Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
According to the BBC, from the EU Commission chief...

She said EU citizens and long-term residents and their family members would be exempt, along with workers who commute across borders, those delivering goods and those involved in the fight against the coronavirus.

So I suppose should be okay. An issue potentially may be workers being available for the unloading and as required for dock movement (inc moving the ships) and subsequent transport both there and here. Will cars getting off the ship in Zeebrugge leave the storage area at the docks?

According to the BBC, from the EU Commission chief...

She said EU citizens and long-term residents and their family members would be exempt, along with workers who commute across borders, those delivering goods and those involved in the fight against the coronavirus.

So I suppose should be okay. An issue potentially may be workers being available for the unloading and as required for dock movement (inc moving the ships) and subsequent transport both there and here. Will cars getting off the ship in Zeebrugge leave the storage area at the docks?

It should be noted that she is the EU commission chief commenting on a proposal to state countries who the commission is worried have been making their own decisions in what is supposed to be a borderless region. Here in France, from midday tomorrow we are in forced lockdown for 15 days with a closed border - so no picking-up of cars!. So far, Belgium has not implemented any border control so there is no reason why shipping should not leave. In any event to date, all of the restrictions across Europe have been for public transport and not cargo. There's no chance for me for at least a month but still hope for Brits!

(Hope that's not too off-topic)

Last edited:
It is indeed! Due in to Southampton 13:00, an hour earlier than I said :)
GLOVIS CAPTAIN IS ON THE MOVE! (I’m working the night shift sorry)

Southampton arrival still shows a 20th date, I'm guessing it all depends on how quick unloading (and loading) is at that dock 104 has another roll on roll off booked for 05;30am on the 18th ( I'm guessing it might have to wait unfortunately - hope not though)

B26C25D2-94E3-45E9-B769-6E2191C45711.png Chugging away nicely

Reactions: Durzel