC, MP3, WAV files can be anywhere on the drive (cannot be a "TeslaCam" folder on the music USB)

After installing 2020.12.5, my Music USB is not being recognized (like @sealbeach100d above),
We both have a 2017 Model S with MCU1, AP2.5 & FSD pre-paid.

This issue will be fixed, like every other issue.
Complaining about this or any issue is not allowed @dark cloud!
We have the pleasure of driving cars that are being updated almost everyday with new features, via visible and behind the scenes updates.
Sometimes updates that often add stunning new functionality, break existing features.
We are all beta testers.
If you don't like that, sell your Tesla to someone else, buy something that will never get updated.
No more whining.

If no one complains how are they going to know to fix it?

Anyone else notice that this software update changed the Sentry icon...?

No longer the HAL9000 "eye." I wonder if whoever (Clarke? Kubrick? MGM?) owns whatever copyrights are involved told them to cease & desist.... Surely if it had gotten to a lawsuit, we'd've heard about it??

Too bad; I really like all the pop culture references embedded in our cars....

I just got this update on my Model S 100D (MCU1,HW2).
The release readme just says:
1) broken stalls info on superchargers pin in the map.
2) minor fixes.

The problem is with my pendrive: Up to previous version the car correctly read my pendrive (1k+ mp3s and FLACs) and played them all perfectly fine (including album arts, resume on entry, no un-necessary rescans, etc.)

Now, with 2020.12.5 the pendrive is NOT SHOWN anymore as available for music playing!
I already performed all the various resets, both with pendrive connected and disconnected, but nothing chages.
Now, when I connect the pendrive, the internal LED flashes for about 2 seconds, and then it turns off. The drive doesn't show on screen and the car obviously can't play any music out of it.

Any suggetsion?
TIA
another data point - the 2020.12.5 update also broke the USB music player in my 2015 70D (MCU1/AP1) too. No longer appears in the Music Player at all, even after reboot.

Tesla seems to have a proven inability to code a reliable USB music player (cf: Comprehensive USB Bug List); this seems to just be the latest evidence

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve