Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I drove home from dinner tonight, I noticed the yellow download arrow appear and saw that 2020.8.1 was available to download.
Upon connecting to WiFi, it downloaded without issues and I just got notified a few minutes ago that it’s ready to install.

So I’m not sure about the reports that it’s being pulled back completely, maybe the rollout was just to a small number of cars.
According to TeslaFi, there are a total of 343 subscribed cars that are on this version. The vast majority of those (265) are Performance Model 3s.

Now I find myself rhetorically checking “Upgrades” from my app, in the off chance I suddenly see an upgrade available from “The performance Boost” I have,
To
“Full Performance”.

It would be nice if this happened, so I could go on liking all current V2 Mode owners again. :)

Elon.. ? :)

And I keep checking for an upgrade from Performance to Ludicrous

it doesn’t end.
(And yes I know it’s not going to happen. But. I still check)

And I keep checking for an upgrade from Performance to Ludicrous

it doesn’t end.
(And yes I know it’s not going to happen. But. I still check)
I check the upgrades section a few times a week. I know for a fact it won’t have anything but I still check.

They should have Tesla specific support groups or therapists for these phenomenons.

20.8.1 updated on mine Thursday. Drove to/from work and seemed fine. Wifey’s updated last night.

Don’t really care about the updates in the release notes.

Hoping for a change so TACC follows in stop-n-go traffic without lagging so much. Drove 140 miles Friday and might have seen improved ping-ponging in highway curves. Also might have been hallucinating though lol

20.8.1 updated on mine Thursday. Drove to/from work and seemed fine. Wifey’s updated last night.

Don’t really care about the updates in the release notes.

Hoping for a change so TACC follows in stop-n-go traffic without lagging so much. Drove 140 miles Friday and might have seen improved ping-ponging in highway curves. Also might have been hallucinating though lol

NoAP seems really solid in this release. More confident lane changes, even seems to be accelerating during which I really like. It follows the curve of the road more like I would.

I'd much rather see an update that says:
  • New 360 degree view mode. Now you can see your surroundings with a virtual "birds eye view".
Which is physically impossible based on the type and location of the cameras (especially in front)

Hotspot now available! Now you can use your Model 3 as a mobile WiFi hotspot.

Which would require at least doubling if not more the price of premium connectivity

Which is physically impossible based on the type and location of the cameras (especially in front)

Which would require at least doubling if not more the price of premium connectivity

Geez, wet blanket much?

No, you won't get a true 360 degree overhead view. But I've seen mockups with a darkened gray area "blind spot" up front. This would be suffice for parallel parking and backing into SC spots.

The cost of WiFi hotspot is totally up to the carrier. For many, it's more than worth it.

BTW, Elon has indicated both are a possibility for future updates. But then, there is a growing list of such items.

• Disagree
Reactions: jfinephilly
Geez, wet blanket much?

Probably because this is roughly the 97th time someone has had to explain this exact thing on this exact forum to someone.

It gets old.

No, you won't get a true 360 degree overhead view. But I've seen mockups with a darkened gray area "blind spot" up front. This would be suffice for parallel parking and backing into SC spots.

The entire front would be blank. There's 0 cameras that can see below the hood line.

How would that be helpful?

Backing into SC spots the current rear view seems plenty good to me.... for parallel parking I'd probably just let the car do it- but for those without that option the front ultrasonics are pretty solid in lieu of a camera already... turning on the SIDE camera would help here though (more on that later)

The cost of WiFi hotspot is totally up to the carrier. For many, it's more than worth it.

I'm just citing you the average cost of the other car companies that provides what you suggest. No reason to suspect a carrier would give a larger discount to a company with a much smaller fleet like Tesla.

BTW, Elon has indicated both are a possibility for future updates. But then, there is a growing list of such items.

He's indicated we'd be driving cross country on FSD in 2017 too.

FWIW though I don't believe he ever said a 360 overhead view was possible- only that turning on one or more of the side cameras would be- and I agree that'd be helpful because unlike the 360 thing it's actually possible with existing hardware.

Also it wouldn't require paying a bunch of money to do since unlike the 360 thing it's not patented by someone else.