Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.16 rolling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can’t speak to Sentry or key labels, but I just hopped in the car and noticed the following. I’m assuming it’s not just my car being weird:

- Automatic navigation turned itself back on (that feature that will navigate to home, work, etc based on where it thinks you’re going). Annoying.

- “Format USB” button was disabled for me. I don’t know if that’s because it is partitioned for music and Sentry already.

- Security Alarm and Tilt/Intrusion are enabled and greyed out (so you can’t disable them) whether Sentry mode is on or not. Previously disabling Sentry would allow you to change these two settings.

- Cabin Overheat Protection can be turned on and off regardless of the status of Sentry, Tilt/Intrusion etc. The tooltip says it can’t be enabled with Tilt/Intrusion on, but I’m assuming that’s now obsolete. It still says it only works for 12 hours after car last driven.

8E6F096C-0172-48E2-9588-5259ABC7D411.jpeg

I rebooted the car thinking maybe my settings were messed up, but I got the same results.

Reactions: drewpost and Roy W.
Can’t speak to Sentry or key labels, but I just hopped in the car and noticed the following. I’m assuming it’s not just my car being weird:

- Automatic navigation turned itself back on (that feature that will navigate to home, work, etc based on where it thinks you’re going). Annoying.

- “Format USB” button was disabled for me. I don’t know if that’s because it is partitioned for music and Sentry already.

- Security Alarm and Tilt/Intrusion are enabled and greyed out (so you can’t disable them) whether Sentry mode is on or not. Previously disabling Sentry would allow you to change these two settings.

- Cabin Overheat Protection can be turned on and off regardless of the status of Sentry, Tilt/Intrusion etc. The tooltip says it can’t be enabled with Tilt/Intrusion on, but I’m assuming that’s now obsolete. It still says it only works for 12 hours after car last driven.

View attachment 545176

I rebooted the car thinking maybe my settings were messed up, but I got the same results.
I was looking at my menus this morning and mine are exactly the same as yours.

On the Format USB, I too am using a partitioned drive (Samsung T5).

Reactions: Durzel

View attachment 545176

Just like your photo, my Cabin Overheat Protection was auto set to ON after update. I was unaware it’s been running this morning, until I heard the fans running!

EXT 3 and 4 along with MS-DOS FAT and FAT32 were previously supported.

I believe they tried to release support for exFat previously, botched the release and rolled back before the update hit UK shores. Glad to see it's now included.

Excerpt from the user manual below however this was a few releases back. Also, no idea what's currently working as the release hasn't hit my car yet.

SmartSelect_20200527-183448_Drive.jpg

• Informative
Are you thinking of exFAT? The car has never supported EXT4 as far as I'm aware.

The popup for "Format USB" says it will format it as exFAT, so I presume it works now.

No, I am not thinking of exFAT. I am referring to EXT4, the journaled Linux filesystem. It is working successfully in 2020.8.3 in my M3, after some initial permissions oddity (you have to set the TeslaCam folder owner to "1984", another easter egg!)... however it was noticed on Reddit that this unannounced support was then broken in 2020.12. As a result I have held off upgrading beyond 2020.8.3 since I would prefer to use a journaled filesystem to avoid corruption.

• Informative
Reactions: Cnixon and Durzel