Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm a little frustrated that I can't find anything on DONINGTON's future movements. Added to that is that the SF port schedule shows her arriving on Wednesday and departing on Thursday which for a ship of her size is not long enough to load completely. I would expect her to take 4 days to load. Now I don't pay much attention to the published departure date normally but in this case RCC ANTWERP is definitely scheduled to load on the Friday and so DONINGTON cannot fully load.
It just makes me think that DONINGTON is not heading for EU.

So I just phoned Tesla and the guy didn't give much away at all apart from the vessel is due beginning of November and delivery will be mid to end of November.

Unless the GRAND DOLPHIN or TRITON ACE are supercharged and able to cross the Atlantic is record time, and unless the DONINGTON can be loaded in record time, that suggests maybe the RCC ANTWERP will be the one.

So I just phoned Tesla and the guy didn't give much away at all apart from the vessel is due beginning of November and delivery will be mid to end of November.

Unless the GRAND DOLPHIN or TRITON ACE are supercharged and able to cross the Atlantic is record time, and unless the DONINGTON can be loaded in record time, that suggests maybe the RCC ANTWERP will be the one.
I have RCC ANTWERP pencilled in for Southampton around 10 Nov

Reactions: Runescom

Did you have already a VIN assigned?

Tesla told me before that I'd matched to a vehicle so I guess I have but I didn't ask them for the details. It's also a lease vehicle so I only get told so much!
Call them Back again, most likely you'll get a more helpful person, ask them for the VIN number, also if they can indentify which ship it is on.. if you can get that information you'll make Mr Miserable's day :)

I have a M3 LR ordered through our companies car broker (using the lease company ALD I believe). Order placed in the last couple of weeks of last month. Just called Tesla to see if a vehicle has been allocated and they said no and to expect delivery mid/late November.

Just emailed our broker and they have given me the VIN, unfortunately its an L as the 10th digit which I think means its unlikely to have the recent refresh changes. Bit gutted as would have liked the chrome delete :(

I have an M3 LR ordered on a lease that I've been vaguely told will be arriving in November. I've just come across this forum and it seems as though Mr Miserable's information also points to a 10th November arrival.

Any ideas when accounts would usually be updated with VIN numbers based on this November arrival? Is it during the ship loading process?

I have an M3 LR ordered on a lease that I've been vaguely told will be arriving in November. I've just come across this forum and it seems as though Mr Miserable's information also points to a 10th November arrival.

Any ideas when accounts would usually be updated with VIN numbers based on this November arrival? Is it during the ship loading process?
You need to search for a thread on how to find your hidden VIN. Usually VINS are allocated after a ship has departed - so not yet.

EDIT: As a lease customer however, I'm not sure a VIN will appear on your account nowadays - Tesla have tinkered a lot with lease accounts. Call your lease company and ask for the RN (reservation number). This does two things 1. It shows that the lease company have actually ordered your car - sometimes they like to sit on orders to consolidate their buying power. 2. It gives you a way in to Tesla to talk about your order.

Last edited:

I'm a lease customer and there is nothing in my Tesla account so far. As Mr Miserable said the lease company were able to give me my RN though.

I just spoke to Tesla again and it turns out I was allocated a vehicle (which is why the lease company had a VIN) but that has since been damaged so it has been unallocated and they are waiting to allocate me a new one. They did say that delivery would likely be late November. The Tesla people I have spoken to so far have all been super helpful.

You need to search for a thread on how to find your hidden VIN. Usually VINS are allocated after a ship has departed - so not yet.

EDIT: As a lease customer however, I'm not sure a VIN will appear on your account nowadays - Tesla have tinkered a lot with lease accounts. Call your lease company and ask for the RN (reservation number). This does two things 1. It shows that the lease company have actually ordered your car - sometimes they like to sit on orders to consolidate their buying power. 2. It gives you a way in to Tesla to talk about your order.

So very simply, suits my demeanour, no RN = no order has yet been placed?

Just got a message back from my broker saying that Tesla haven’t allocated a reservation number as yet. I ordered on the 25th September. I’ll not push them with the hope that I’ll sneak a refreshed model in :)

I have noticed the lease price is circa 15% more than I’ve signed up to though, so they may ask for more money if it’s a 2021 and not the 2020 I’ve ordered!

Reactions: Mr Miserable
She's only alongside for 12 hours - think that's enough?
I can see that she is due into Zeebrugge at the end of the month.
The only other thing going for her is the fact that she isn't showing on the WW schedule at the moment although she has been on the route.
I'll see if our train man has any news....

UPDATE: Found her schedule - she's heading to Bremerhaven before Zeebrugge.
She's not ringing any alarm bells with me at the moment.....
Fair, fair. Thanks for the feedback and indirect advice.

Is it fair to assume that all M3’s that are due to be shipped, will be the refreshed versions?
My thinking behind this is that M3’s are in such demand that all “older” versions would surely already be with owners rather than sitting in car parks waiting to board ships.

First of all, wow. This forum has a wealth of knowledge. A sincere thank you to everyone who's taken the time to add such detailed information.

Mr Miserable, do you have a Patreon account, perchance? I would happily contribute.

I'm looking at placing an order for a Tesla Model 3 LR this Friday as my next company car. Is it possible to determine whether I'll receive the updated model or the existing model? I note from a few commentators on Twitter that the new model has been spotted being shipped out of Fremont. Is it fair to assume that the factory is now only churning out the new models?

I'm a bit dismayed that a couple of people who ordered in August won't receive their cars until end of November/early December. If I order on Friday, am I looking at a January delivery date?

Reactions: Roy W.
First of all, wow. This forum has a wealth of knowledge. A sincere thank you to everyone who's taken the time to add such detailed information.

Mr Miserable, do you have a Patreon account, perchance? I would happily contribute.

I'm looking at placing an order for a Tesla Model 3 LR this Friday as my next company car. Is it possible to determine whether I'll receive the updated model or the existing model? I note from a few commentators on Twitter that the new model has been spotted being shipped out of Fremont. Is it fair to assume that the factory is now only churning out the new models?

I'm a bit dismayed that a couple of people who ordered in August won't receive their cars until end of November/early December. If I order on Friday, am I looking at a January delivery date?

Thankyou (boiling water?)
I would guess that if you ordered now you would probably receive the updated model however you could always pop in to one of the Tesla showrooms and get advice from the folk there. The next shipment will arrive around 10 November and we generally receive a shipment every 10 days or so until mid December. There will have to be a huge push in Nov/Dec if Elon is to make his target for Q4 and so I should think you have every chance of receiving your car by Xmas. There will be next to no deliveries in January.

• Informative
Reactions: Roy W. and Arran