Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are their base driver assistance packages free on all of their vehicles?

Not for BMW…my 2021 had Driver Assistance Professional that was a $2000 option. It included Traffic Jam Assist (hands free driving up to 40mph on highways), and the lane change feature above 40mph. The lane keep/stop and go cruise control was pretty accurate, but not as good as autopilot.

I think on the new 2024 BMW models, the hands free capability is now up to 85 mph. I’m not as familiar with the MB offering/cost.

EAP is overpriced, especially given features like smart summon aren’t available on HW4.

Reactions: ShankD and MP3Mike
In anticipation of this year’s holiday update (if one is even confirmed 😂), what’s on your wishlist?

I’ll start, I’d love to see:
- Tesla Vision Improvements to Model X auto opening doors
- Separate Audio for rear display on refreshed X/S (I suspect that will come soon enough given the feature is now on the Model 3 Highland)
- Instrument Panel customization (energy, music) for refreshed X/S. I’d be happy just getting back the customization that was removed, but if we’re adding things…light mode for daytime similar to the main screen, view side repeater cameras (similar to the Hyundai feature)
- Performance Boost (let the Long Range get off the line a little faster, let me worry about the tires)
- Native Tesla iWatch App
- MyQ voice command for opening/closing garage
- Driver initiated lane change standard on autopilot. I can see auto lane change to pass slower cars being an EAP/FSD feature, but many legacy manufacturers (BMW, Mercedes) offer lane change already with their base driver assistance packages
- Waze-like object on road, speed trap warnings from the community
The ability to put wipers in service mode from the app. This is helpful for those in wintry climates where it might start snowing during the middle of the day.

- Apple Podcasts
I also want this. It's the only thing I would realistically use if Tesla had CarPlay since I'm not a Waze user.

Other than that, the only thing I could think of is a perhaps a new lightshow and more vehicle information display such as battery temp, consumption data in miles/kWh, etc. I feel like the software is pretty maxed out for the hardware it has. Will be interesting to see if there is a holiday update this year.

EDIT: It would be nice if the matrix headlight capability is activated, but I'm not holding my breath on that ever happening.

I really want ABRP type options for navigation. My LR battery usually outlasts my bladder and desire for coffee so I typically like to do more but shorter stops on road trips.

Also being able to set what charge you want to arrive at a location would be awesome. Right now the default nav is annoying since it is ok dropping you off somewhere at 5 percent.

But yeah a nav overhaul would be awesome.

-Apple Watch app and CarKey integration (would love to be able to lock the car with a tap on the B pillar without having to open the app)

-basic Autopilot autosteer should auto resume after a lane change

-auto wipers that actually work with sensitivity control

-add the Tesla Vision side park assist/curb detection lines to cars with USS

-customizable lock/unlock sounds via PWS instead of that wimpy horn chirp

-app store and/or more third party apps (eg Pandora, iheartradio, SiriusXM)

-functional matrix LED/adaptive driving beam

-cornering lights via fog lamp

-customizable warmer/cooler setting for auto seat heating and auto steering wheel heating. Current auto setting is not warm enough and turns them off sooner than I’d like

-small UI/UX fixes like
—next/back button on the radio screen should skip between radio presets like the steering wheel button does instead of skipping to the next radio station
—searching for a new destination in the nav when a route is active should ask if you want to add stop or replace current destination instead of just replacing current destination

I think that might be a regulatory issue in the US.
The NHTSA first proposed a change to this rule in 2018, and new regulations allowing adaptive/matrix headlights were ultimately included in the infrastructure bill signed into law by President Biden in November 2021.
Adaptive headlights have been available in other markets for years, including on some cars also sold in the U.S., such as the Mercedes-Benz S-Class, Audi A8, and Audi E-Tron. The NHTSA's ruling means the technology can finally be enabled on these vehicles and others in the U.S.

• Informative
Reactions: father_of_6
-Apple Watch app and CarKey integration (would love to be able to lock the car with a tap on the B pillar without having to open the app)

-basic Autopilot autosteer should auto resume after a lane change

-auto wipers that actually work with sensitivity control

-add the Tesla Vision side park assist/curb detection lines to cars with USS

-customizable lock/unlock sounds via PWS instead of that wimpy horn chirp

-app store and/or more third party apps (eg Pandora, iheartradio, SiriusXM)

-functional matrix LED/adaptive driving beam

-cornering lights via fog lamp

-customizable warmer/cooler setting for auto seat heating and auto steering wheel heating. Current auto setting is not warm enough and turns them off sooner than I’d like

-small UI/UX fixes like
—next/back button on the radio screen should skip between radio presets like the steering wheel button does instead of skipping to the next radio station
—searching for a new destination in the nav when a route is active should ask if you want to add stop or replace current destination instead of just replacing current destination
Yes to all of these!

