Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine was ordered via a lease company as a company car on 04/02/20 and I received a text prompting to arrange collection on Monday evening, now booked for the 23rd.

Have you got an RN number?

Prior to the text from Tesla, I had heard absolutely nothing at all.

Hi there, new to the forum, thanks for all the insights although can I ask, roughly when did people place their orders for their cars. We ordered in Feb through the leasing company but haven't heard anything yet despite chasing? Not sure whether to expect a delivery from the latest cars on the GV or whether it's going to be longer. The suspense is agonising!!

Hi, I placed an order for a Long Range Model 3 on 21 May and I'm taking delivery on 27 June. My order got matched to a car within a few days and found the hidden VIN in the source code of the account page. All these allow me to think that my matched car is on the Grand Venus.

Hi there, new to the forum, thanks for all the insights although can I ask, roughly when did people place their orders for their cars. We ordered in Feb through the leasing company but haven't heard anything yet despite chasing? Not sure whether to expect a delivery from the latest cars on the GV or whether it's going to be longer. The suspense is agonising!!
My order was placed by the leasing company on the 5th May and was told yesterday that I have been matched to a vehicle and that Tesla will be in touch soon to arrange collection/delivery so I would chase them up

Reactions: Mark S
Hmm going to revise my idea about Grand Venus heading to UAE after Europe. I'd guess Tesla want to sell off as many as they can before end of Q2, with UAE being out of range in that time frame. I suspect none will arrive in UAE until August now.

Is there an update on the cars that were stuck at Southampton?
All/most of the deliveries/collections that have been happening over the last 2 weeks are from cars that are/were stuck in Southampton.

I assume they continue to work through them, transporting batches to various parts of the UK to support local deliveries/collections.

Don't think anyone knows what's left there unless someone is close enough to check...but I presume they'll want it emptied in advance of Grand Venus turning up!

GRAND VENUS is now crossing the Sargasso Sea.

This is an unusual sea in that it is not bounded by land but just by ocean currents. The currents form what is known as a gyre and feed into the Sargasso which effectively mean that debris eg seaweed can’t escape and so the (generally calm) surface of the sea is liberally scattered with long streaks of brown seaweed. At least it was, nowadays it sadly glitters with plastic bottles and other debris. It is the dustbin of the Atlantic. The plastic bottles tend to group together and vast concentrations of them can be an astonishing and horrific sight.

GV Atlantic Progress.png