Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FIRST SHIP TO EU IN Q3 DEPARTS

GLOVIS SUN has finally departed Pier 80 enroute to Zeebrugge.
I estimate she will arrive in Zeebrugge on 5 August.
I also expect her to make a further stop in Southampton around 8 August.

For those wanting to track the GLOVIS SUN there are a number of websites and apps however few can match the coverage of marinetraffic.com. Whilst the ship is in range of land based AIS receivers (and some odd ship based ones) you will be able to track the vessels progress free of charge however once out of range you are reliant on satellite data which can be very expensive. You can do a free 7 day trial when the ship goes out of range. I expect the ship to go out of range once it is south of Cabo San Lucas and be in the dark until it is approaching the Panama Canal. It will of course be out of range for most of the Atlantic crossing.
In any case I will be monitoring the ship's position and will post on here a daily report on its progress.
A concern at this time of year is that the GLOVIS SUN will be crossing the Caribbean at the height of the hurricane season. At the moment the route looks clear but the weather is something that I will also be keeping a close eye on.
For those anxiously searching their account for a hidden VIN (If you don't know about this, there are many threads on this forum on the subject) I would suggest you limit yourself to checking during US West Coast working hours from tomorrow. Please announce your findings on another thread! Please.

For those wanting to track the GLOVIS SUN there are a number of websites and apps however few can match the coverage of marinetraffic.com. Whilst the ship is in range of land based AIS receivers (and some odd ship based ones) you will be able to track the vessels progress free of charge however once out of range you are reliant on satellite data which can be very expensive. You can do a free 7 day trial when the ship goes out of range. I expect the ship to go out of range once it is south of Cabo San Lucas and be in the dark until it is approaching the Panama Canal. It will of course be out of range for most of the Atlantic crossing.
In any case I will be monitoring the ship's position and will post on here a daily report on its progress.
A concern at this time of year is that the GLOVIS SUN will be crossing the Caribbean at the height of the hurricane season. At the moment the route looks clear but the weather is something that I will also be keeping a close eye on.
For those anxiously searching their account for a hidden VIN (If you don't know about this, there are many threads on this forum on the subject) I would suggest you limit yourself to checking during US West Coast working hours from tomorrow. Please announce your findings on another thread! Please.

Thankyou Mr M great news, for those chasing VIN matches, these will take place from 15th July at approximately 5pm (UK time) onwards. Sorry Mr M last mention of VIN numbers this thread is after all for Shipping!

Reactions: Gazmayo

The anxiety is very low with your information, trust me, you make us happy.

In the early morning gloom GLOVIS SUN makes her way towards the Golden Gate Bridge and the Pacific Ocean.

Screenshot 2020-07-14 at 13.13.40.png

The bright light is the open side door the harbour pilot will shortly leave the ship by.

Last edited:
The GLOVIS SUN is showing destination PAPAC? Is this some sort of code for the Panama canal? It has a 10 day eta but it's currently heading out into the pacific rather than along the coast.

it’s the international port code for the Panama Canal - first two characters are the country the remaining characters are the individual port code.

The GLOVIS SUN is showing destination PAPAC? Is this some sort of code for the Panama canal? It has a 10 day eta but it's currently heading out into the pacific rather than along the coast.
Have some faith.
What you can't see is that the GLOVIS SUN is correctly following a traffic separation scheme and is established in a fairly narrow one way lane.

Screenshot 2020-07-14 at 15.56.03.png

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Mark S and Neilio
There are quite a lot of mixed messages on searching for the VIN reference we are hunting for in the Source Code, I know how to get to the Source Code but not sure which specific reference we're after... one I saw mentioned to search for 5VJ but that seems obsolete now. I know don't want to flood this thread with VIN related stuff but if somebody could just tell me the search criteria or point to the one right thread please, I am struggling!

https://twitter.com/vedaprime/status/1283067018929778689?s=21

Please retweet this news. Its an exclusive before Fred gets it.

3 x Model Y have arrived in Auckland, New Zealand on ANL Warrnambool Monday night. The cars have left the port. This will likely be for winter testing. Could be the first sign of other market preparation. There is no indication of RHD and they are early

On board were of couple of older S and 3. I suspect there are other changes being tested.

• Informative
Reactions: ABCTG
There are quite a lot of mixed messages on searching for the VIN reference we are hunting for in the Source Code, I know how to get to the Source Code but not sure which specific reference we're after... one I saw mentioned to search for 5VJ but that seems obsolete now. I know don't want to flood this thread with VIN related stuff but if somebody could just tell me the search criteria or point to the one right thread please, I am struggling!
5YJ3 is for a Model 3

As I pointed out before the GLOVIS SUN departed, her ETA for the Canal entrance is 24 Jul which will mean a much slower journey than normal. She could easily arrive 24 hours earlier because at the moment she is just doing a leisurely 11.6 knots.
I assume this is because of the canal transit booking however looking at the booking system there is still a northbound neopanamax slot available on the 23 July with only one northbound ship booked so far. On the 24 July 3 ships are already booked and I assume the GLOVIS SUN is one of them. A little frustrating really.

Update: I've just done the maths, she could actually arrive on the 22 July!

Last edited:
As I pointed out before the GLOVIS SUN departed, her ETA for the Canal entrance is 24 Jul which will mean a much slower journey than normal. She could easily arrive 24 hours earlier because at the moment she is just doing a leisurely 11.6 knots.
I assume this is because of the canal transit booking however looking at the booking system there is still a northbound neopanamax slot available on the 23 July with only one northbound ship booked so far. On the 24 July 3 ships are already booked and I assume the GLOVIS SUN is one of them. A little frustrating really.

Mr M does this still put her into Southampton on the 8th August?

hopefully she’s only going slow to meet her arrival time at panama and speeds up for the Atlantic crossing :-/