Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I'm new to this group and am loving this thread. Ordered my Model X February 3rd 2020 and have not heard a word from Tesla so I am hoping it is on one of these ships. Mr M, you seem to have great knowledge of these shipping movements. I will keep an eye on the Glovis Sun!

Aaagh. I thought I was getting closer! Thank you so much for the explanation though, far more than I have had from Tesla!

This is a shipping thread so we mustn't sidetrack but how on earth can the car still be outstanding since Feb!

Hello!

I am new to this forum as well and have been following this thread for a few weeks now. Lots of useful information and some fun posts during the waiting period (Especially thanks to Mr. M!)

We ordered our model 3 at the end of June and spoke to a Tesla employee yesterday. He confirmed that a VIN was attached to our RN, even though the VIN was not visible in our Tesla account yet. He also mentioned that the Tesla was already on a ship which was confirmed by the SMS I received an hour ago.

The estimated delivery, according to the SMS, of our Tesla is between 10th and 14th of August in The Netherlands.

I didn't want to go too much off topic, but I thought this information might be useful for estimates and that the Glovis Sun is indeed heading towards Zeebrugge. (As mentioned by Mr. M already of course ;) ). I also saw a post that the first shipments to the EU might go to the countries that are the farthest away from the ports, but that doesn't seem to be the case with the Glovis Sun.

Hello!

I am new to this forum as well and have been following this thread for a few weeks now. Lots of useful information and some fun posts during the waiting period (Especially thanks to Mr. M!)

We ordered our model 3 at the end of June and spoke to a Tesla employee yesterday. He confirmed that a VIN was attached to our RN, even though the VIN was not visible in our Tesla account yet. He also mentioned that the Tesla was already on a ship which was confirmed by the SMS I received an hour ago.

The estimated delivery, according to the SMS, of our Tesla is between 10th and 14th of August in The Netherlands.

I didn't want to go too much off topic, but I thought this information might be useful for estimates and that the Glovis Sun is indeed heading towards Zeebrugge. (As mentioned by Mr. M already of course ;) ). I also saw a post that the first shipments to the EU might go to the countries that are the farthest away from the ports, but that doesn't seem to be the case with the Glovis Sun.

Can confirm the above. Delivery also between 10 and 14th of august @ koopman terminal in amsterdam. Model 3 LR AWD

The San Francisco Chronicle has confirmed that the GRAND DOLPHIN is leaving tomorrow, however it has listed it's destination as 'Port Unknown".
I'm glad I'm not paying the SF Marine Exchange for that bit of quality information. (Yes, they charge for that!)

Being slightly flippant here, but given that Tesla don’t know which cars are going to which customers when they build them, and owners don’t know when their car is coming, and Tesla UK sales don’t know which of their customers is going to get a car and when - it wouldn’t be a massive leap to find out Tesla US doesn’t know where their next shipment is heading to ....

Did you think almost certainly Far East for the DOLPHIN Mr M ?

Hello,

I’m also new here. I’m just reading the messages to see what to expect. During the Gathering of information I noticed that it’s also good to share information.
My Tesla Model 3 was ordered on the 18th of June. Today I received a text message, pick up between 10 and 14th August at Koopman Terminal Amsterdam. My Order was done by a Lease company. I still haven’t received a VIN of RN. The Text message is the first communication.

Reactions: Neilio
Being slightly flippant here, but given that Tesla don’t know which cars are going to which customers when they build them, and owners don’t know when their car is coming, and Tesla UK sales don’t know which of their customers is going to get a car and when - it wouldn’t be a massive leap to find out Tesla US doesn’t know where their next shipment is heading to ....

Did you think almost certainly Far East for the DOLPHIN Mr M ?

I reckon. We shall find out tomorrow evening (their time - about 2 am on Sunday morning for us!)
For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure Tesla have their finger on the pulse - it's a slick operation.

Reactions: Mark S
Hello,

I’m also new here. I’m just reading the messages to see what to expect. During the Gathering of information I noticed that it’s also good to share information.
My Tesla Model 3 was ordered on the 18th of June. Today I received a text message, pick up between 10 and 14th August at Koopman Terminal Amsterdam. My Order was done by a Lease company. I still haven’t received a VIN of RN. The Text message is the first communication.

That sounds good. Surprisingly the last lot of cars that were delivered to Koopman didn't go by ship as expected but by road from Zeebrugge.

GRID.jpg
COMPETITION TIME!

Just a bit of fun - no prizes, just the Mr Miserable Virtual Trophy.
All you have to do is use your skill and judgement to forecast where on the map you think the GLOVIS SUN will be at midday UTC on 31 July 20.
Enter here

Competition closes when GLOVIS SUN enters the Panama Canal.