Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023.6.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got the update this morning. It feels like they may have finagled with the steering? It feels different to before. I can’t quite put my finger on it, but it’s like it’s marginally more responsive. Obviously, I know it’s not as it’s physically connected, but they may have tweaked the resistance on the standard setting I use and made the steering lighter?

Something I haven't seen before is warming up.
20230323_145925.jpg

Got the update this morning. It feels like they may have finagled with the steering? It feels different to before. I can’t quite put my finger on it, but it’s like it’s marginally more responsive. Obviously, I know it’s not as it’s physically connected, but they may have tweaked the resistance on the standard setting I use and made the steering lighter?

The strength of the power steering modes were definitely changed in an earlier software update so it's certainly possible*. This version has also fixed some specific steering issues that some cars were reportedly experiencing so this also suggests it could have changed response.

*When I first had the car I would put power steering to standard (middle out of three) but the level of assistance changed and I swapped to the most resistant setting ("sport"?). I haven't yet driven the car on this latest version.

The update fixed an issue a bunch of us had with a steering problem we got from update 2023.2. They have played with steering rack firmware's in the update, its plausible it could be different.

Updated mine last night, anyone had any issues with the car alarm going off? Mines just gone off for no reason. Haven’t driven it for a few days, so I’ll be surprised if there’s a fly in there.
Strangely enough, I have just had the opposite! Having not had an alarm in 18 months when parked at home mine went off on Tuesday evening for no reason. However I only updated to the new software this morning.

Last edited:
Updated mine last night, anyone had any issues with the car alarm going off? Mines just gone off for no reason. Haven’t driven it for a few days, so I’ll be surprised if there’s a fly in there.
Me and a bit more. Summary:
  • Around 1.30am car alarm goes off. No notifcation on app of this but have one for software upgrade
  • Every 10/15 mins or so horn kept honking two honks with 2nd one shortest
  • Installed software update
  • Tried to suss out what was happening and phoned Tesla support around 2.30 am. The bloke couldn't suggest anything useful and proposed putting it into dog mode
  • Same thing was happening in dog mode
  • Around 2.50 - Made room in garage to put car in to keep from waking neighbours and have been awake ever since
Horrible night. It’s 3 months old! Does anyone know what is going on here?

Was it this?

That’s Tesla applying for FCC RF certification is it not? Nothing to do with patent or approval for their own part? It would be needed for any RF device being added to the car, whether or not it was a Tesla or third party, ie Phoenix manufactured part.