Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Shanghai
I've found a couple of ships which are scheduled Shanghai direct to Zeebrugge, TOSCANA (25 Oct - 24 Nov) and TANNHAUSER (3 Nov - 3 Dec). They both have a couple of days before departure to load. These are not GLOVIS ships (which Tesla use for Pier 80 shipments) and so are outsiders to be honest but nevertheless worth noting.

• Helpful
Reactions: ABCTG
The RCC ANTWERP is going to arrive in Benicia (other side of the SF Bay to Pier 80) tomorrow night.
Normally I would then expect the ship to move alongside Pier 80 the following evening in readiness to load the next day which would be Thursday. However, the SF port schedule is not showing her arriving until Friday.
In the meantime, DONINGTON is supposed to turn up. She was delayed arriving into Portland and I wonder whether DONINGTON will now load after RCC ANTWERP.
Anyway, I think the SF port schedule, although only just published, cannot be relied upon.

Pier 80.

Plans are up in the air at the moment.
As it stands RCC ANTWERP will not arrive alongside this week.
The plan is to wait for DONINGTON, which is running late.
Under this plan both ships will end up running late and so it has attracted some criticism from some quarters.
The alternative will delay DONINGTON even further.
Oh, to be a fly on the wall....

Reactions: Roy W.
I just called Tesla with my RN number to see if they can shed any light on, anything.

Nothing new or exiting to report; ordered 18th Sept and no car has been assigned to me yet, delivery will be mid-late November.
As for the "refresh M3's" Tesla said they have not officially been launched and are only rumours at the moment!

Maybe they are prototypes / test vehicles we have all seen the pictures of? No straight answers yet...

Interesting looking back on posts around October last year. Looks people generally started to receive their VIN around 21st Oct onwards and the first ship of the quarter was the Grand Dahlia which arrived at Southampton on 28th October 2019 with deliveries a few days later. It will be interesting to see how it compares this year. Also interesting that a load of new inventory cars started to show up around mid October with a lot of customers wanting to switch to them thinking they might get these faster.

More Uk-bound Ships?

Interesting looking back on posts around October last year. Looks people generally started to receive their VIN around 21st Oct onwards and the first ship of the quarter was the Grand Dahlia which arrived at Southampton on 28th October 2019 with deliveries a few days later. It will be interesting to see how it compares this year. Also interesting that a load of new inventory cars started to show up around mid October with a lot of customers wanting to switch to them thinking they might get these faster.

More Uk-bound Ships?
A lot has changed in the past year and I don't believe you can draw any parallels. We will have no ships arriving in October for a start. This quarter is very different to any before and yet the delivery targets are larger than ever before. It's going to be a crazy December...

Maybe focussing on US sales if they are buoyant enough ? Could be logistically easier to achieve the 180K without ships.
Was thinking the same.

The orders and deliveries thread seems a lot quieter this first month of the quarter compared to the previous 3 quarters.

Maybe there just aren't as many on order for Europe this quarter hence not so many ships required?

Was thinking the same.

The orders and deliveries thread seems a lot quieter this first month of the quarter compared to the previous 3 quarters.

Maybe there just aren't as many on order for Europe this quarter hence not so many ships required?

I was doing my weekly trawl the other weekend and noted that there is a definite downturn in the RoRo business at the moment and in the next couple of months.
There are some bright spots eg Mexico but overall it's a lot quieter than normal, with some ships already laid up, it's not a good sign.

Pier 80 news.
It has been decided than RCC ANTWERP must not be delayed and she will start loading as planned on Friday.
The plan is that once she has finished at Benicia she will anchor in the Bay leaving the Pier vacant for as long as possible.
This leaves Pier 80 free until 08:00 Friday for DONINGTON, which at present is still alongside in Portland.

• Informative
Reactions: Roy W. and Runescom
Pier 80 news.
It has been decided than RCC ANTWERP must not be delayed and she will start loading as planned on Friday.
The plan is that once she has finished at Benicia she will anchor in the Bay leaving the Pier vacant for as long as possible.
This leaves Pier 80 free until 08:00 Friday for DONINGTON, which at present is still alongside in Portland.

That's realy good news, so hopefully half november in Zeebrugge.

DONINGTON remains tied to the pier in Portland. She won't make it to Pier 80 before RCC ANTWERP moves alongside on Friday morning.
I'm not sure how long RCC ANTWERP will take to load - I would expect about 3 days at least. The earliest I would anticipate her departure would be Sunday night. The next ship to arrive is GRAND DOLPHIN on Friday 23rd and so there is gap next week for DONINGTON, if she is still coming....