New Features / Enhancements:
  • Option to play pedestrian horn noise or sound via PWS speaker for oblivious pedestrians (not replacing PWS, just the ability to play a chime or noise)
  • App Store for 3rd Party Apps
  • Ability to Charge on Solar only on weekdays and charge normally on weekends
  • RCS support and Group Chat support for Messaging
  • ECALL or contact roadside assistance in-car via data connection from the vehicle
  • Matrix Headlight support (but I won't hold my breath for this one)
  • Google Assistant integration
  • AAC, LDAC, or AptX support for Bluetooth. Right now vehicle only supports SBC
  • Raise Spotify streaming bitrate to 320 kbps
UI:
  • Better Blind Spot monitoring and alerting, maybe a chime when turn signal activated when a vehicle is in your blind spot
  • Trigger Homelink via App (even without summon) and select which door to open
  • Better Voice Commands, especially understanding contact names. And ability to say "Navigate to Ashley's Home"
  • UI change for the media card on the bottom left, I ALWAYS accidentally drag the music progress slider while swiping between cards and lose my spot during podcasts
Navigation / Maps:
  • Option to toggle "Use HOV Lane" setting depending on how many pax detected via seat weight sensors.
  • Switch between or view alternate routes anytime, not only when the destination is first entered (Green showed this is coming soon)
  • Avoid Highways option for navigation
  • WX Overlay for map & Air Quality and Weather data
  • Fancier detailed graphics for exits and interchanges, like Korea
Autopilot / FSD / Driver Assistance:
  • AutoPark, Summon, and Smart Summon (Actually Smart Summon?) for HW4 & USS-less cars
  • Improvements to Park Assist with vision (no-USS)
  • Fixing Auto Wiper regression
  • Remove Nags in lieu of Driver Monitoring via Camera
  • Cross Traffic Detection for HW4 (since the rear camera has a wider FOV) or show the wider FOV on the screen
  • Plugshare integration to see 3rd party charging stations and ratings from the map
  • Enable Driver Monitoring for Non-FSD vehicles
Misc:
  • Bug Report & Tracker / Feature Request website or tool for Tesla. Kind of like Google's Issue Tracker for Android. Right now it's just tweeting Elon on X or making Forum posts hoping it catches the attention of someone at Tesla

Last edited:
  • Bug Report & Tracker / Feature Request website or tool for Tesla. Kind of like Google's Issue Tracker for Android. Right now it's just tweeting Elon on X or making Forum posts hoping it catches the attention of someone at Tesla
I'd like having the ability to vote for features to be released in the next quarter exactly the same way we're voting for new Supercharger locations, actually...

for us 2020 legacy S wish list:
blind spot camera when turning
remote sentry on app
Oh wait you guys all got that last year but not us “Legacy“ Model S cars……..
………
……..
Which I didn’t know before i bought it when my 3 had it. And you cant just test drive a used Model S. I tried to do research but guess I wasn’t thorough enough.….……
.,…….………
…………….
Stop being selfish and forcing people to upgrade to new S’s to get these features. I used to be nice about it but get more angry as time goes on for the unwillingness to do a software upgrade for those. Yes it’s a vertical screen Burt you can make it work you coded to allow the new S’s to move it anywhere. I can find a spot i can move the cameras on my screen. And bull crap the ECU cant handle it. If you can handle FSD you can handle that.

Ok done venting.
Wait, Lastly sell me an upgrade for using phone for key. I”d pay for the upgrade cheaper then having to get a new car. You offered power trunk for 18 Model 3’s.

I‘m not betting on any of it. but I’m sure the holiday updates will again not include us “Legacy“ cars.

Ok now officially done venting.

Reactions: davezforce
I don't get this - why are you opening the app at all? Just "walk away"
More of a failsafe really. What do you do if you forgot your keycard at home and your phone battery dies?
CarKey allows Wallet cards to be used in 'Power reserve' (i.e when battery is at 0% with the red battery icon) for up to 5 hours.
And would allow to tap your Apple Watch on the B-pillar as well as a 2nd failsafe option, let's say in case your phone is lost or stolen...

Reactions: E90alex