Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks Mr Miserable for the advice, I'll contact Tesla next week.. Do you think there is any chance they will start shipping from Pier 80 SFO to Rotterdam or another UK port?

No I don't think so.
To be honest I only discovered that S/X are still using their established route last week - I wrongly assumed they would come via Pier 80 like the Model 3.
The key element is Tilburg in Holland where they are reassembled - they have to go through there.

A good indication of how rough it is in the Channel at the moment is the number of vessels sheltering in the lee of the Cherbourg peninsula.
It looks like frog spawn!

View attachment 511493

Whimps. In my younger day, I would have been sailing off of Corbiere Lighthouse (Jersey, so west of Cherbourg peninsula) and not being able to see the tops of the masts of the other dinghies when in a trough. Fun but hard work. I bet health and safety wouldn't allow it these days.

Just checking the weather for Zeebrugge and it actually looks OK.
The wind direction means that the approaches are in the lee so the wave height should not be an issue.
Additionally, although the GLOVIS CHALLENGE is being buffetted with 40kt+ winds where it is, at the Zeebrugge breakwater it is 'only' 30 kts. (which is less than what is wrecking my fences at the moment)

Whimps. In my younger day, I would have been sailing off of Corbiere Lighthouse (Jersey, so west of Cherbourg peninsula) and not being able to see the tops of the masts of the other dinghies when in a trough. Fun but hard work. I bet health and safety wouldn't allow it these days.

You have to be careful with the tides there I seem to recall through poor planning as a youth!

Looks like they docking at 2am? On the 16th

Glovis Challenge, get home safe

Attachments

• 62C7F328-EEE1-4B26-B126-F95680747344.png
    62C7F328-EEE1-4B26-B126-F95680747344.png
    617.3 KB · Views: 53
Reactions: Boggle
I'm surprised you are up and about. Saturdays for me were generally a time of recovery following the excess's of the Friday brunch.
Y
Yes Friday brunch here is all about excess, with these prices I'm glad we are all inclusive..
My first visit too Dubai Mr M guess you are a frequent visitor, sure beats the UK weather, was hoping the icing on the cake would be my delivery date while we were here but in true Tesla form I'm still waiting.

Since placing my order on November 9th, 2019 and committing to a £110k spend, I have been appalled at the lack of communication received from Tesla, which includes zero response to at least 6 emails, dispatched to various different Tesla email addresses.

That is how it is though. Not sure the reason, but I suspect partly it is "because they can". Might be Growing Pains, or might be the saving that can be made doing the absolute minimum - such as keeping punters informed (although with half decent software its trivial of course ... but Tesla is infamous for the "significant gaps" in their half-decent-software, especially in their Back Office and mostly around customer-service).

I picked up my replacement MS in November and got included in a group doing the bog standard "Model-3 Powerpoint Presentation" which would be largely useless for a Newbie MS/MX owner. Back in the day ... the first one I had was the full "whip the sheet off and Handover Bloke spends an hour going through everything with you" ... I'd be the first to admit that was a very expensive process, compared to a group watching one Handover Bloke do PowerPoint ...

I was the only non-M3 pickup there at that time, so for MS / MX might be worth going somewhere more personal than the Heathrow Warehouse ...

the leap straight to a 100% EV it became obvious there was only one brand to commit to

Disappointing that the lack of competition is, you are spot on.

I'm ardent Tesla FanBoi ... but I am all for eating my hat, given my expectation (some years ago) of how the rest of the market would have shaped up by now; but the fact is that it has singularly failed to do so. Elon's Business Plan was to go bust in the process of moving Automotive Industry to Sustainable - once they got their act together and saw him off ... or so he had assumed would be the outcome. But what has actually happened is that the opposition keep doing the equivalent of your best mate handing you the ball one yard from the touchline!

This weeks news from the Opposition:

MG EV (a very nice little EV) found to be using the standard Bosch Cruise Control component off their ICE - which puts the friction brakes on to slow down instead of Regen.

And Audi eTron spinning up a "Oil Change required" notification at 6,000 miles ...

And of course there are a clutch of "EVs are the wrong solution to Climate Change" mantras from the laggards ... Toyota "self charging hybrid" adverts banned in Norway (others to follow?), CEOs falling over themselves to say "There isn't any demand" ... No Mate, not for your lousy imitation there isn't. VW (which is the only one looking promising) have pushed back their delivery date on ID by 12 months ...

You've definitely made the right decision, you will be thrilled with your car. Sorry about the wait and lousy service in the meantime ...

Now you've got rid of your Tesla shares I advise selling any other Automotive stock you might be holding, traditional Auto is heading for the wall.

Sorry, straying off topic ... the Miserable Shipping Service will now resume.

Correction: I've just read that VW have bought the date back forwards again, so shipments expected this Summer.

Last edited:
Wind reports have gone from Red to Purple for the Challenge, hopefully the captain and pilot didn’t order the seafood chowder last night.

Struggling with the sense that being out in it is safer than trying to dock (in terms of how I would feel), but these guys know what they are doing. Conditions nothing like some areas of ocean I’m sure.

So if I was told mid march delivery but have no vin, is the MORNING CARA the ship that might bring my delight? Or are vin matches done pretty quickly after leaving pier 80 (in which case is there any other ship that could make a mid march delivery likely)?

I've now seen where the port authorities in Zeebrugge intend to dock the AUTOPROGRESS and it doesn't look good - it's the wrong side of the docks to where the GLOVIS CHALLENGE is likely to dock, miles away. The Challenge looks like it is going to use the same dock that the Cosmos went to. This is a new facility for Tesla shipments which does not appear to have chargers yet.
Interestingly, the scheduled port time for the Challenge would tend to indicate that it is not a full unload here.
The Cosmos went to the UK but there is no indication of that happening with the Challenge. All I know is that the Challenge is due to load in Emden on 20th Feb. Could it be off to Norway?

Reactions: WannabeOwner
The AUTOPROGRESS remains the prime suspect when its planned Southampton movements are examined. It is scheduled to arrive off Nab Tower at 06:15 on Tue 18th bound for dock 25. BUT, around midday it is due to move from there to 105 which is precisely where I would expect to see a ship unloading Tesla cargo to park.

I’m guessing there’s no formula for figuring out when a car may arrive.

My dad and I both ordered a M3 end of Jan. Mine long range, no options. His Blue Performance white seats.

Has anyone else had a VIN number after ordering a car around the same time?

As we all know there’s prep to be done as this is my first EV. Wondering of the chances for a March delivery?