Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,

thanks for all the great work in tracking! This thread is amazing.

I have a M3 arriving too - think it is on the grand dahlia. Was offered a 1st September collection from Dartford. I did some Googling at found the below. Is that of any use?

http://www.premiership.ltd.uk/downloads/WB_schedule_week_32.pdf

Thanks for posting that.
So where is GRAND DAHLIA between 15 Aug and 24 Aug?
I suppose there could be hope that it drops off its RHDs when it comes into Southampton on 29 Aug...

I did find it rather bizarre that many of us that have been told our cars are on GRAND DAHLIA have been given collection/delivery dates around 1st-4th September, even when we predicted she’d be unloading at Southampton a few days after arriving at Zeebrugge (as per other Tesla ships).

Perhaps this fits with the document Steve directed us to o_O

Maybe ZEE for LHD Central Europe, Bremerhaven for LHD (North) Northern Europe then back to SOU for zee wrong-side English ? Brexit-stylee ?

Same for GLOVIS CAPTAIN maybe ?
Not going to give them long to do their famously detailed and fastidious pre delivery checks if we are supposed to be picking them up on the first! But yeah I guess it gives them a couple of days to hit the M3 and parts beyond

I did find it rather bizarre that many of us that have been told our cars are on GRAND DAHLIA have been given collection/delivery dates around 1st-4th September, even when we predicted she’d be unloading at Southampton a few days after arriving at Zeebrugge (as per other Tesla ships).

Perhaps this fits with the document Steve directed us to o_O

Yes, this. It makes sense why deliveries are so delayed for Grand Dahlia if that doc is correct. With Glovis Captain deliveries starting 2nd/3rd Sept this would indicate perhaps the Glovis Captain will route to Southampton after Zeebrugge or they'll be cross loaded right away.

I called Tesla this morning and apparently my SR+ isn't assigned a ship at the moment but the guy said that that's probably because it's been unloaded in Belgium and waiting to be reloaded for a ship to Southampton. My VIN is 768*** and expected delivery is mid September. A month seems a long time for it to get here from Belgium but I guess there are checks etc and it's dependent on the ship timings . . . . .

GLOVIS CAPTAIN. If you recall I said schedules can and do change, well guess what? The schedule has changed. GLOVIS CAPTAIN is due in SOUTHAMPTON on 24 Aug to load for a trip to the Middle East. This means she could arrive on 23 Aug to unload which would fit rather nicely.
For those in Dubai, she arrives there on 14 Sep which conveniently is still in Q3 - that means she may have Teslas onboard.

This could also be the means those RHD cars that GRAND DAHLIA will deposit on the dock in Zeebrugge will get to Southampton.

• Helpful
Reactions: Lucanesque
Reactions: boater291
The ever dependable San Francisco Chronicle has the GLOVIS STELLA departing to 'Port Unknown". This stellar piece of information comes direct from the SF Marine Exchange who charge a fortune for supplying this sort of xxxx. RCC ASIA also departed to "Port Unknown". So there maybe more than one 'Port Unknown".

@Mr Miserable ’s latest update does tie in nicely to the apparent odd delivery dates schedule that folks have been seeing i.e. why such a gap from DAHLIA arrival to the cluster of bookings first few days of Sep.

When GLOVIS CAPTAIN appears on the AIS in 6-7 days time it will be welcome relief by the looks of it, could be between 3000 and 4000 UK vehicles including cross-load - the UK transporter companies and delivery teams are getting no sleep in September.

Reactions: Neilio