Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: ringi
Regular readers will recall the surprise entry on the San Francisco port schedule of GRAND CHOICE. According to the schedule it was due to load at Pier 80 on Saturday but the ship is still in Canada and so I don't think it is going to happen.
In the meantime I have been tipped off that the GLOVIS CORONA should arrive at Pier 80 late Friday afternoon. It can't be loading much because it is apparently due to depart around Saturday lunchtime.
I don't know it's destination yet however I suspect it will be Shanghai.

The vehicle carrying capacity of car carriers can be measured in RT units where 1 RT is equivalent of a 1966 Toyota Corona.
A Model 3 is considerably larger and heavier and so the numbers do not equate.
I don't know the RT rating for PLATINUM RAY and so I have estimated it.
I know @jbcarioca may find this table of value.

Screenshot 2020-09-18 at 00.52.46.png

• Informative
Reactions: jbcarioca
Thanks Mr M for your daily updates, you do a fantastic job for all of us boat watchers, it is very much appreciated by all of us, so thank you. My LR is due to be delivered next week, I've had many new cars over the years, but I've never been this excited before :D

I agree, thank you Mr M!

@Scan Man, when's your delivery? ;)

Four more sleeps :)

Not that I'm counting, or anything.

GLOVIS SIGMA The picture below shows her departing Southampton this morning.

Screenshot 2020-09-18 at 11.30.53.png

GLOVIS CLIPPER She is unloading completely in Zeebrugge. Any UK bound cars will be crossloaded on to another ship, the most likely candidate at the moment is AUTOSTAR which will arrive in Southampton on Tuesday.
Although the GLOVIS CLIPPER is scheduled to visit Southampton next Wednesday she will not have any Teslas onboard for the UK.

GLOVIS CORONA She will arrive at Pier 80 later today. Apparently she is due to depart around lunchtime tomorrow. My guess is she will head to Shanghai.

Thursday for me as well, 2pm in Stockport. The VIN is in my account, but no SMS messages, no phone calls and no licence plate, just 2 or 3 emails in total is the sum of all communication so far.

I'm Thursday Stockport PM too. Also not a single email or sms. Everything I got was through asking them directly via webchat (in which to be fair they were very helpful)

Reactions: Stuart1714