Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.24.6.4 !

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I disagreed with your post only because updates are really the only problem in most MFD today. In most of North America MFD there is now the capability to have charging in assigned parking spots. Even if that is impractical or impossible there are now fairly easy charging options in nearly all locations. I admit I am more optimistic than some because I see the improvements. When I was first driving Teslas there were few charging options. When I bought my own the nearest Supercharger was two hours away and my own location took me almost six months to arrange, and then at high cost. Today in the same building it takes a couple of weeks and modest cost. If that does not work there are still four urban superchargers in areas I go nearly every few days and level two at my doctor's office, my supermarkets, my pharmacy and both the malls I frequent.

Right now I do not think there are any significant limitations in owning an EV in most urban dwellings. It is different than ICE, but even for MFD, it is more convenient. Clearly there are some areas where that is not true.

Yeah I fully disagree with you that updates are the problem. You don't need the almost weekly updates being pushed, you do need almost daily charging. But it sounds like you were able to get charging options installed at your place which is cool. I have multiple co-workers who would like to get an EV but they live in an apartment/condo, some with assigned parking and others without. Some have talked to their mgmt companies and laughed at when they ask about getting charging installed. One said the apartment complex would install "one" it but at the club house and it'd be first come first serve, kinda a win?

I think it depends on the developers and the tenants to push for it, yes it can be done but like you said there is a cost to it for sure. Wifi is pretty much everywhere, easy charging without fighting for a parking spot... not so much in my experience but that's my experience.

I think AT&T would start charging Tesla more on the future contracts if Tesla wanted going to start pushing updates over the air which would increase the price of premium connectivity. $10/mo isn't bad right now but all them 1's and 0's do actually cost money which will be passed on to us users. It's one thing to get data capped 1TB for your home internet but a mobile device, even those have much smaller data caps or very slow speeds when hotspotting (looking at you Verizon) and I'm on a true unlimited plan with Verizon.

I'm not interested in prudent cost savings when it was an advertised feature when I bought the car. I have no access to wifi in my condo parking structure yet LTE reaches just fine. I bought into 'premium connectivity' when it was the feature that brought me updates and they slowly just silently stripped it away and kept telling me i needed to somehow just get wifi in my garage. Bunch of pretentious asses if you ask me.
Guess you and your Tesla need to find a classier place to live. All the cool condos have wifi in the parking garage.

Seriously. It's a one time expenditure. If your building can't afford it, man, you need to get out quick.

Guess you and your Tesla need to find a classier place to live. All the cool condos have wifi in the parking garage.

Seriously. It's a one time expenditure. If your building can't afford it, man, you need to get out quick.

What an unnecessary thing to say. Really, show some class.

For your information, I'm a real estate developer in NYC and Philadelphia. We never put Wifi in our parking garages. It would be a nightmare. Furthermore, when we do install Wifi in public spaces, it always has a security landing page so it would not work for Tesla anyway.

Are those of you that aren’t getting this release on HW3? My X that was upgraded to the AP3 computer (and MCU 2) got this last week but my 3 on AP2.5 hasn’t and I don’t expect it to until its computer is upgraded (backordered, put in the request about a month ago).

Are those of you that aren’t getting this release on HW3? My X that was upgraded to the AP3 computer (and MCU 2) got this last week but my 3 on AP2.5 hasn’t and I don’t expect it to until its computer is upgraded (backordered, put in the request about a month ago).
Others with 2.5 even SR+ have downloaded the update.
1C7743FD-D50A-4D14-BBDC-930B2D04F764.jpeg

Fred

Others with 2.5 even SR+ have downloaded the update.
View attachment 561947

Fred
TeslaFi stats really don’t mean anything as users have to set their own AP level; been so for months. Anyone in this thread have 2.5 and gotten it?

(What TeslaFi should do is clear all AP level settings for anyone that didn’t manually set it....)

Reactions: jroydog