Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In anticipation of this year’s holiday update (if one is even confirmed 😂), what’s on your wishlist?

I’ll start, I’d love to see:
- Tesla Vision Improvements to Model X auto opening doors
- Separate Audio for rear display on refreshed X/S (I suspect that will come soon enough given the feature is now on the Model 3 Highland)
- Instrument Panel customization (energy, music) for refreshed X/S. I’d be happy just getting back the customization that was removed, but if we’re adding things…light mode for daytime similar to the main screen, view side repeater cameras (similar to the Hyundai feature)
- Performance Boost (let the Long Range get off the line a little faster, let me worry about the tires)
- Native Tesla iWatch App
- MyQ voice command for opening/closing garage
- Driver initiated lane change standard on autopilot. I can see auto lane change to pass slower cars being an EAP/FSD feature, but many legacy manufacturers (BMW, Mercedes) offer lane change already with their base driver assistance packages
- Waze-like object on road, speed trap warnings from the community

Last edited:
In anticipation of this year’s holiday update (if one is even confirmed 😂), what’s on your wishlist?

I’ll start, I’d love to see:
- Tesla Vision Improvements to Model X auto opening doors
- Separate Audio for rear display on refreshed X/S (I suspect that will come soon enough given the feature is now on the Model 3 Highland)
- Instrument Panel customization (energy, music) for refreshed X/S. I’d be happy just getting back the customization that was removed, but if we’re adding things…light mode for daytime similar to the main screen, view side repeater cameras (similar to the Hyundai feature)
- Performance Boost (let the Long Range get off the line a little faster, let me worry about the tires)
- Native Tesla iWatch App
- MyQ voice command for opening/closing garage
- Driver initiated lane change standard on autopilot. I can see auto lane change to pass slower cars being an EAP/FSD feature, but many legacy manufacturers (BMW, Mercedes) offer lane change already with their base driver assistance packages
The things on my wish-list are:
-Don't put anything else I use regularly in a sub-menu (or disabled completely).
-Don't eff up the UI any more than it already is since V11.
-Don't disable the USS.
-Give everybody a dumb cruise control option, and don't you dare 'upgrade' me to AP/TACC as a "Christmas present". I love my 'dumb' cruise unicorn 3.
-Give me back a smaller left-hand UI panel with a far smaller car visualization and bigger map. Or better yet, let me totally hide the car visualization completely except when parking.
-Give me the option back to always show Supercharger icons on the map at any zoom level (not just when in the "charging" selection).

Yes! And a map that's aware of temporarily closed roads, too. For that matter, navigation that is up to date with road changes that show in the map and have been in place for months...

TACC that brakes a little earlier and easier, and accelerates harder, and doesn't flip out when traffic crosses way in front of you...

Make the car smarter about detecting whose phone key should be in control

Alternate routes in nav

Nav options for "least traffic" and "least battery use"

Display "charge to" value for supercharger stops

Desired SoC at destination

Get rid of the debounce on turn signals (if you press the stalk too fast it doesn't register)

I have very low expectations but would welcome :

- Birds Eye view (as Elon promised in 2019)
- AI powered voice commands (Grok? but probably much later in 2024-5....)
- App notifications on phone when Sentry mode is triggered
- CarPlay (...)
I second the idea of an Apple Watch app as well & CarKey integration to get a virtual Tesla Keycard in Wallet (for Watch & Power Reserve mode)

Realistically, though, what we'll get is two new fart sounds and a native X app to look at tweets when parked... great.....