Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Mr Miserable thank you for your ongoing input which is fantastic.

Given the number of Ships in motion and the predictions at the moment, is there any prospect to be optimistic for further UK bound MY heavy Ships for EDDs September/early October. The reason for the question is that, MY early April baseline spec order via Tesla is not showing any signs of VIN yet but the EDD window is still a month in September.

Sunday 31 Jul 22

I'm back but haven't quite got my feet back under the desk - lots to catch up on and so this is just a brief sitrep on known Tesla ships at sea.

Click this link to see where the Tesla ships are currently located Tesla Ship Tracker

MORNING CHORUS ETA Southampton 15 Aug with 1,000 - 1,500 cars and ETA 18 Aug Zebrugge with 1,999 M3 and 950 MY.

GLOVIS SUMMIT I believe she is heading for Koper with 3,026 M3 and 853 MY. ETA 12 Aug.

TITUS Not a Tesla charter but believed to carrying some Teslas to the UK. ETA Southampton 21 Aug.

HOEGH ST PETERSBURG is carrying 2000 MY to Zeebrugge. If you are on the continent (or possibly Ireland) and are waiting for a MY, when you discover your source code VIN enter it HERE. Do let me know if it was succesful, also let me know the 1st 3 digits of your VIN too please. ETA Zeebrugge 28 Aug. Please note that if you are in the UK your search will be unsuccessful because your car will not be onboard this ship!

I note that SWALLOW ACE has departed to Singapore. She will go on my watch list as a matter of course but I'm not getting a tingling sensation from her. (Nobody said this Tesla ship tracking malarky was a science!). I expect to see a departure to EU very soon (it should be RCC CLASSIC) and also one to the UK too perhaps late this week, but I don't think SWALLOW ACE is the chosen one.

For the record GLOVIS SUN departed San Francisco on Friday bound for Taiwan. I'm not expecting any further shipments from Pier 80 this quarter.

Don't forget to enter the MORNING CHORUS competition!. Click HERE to enter. It's free to enter and just a bit of fun!

Links of interest
I’ve missed you, glad you’re back.

Reactions: Toppyawe
@Mr Miserable thank you for your ongoing input which is fantastic.

Given the number of Ships in motion and the predictions at the moment, is there any prospect to be optimistic for further UK bound MY heavy Ships for EDDs September/early October. The reason for the question is that, MY early April baseline spec order via Tesla is not showing any signs of VIN yet but the EDD window is still a month in September.
@Mr Miserable totally agree with @Benotomy - thank you.

I am also asking the same question. Being a company car(ish) customer I ask the transport team to chase my order for the same spec and order date and this was the answer from our Tesla contact: -

it is most likely to be November but I have asked if there is a chance for September please could they try.
It's as I explained earlier about the catching up this quarter with the cars that should have been delivered in Q2 but we only received 5000 cars instead of 12.000
So its had a knock on effect on Q3 deliveries.

In your opinion does the amount of possible ships back this up?

TIA

Last edited:
Reactions: Benotomy
Just spoken to Tesla via chat as I have a EDD of August 10 to September 24 for last 3 to 4 months but still haven't got a VIN. They have said they have only just started to match VINs for this time frame. When should i start panicking that this EDD will get pushed back. M3RWD from England
Same here. Worth the wait. Sold my last car back in January and been banking the monthly so really don't mind if its now November for delivery as I'm paying so little for the Tesla compared to the present monthly and already have the deposit for the next car. Thanks Tesla. lol

I just got a message from my leasing company (octopus EV) saying that the delivery date for my MY RHD (May order) got pushed back by 3 months from end of September to beginning of Jan 2023. This is due to the ship carrying the Teslas from Shanghai to Southampton encountering faults and having to return to Shanghai.

While I'm still in a phase of denial, there are a few things which puzzle me about this:
- I'd have assumed that this forum thread would have discussed the faulty ship, but I couldn't find any mention of it... (maybe I missed it)
- I'm also surprised that the Tesla would have already started its sea journey given the ships we are watching right now are for August delivery
- If I'm not mistaken, it doesn't take a full 3 months to ship goods from Shanghai...

Probably all just my phase of denial, hoping the information I just got not to be correct........

I just got a message from my leasing company (octopus EV) saying that the delivery date for my MY RHD (May order) got pushed back by 3 months from end of September to beginning of Jan 2023. This is due to the ship carrying the Teslas from Shanghai to Southampton encountering faults and having to return to Shanghai.

While I'm still in a phase of denial, there are a few things which puzzle me about this:
- I'd have assumed that this forum thread would have discussed the faulty ship, but I couldn't find any mention of it... (maybe I missed it)
- I'm also surprised that the Tesla would have already started its sea journey given the ships we are watching right now are for August delivery
- If I'm not mistaken, it doesn't take a full 3 months to ship goods from Shanghai...

Probably all just my phase of denial, hoping the information I just got not to be correct........

🤔 None of what you've been told makes much sense to me either. Could be wrong of course. But something doesn't feel right.

Reactions: JOL1

This certainly has an aroma of 🐙💩 about it…

Last edited:

Well my MYLR (april order) had a EDD of 16-30 Sept. for about a week and has changed to "TBD" since yesterday. Mailed Tesla and they had no explanation... I do note that mine is a LHD and bound for Antwerp Belgium.

Reactions: Toblerone

There was a ship with technical issues in Q2, but that just resulted in some cars being delivered in July.
Sounds like they could be taking this information as reasoning for delays now.

Reactions: QuanTim

September I would have thought as unlikely as they are still trying to fulfil March & April orders!!

Status
Not open for further replies.