Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe they’re still dealing with cars from Asian King at Southampton!
There were a lot of Tesla laden transporters on the M3 and at Rownhams services yesterday, showing that they are still very much in the “clearing the dock parking area” phase. That may explain partly why the pressure is off Glovis Captain.
At least I still now have clarity on my M3P, despite much frustration and misinformation to the contrary, it missed all the ships and is resting in Fremont, waiting for the next wave of deliveries. As the Fremont factory is closed, I’ve little idea when it’ll actually arrive, but given it’s not my priority right now, it’s probably for the best. On the plus side, I’m assured I will be notified when it does get on a ship and I have the pleasure of ship tracking all over again!

Reactions: Roy W. and Harv3y
There were a lot of Tesla laden transporters on the M3 and at Rownhams services yesterday, showing that they are still very much in the “clearing the dock parking area” phase. That may explain partly why the pressure is off Glovis Captain.
At least I still now have clarity on my M3P, despite much frustration and misinformation to the contrary, it missed all the ships and is resting in Fremont, waiting for the next wave of deliveries. As the Fremont factory is closed, I’ve little idea when it’ll actually arrive, but given it’s not my priority right now, it’s probably for the best. On the plus side, I’m assured I will be notified when it does get on a ship and I have the pleasure of ship tracking all over again!
According to the news posts Fremont factory is not closed, workers have the option of not coming in if they feel sick or uncomfortable. Hopefully they’ll not lose too much production capacity!

If 6th April 2020 (or after) is when the car is delivered then you can go back to the 2019/20 year to use the Corp Tax benefit.
6th of April is the personal tax deadline, Corp tax will depend on Company end of year but the advice stays the same. Technically the rules state that you can only use the order date if you are irrevocably committed and obvi you can pull out of these orders for up to 7 days after delivery. You can still go back a year if the current year's profit does not cover the whole vehicle cost, just the timing of the allowance won't be so good - does anyone know a way to put it in last year straight away 'cos that would be very useful (assuming the return has not been done already)?

Just a recap of where we are:

GLOVIS CAPTAIN remains anchored off the Isle of Wight. She is not scheduled to enter Southampton until Sat evening. This is solely because the port is busy and the GLOVIS CAPTAIN has a specific requirement to unload in the Western Docks and then move to load in the Eastern Docks.

This is the last UK shipment of Model 3s for some time. According to Tesla, deliveries will recommence in June.
Tesla will want to deliver all the vehicles by 31 Mar.

Just a recap of where we are:

GLOVIS CAPTAIN remains anchored off the Isle of Wight. She is not scheduled to enter Southampton until Sat evening. This is solely because the port is busy and the GLOVIS CAPTAIN has a specific requirement to unload in the Western Docks and then move to load in the Eastern Docks.

This is the last UK shipment of Model 3s for some time. According to Tesla, deliveries will recommence in June.
Tesla will want to deliver all the vehicles by 31 Mar.
I would imagine that given June will also feature a quarter end, June deliveries are also going to be mental.

The strange thing now is that investors are probably expecting disruption to the Q1 figures because of everything going on - so it wouldn't be much of a surprise if their Q1 results announcement had some reference to coronavirus holding up deliveries (even if that's not the real reason...). Maybe that will result in some deliveries happening in April?!

I would be surprised if Q2 deliveries are as manic, simply because of what's going on. I would expect them to still be healthy, but there will be some who are reconsidering their purchases. Really depends on how quickly Governments around the world get to grips with this virus.. in theory Q2 will be well into the peak.

Reactions: bhav
GLOVIS CAPTAIN not anchored anymore?
upload_2020-3-18_11-23-32.png

NEPTUNE GALENE is due into dock 105 late afternoon - I'm guessing how quick this is turned around will reflect on the arrival time of the GLOVIS CAPTAIN as according to the arrivals, these are the only two currently linked to this dock.

I've just had a 2nd text saying that they still want to deliver to my home (weirdly, rather than me pick it up from Heathrow as originally planned). I had to text back based on whether I wanted Mon, Tues or Weds next week or to have an advisor call me.

Text also has my reg number in it, as did my previous one.