Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Tesla rep sent me a screen shot that shows my MX will be on Maersk Nijmegen but no date. Hopefully it is the August 22 boat.

I'm the same as you however the rep stressed that the ship could change (I'm assuming incase it misses the boat or isn't loaded in time). So I'm waiting on Vedaprimes data dump coming soon.

Interestingly the Maersk Nijmegen is skulking around the east coast of Norfolk for the last half a day before docking for a few hours then heading off to Antwerp then Rotterdam.

GRAND DAHLIA She continues to make excellent progress across the Atlantic. Her midday position is shown on the chart below. She is scheduled to arrive in Zeebrugge on Thursday. She is not appearing on the Southampton arrivals board. This board is very reliable and is kept constantly updated. The only conclusion is that she is not booked in to Southampton. This means any RHD cars will be unloaded in Zeebrugge and another ship will transport them to Southampton. Having said that, I can’t find any likely candidates for that trip at the moment.

GRAND DAHLIA Atlantic Progress.png

GLOVIS CAPTAIN. She has clearly been suffering from the heavy weather in the Caribbean and accordingly has made poor progress in the last 24 hours. She now appears to be clear of the weather and has sped up to make up for lost time. At midday she was doing 18.5 kts and will enter the Atlantic later today via the Caicos Passage. She should follow the same route across the Atlantic as GLOVIS SUN and GRAND DAHLIA. I have my doubts whether she will call at Southampton.

RCC ASIA. She departed Pier 80 earlier this morning and is now enroute to the Panama Canal. Her ETA of 18 Aug, ie in 7 days, means that she is planning on a very fast passage. I have brought forward my ETA for Zeebrugge to 31 Aug. It could come further left if she is able to get a canal transit late on the 18th. With the possibility that the two previous ships will not call at Southampton and reports of lots of RHD cars being produced by Fremont in the last couple of weeks it raises the possibility that RCC ASIA may make Southampton it’s first stop. September is a peak month for new car registrations in the UK because the ‘late 2020’ number plate (70 series) is issued then and demand for the Model 3 may warrant a full shipment.

GRAND PEARL To recap, this ship appears on the San Francisco Port schedule as arriving at Pier 80 this Friday. The trouble is she is due in Annacis Island Canada then. At the moment, she’s early and having to loiter off the Canadian coast. I wonder whether her run is going to be done by the GLOVIS STELLA instead, which is not mentioned in the port schedule.

GLOVIS STELLA will move from its nearby anchorage to alongside Pier 80 around this time tomorrow. I do not know its destination or when it will depart at the moment although I suspect it will be to the Far East.

• Informative
Reactions: Orbe
What does this mean for the UK bound cars on this ship?
According to the Zeebrugge port schedule, the GLOVIS CAPTAIN will arrive at 06:00 on 21 Aug and depart at 22:00 on 23 Aug. This length of stay would suggest a full unload. Added to that is the fact that she is scheduled to arrive at Bremerhaven on 25 Aug, it doesn't look as though she will call at Southampton. If that is the case, cars for the UK will be loaded on to another vessel bound for Southampton. Schedules can, and do, change though and so all is not lost. We just need to keep an eye on the Southampton board for a possible arrival on 23 Aug.

Reactions: Lucanesque
RCC ASIA COMPETITION

She's on her way - time to get those thinking hats on again.

All you have to do is decide which gridsquare RCC ASIA wil be in at midday UTC on 23 Aug 20.
It's free to enter and there is no prize, except the unbounded adulation of other forum members.
The rules are:
Only 1 entry per person
Only the 1st person to claim a gridsquare will own it. (so enter early!)
Mr Miserable will decide the closest entry and in the event of a tie will choose the earliest entry. (so enter early!)
The competition will close for entries once RCC ASIA enters the Panama Canal
It's just a bit of fun!

CLUE: The ship will be going from Panama (bottom left) to the English Channel (top right).

ENTER HERE

GRID.jpg

GLOVIS STELLA news.
It would appear that there isn't much to load onto the GLOVIS STELLA and she will depart about 24 hrs after arriving alongside. That means we should see her depart around Thursday lunchtime (UK time), almost certainly to the Far East (China, perhaps?)

Last edited:
For those waiting for an S or X, a whole load of inventory cars have suddenly appeared. The cupboard was bare yesterday, and they are all marked as "in transit". The source code reveals anticipated arrival date of 31st August, which ties in with the Maersk Safmarine Mafadi's due date at Rotterdam.

The source code reveals anticipated arrival date of 31st August,

The source code reveals anticipated arrival date of 31st August,?

Arriving where please?

I noticed they had been added to inventory, there is a an exact car on there with any spec.

I have already been matched and was told late September, I really want my car collection date to be after 23rd September (Battery day)
With these new inventory cars being added and your post about" arrival 31st August" has me a bit worried that my car may be amongst these showing in transit. Can you confirm what you mean arrival date of 31st August,?

I really hope they are not going to be here before 23rd September!

Thanks

The source code reveals anticipated arrival date of 31st August,?

Arriving where please?

I noticed they had been added to inventory, there is a an exact car on there with any spec.

I have already been matched and was told late September, I really want my car collection date to be after 23rd September (Battery day)
With these new inventory cars being added and your post about" arrival 31st August" has me a bit worried that my car may be amongst these showing in transit. Can you confirm what you mean arrival date of 31st August,?

I really hope they are not going to be here before 23rd September!

Thanks
What difference will it make if is delivered before battery day? If it's delivered a day after battery day, it will still have been built weeks before. Am I missing something?

Can you confirm what you mean arrival date of 31st August,?

It’s the scheduled arrival date of the ship into Rotterdam. Add a good couple of weeks onto this for potential collection dates.

What difference will it make if is delivered before battery day? If it's delivered a day after battery day, it will still have been built weeks before. Am I missing something?

If Battery Day announces something spectacular if you haven’t taken delivery you could cancel the order and start again.

This could either be much improved battery tech or a refresh of the S/X - or both. Or it could be a big fanfare for not much in the immediate term!

GRAND DAHLIA She continues to make excellent progress across the Atlantic. Her midday position is shown on the chart below. She is scheduled to arrive in Zeebrugge on Thursday. She is not appearing on the Southampton arrivals board. This board is very reliable and is kept constantly updated. The only conclusion is that she is not booked in to Southampton.

Is there any indication she will continue to Norway? Any other indications of boats coming this way?