Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just phoned Tesla (for the first time!) and spoke to a friendly and helpful chap after a very short wait.

Anyway, he said my M3P is on a boat which is due to arrive in Zeebrugge on 24/03 and the UK a day or two after that, so delivery hopefully at the very end of the month or early April.

Any suggestions for which boat I'm looking at? Thanks.

Nope.

Reactions: Masklin
I spoke to Bristol Cribbs Causeway on Friday, and they said my car was on the Glovis Captain, which they expected to arrive on 20/03. Where that is, I don’t know, but I assume it’s Zeebrugge.

Mind you, I called Tesla, on the 01628 number, around 7 days ago and was told my car was in Southampton, and Bristol would be in touch in a few days to arrange my pick-up.

This happens. A VIN reallocation probably.
It's going to happen more and more when you only have to put £100 down.
Then realise they can't insure it, finance it or sober up!

This happens. A VIN reallocation probably.
It's going to happen more and more when you only have to put £100 down.
Then realise they can't insure it, finance it or sober up!

I think it was a genuine mistake as I got the car from existing inventory and the VIN hasn’t changed. I was gutted when Bristol told me not only was the car not available for pick-up, but that it was on a ship that hadn’t reached the Panama Canal yet!

Morning Cara still heading our way, although not as fast as Brooklands!

Position Received: 2020-03-02 15:51 UTC
9 minutes ago

Vessel's Local Time:
2020-03-02 13:51 LT (UTC -2)

Latitude / Longitude: 45.4224° / -24.90682°

Speed/Course: 15.7 kn / 62 °

AIS Source: Satellite

upload_2020-3-2_16-0-7.png

Reactions: Mark-R
Reactions: rEV gadget
OK so ordered M3 LR White/Black Dec 19th via Leaseplan - Company Car - Delivery point requested was Heathrow - Vin assigned early Feb. Tesla confirmed car on Grand Mark. Called Leaseplan today and they said collection is down for Mon 9th (All good so far) Asked them to confirm Delivery location and they said best to call Tesla. Here's the thing - I am based in Hampshire near Southampton - My company is based in Stoke on Trent - Tesla confirmed delivery for 9th although they had me down to collect from Manchester as Leaseplan had given Stoke on Trent as delivery address!!!!!! - Tesla were excellent and changed my collection to the new depot in Southampton still for the 9th. So if you have ordered a company car through a Lease company and your home address is nowhere near your company address check check check the collection address.

• Helpful
Reactions: Blueskye
Spoke with Tesla Bristol this morning and he said they have 16 parking spaces for customer collections - He then said he has 307 vehicles being delivered next week! Was in serious panic mode as to where to store them all!

The Cribbs Causeway supercharger has had a pixx poor rate of charge on both occasions I have used it. So don't be too keen to unplug from the wall charger on delivery.

• Informative
OK so ordered M3 LR White/Black Dec 19th via Leaseplan - Company Car - Delivery point requested was Heathrow - Vin assigned early Feb. Tesla confirmed car on Grand Mark. Called Leaseplan today and they said collection is down for Mon 9th (All good so far) Asked them to confirm Delivery location and they said best to call Tesla. Here's the thing - I am based in Hampshire near Southampton - My company is based in Stoke on Trent - Tesla confirmed delivery for 9th although they had me down to collect from Manchester as Leaseplan had given Stoke on Trent as delivery address!!!!!! - Tesla were excellent and changed my collection to the new depot in Southampton still for the 9th. So if you have ordered a company car through a Lease company and your home address is nowhere near your company address check check check the collection address.

and where is the Southampton delivery centre?

Just phoned Tesla (for the first time!) and spoke to a friendly and helpful chap after a very short wait.

Anyway, he said my M3P is on a boat which is due to arrive in Zeebrugge on 24/03 and the UK a day or two after that, so delivery hopefully at the very end of the month or early April.

I'd be very keen to learn the name of this ship. If it exists it would be coming from the east coast, probably Philadelphia.

• Informative

Might be worth giving them a call back and asking for the name of the boat!