Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Batteries started getting higher charging rate at revision G. If your battery is not G revised version then you won't get faster charging rate, or at least that is my understanding
well my Jan 2020 is an Rev F......I went to charge 3 days ago and went to the Irvine charger...It is a 72kW......there were 4 cars there and no one on either side.....I could only get 56kW.....change to another spot and got 55kW......at the one in Santa Ana which is 15okW, I started at 145kW and after 5 min it went to 76kW....what is going on

I am supposed to get mine next Saturday. Would you mind sharing what the defects were so I can keep a look out?

what happens if you refuse delivery? Do they find you another car quickly or do you have to start All over with an order and a build?

See for yourself... I would not have rejected delivery for a subset of these, but the whole accumulation scared me off (and I was so eager to drive it before inspecting it!...)

1. The whole front bumper was not correctly assembled.
2. Rocker panels not aligned on front; they aligned fine on the back - rocker panel not long enough?
3. Loose undercoats of the wheel wells (a plastic nut even fell from one of them), the cover of the trunk well also didn't fit (could not put it in place!).
4. Hood plastic not assembled (didn't try to put it in place, but maybe easy fix).
5. Taillights... omg where do I start... Excessive glue, dirt behind the taillight, left black cover not mounted properly (right one was OK), I almost could cut my finger with the exposed metal...
6. Interior was dirty (and they told me the car had just left the detailer)
7. Door seals were loose, you could almost take them off easily with a simple pinch.
8. And finally the overall quality of materials is much poorer than what I expected compared to my friend's 2017 Model S (pre-Raven), like the seats feel plastic instead of being leather; I guess I now know firsthand where the cut in prices comes from.

IMG_4159.jpg
IMG_4161.jpg
IMG_4162.jpg
IMG_4163.jpg
IMG_4164.jpg
IMG_4165.jpg
IMG_4166.jpg
IMG_4167.jpg
IMG_4168.jpg
IMG_4170.jpg

8. And finally the overall quality of materials is much poorer than what I expected compared to my friend's 2017 Model S (pre-Raven), like the seats feel plastic instead of being leather; I guess I now know firsthand where the cut in prices comes from.
Are you sure you friend has leather? Tesla hasn't had leather seats since 2016.

I ordered a 2016 S90D with grey leather interior. The premium white interior was announced shortly after I gave the OK to put my order into production and I missed out on getting the premium white interior on that car by a week.

I guess they could've had other colors of leather available after 2016...but grey went away in late 2016.

See for yourself... I would not have rejected delivery for a subset of these, but the whole accumulation scared me off (and I was so eager to drive it before inspecting it!...)

2. Rocker panels not aligned on front; they aligned fine on the back - rocker panel not long enough?
3. Loose undercoats of the wheel wells (a plastic nut even fell from one of them), the cover of the trunk well also didn't fit (could not put it in place!).
4. Hood plastic not assembled (didn't try to put it in place, but maybe easy fix).
5. Taillights... omg where do I start... Excessive glue, dirt behind the taillight, left black cover not mounted properly (right one was OK), I almost could cut my finger with the exposed metal...
7. Door seals were loose, you could almost take them off easily with a simple pinch.

View attachment 600059 View attachment 600060 View attachment 600061 View attachment 600062 View attachment 600063 View attachment 600064 View attachment 600065 View attachment 600066 View attachment 600067 View attachment 600068

I'm sorry, but was that Model S wrecked on the way to, or on the way back from, the detailer?

Just kidding, but, wow, what a friggin' mess.

I'm a LONG-TERM shareholder, and I too would have rejected that car. Simply unacceptable customer service.

ELON: GET ON THIS. It's reached the point that we're all getting embarrassed by crap like this being shipped from Fremont. The Model S has been in production for how long now? DIAL IT IN, or fire those that won't/can't be trained to fix this problem.

Thanks.

I’m a little confused here. Why has the MS LR+ not received a range bump but the MS Perf did? I assume the range bump is due to the H pack similar to the X.

Are you sure you friend has leather? Tesla hasn't had leather seats since 2016.

I ordered a 2016 S90D with grey leather interior. The premium white interior was announced shortly after I gave the OK to put my order into production and I missed out on getting the premium white interior on that car by a week.

I guess they could've had other colors of leather available after 2016...but grey went away in late 2016.

My June 2017 MX has real leather in black.

View attachment 600059 View attachment 600060 View attachment 600061 View attachment 600062 View attachment 600063 View attachment 600064 View attachment 600065 View attachment 600066 View attachment 600067 View attachment 600068

I have three letters for you..........OMG!