Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Edited to highlight the one's SidetrackedSue would like from this comprehensive list:

New Features / Enhancements:

• App Store for 3rd Party Apps
  • ECALL or contact roadside assistance in-car via data connection from the vehicle A feature I didn't know I wanted but I do!
  • Raise Spotify streaming bitrate to 320 kbps Am thankful I'm not an audiophile!
UI:
  • Better Blind Spot monitoring and alerting, maybe a chime when turn signal activated when a vehicle is in your blind spot YES!
  • Better Voice Commands, especially understanding contact names. And ability to say "Navigate to Ashley's Home" Or Navigate to <insert name of a recent or saved location.>
  • UI change for the media card on the bottom left, I ALWAYS accidentally drag the music progress slider while swiping between cards and lose my spot during podcasts Plus people who aren't voracious readers of TMC may not even know the slider is there.
Navigation / Maps: All of these!
  • Option to toggle "Use HOV Lane" setting depending on how many pax detected via seat weight sensors.
  • Switch between or view alternate routes anytime, not only when the destination is first entered (Green showed this is coming soon)
  • Avoid Highways option for navigation
  • WX Overlay for map & Air Quality and Weather data
  • Fancier detailed graphics for exits and interchanges, like Korea
Autopilot / FSD / Driver Assistance: These would improve my use of the car.
  • Fixing Auto Wiper regression
  • Remove Nags in lieu of Driver Monitoring via Camera
  • Plugshare integration to see 3rd party charging stations and ratings from the map

Well, I certainly hope that's not all there is to the Christmas update...

Past holiday update version numbers:

And each year there were lower versions (eg 2022.44.5) which were not the holiday update)

• update of AutoPilot. From what I understand it's still running very old coded software and I'm still getting phantom braking. The best advertisement for FSD is to give us a taste of good programming with AP
  • Switch to eye tracking monitoring and removal of the steering wheel nag
  • Improvement of V3 SCs to 275KW max, and release of V4 with a max of 400kW charging

Reactions: WllXM
My lists
Vehicle UI:
-SiriusXM app, I don’t need a Sat radio, I BT play Sirius from my iPhone constantly
-NAV where I can set the destination charge percentage on a trip, say the hotel has no charging the NAV can manage charges in route so I arrive at 100%, I know I can do this and I do, but rather it be brainless, a pop up for the destination arrival charge desired
-a Google chrome browser that will take my browser credentials dropping in my favorites/launch bar and saved login credentials
-building off of above, a full screen browser mode without needing to use a site
Phone App
-ability to name each WC with an identifier
-ability program rhe wall connectors for SSID, wireless security and vehicle charging lockdown/only charge vehicles seen and block the rest good for when out of town
-ability to reset tire rotation and see tire information behind PSI
-same as above, set the destination battery percent designed under the location (love what we have today, sending the trip to the vehicle)
-have sentry send alerts to the app for when it is activated by an event
-ability to watch sentry recording using the app
-a free form or checklist log area for maintenance done or to do

Just to name a few

Reactions: MikeHawk
The App Store idea is overrated. No serious company is going to spend development effort and budget on an app for a single brand of car.

All you’ll end up with is apps by indie developers that could break at any point
Don’t agree
The 3rd parties already investing and in the vehicle are great, but an App Store would create even more app options
Why not?

Reactions: iamnid
The 3rd parties already investing
3rd parties are investing in native iOS and Android devices, not vechicle specific operating systems.

It makes sense for them to invest and develop on platforms that have between them 99.31% market share (Mobile Operating System Market Share Worldwide | Statcounter Global Stats)

It makes zero sense to invest on a niche platform like Tesla that has a miniscule userbase. This is why Tesla and other car manufacturers have to make their own Spotify and Apple Music apps and not the other way.

3rd parties are investing in native iOS and Android devices, not vechicle specific operating systems.

It makes sense for them to invest and develop on platforms that have between them 99.31% market share (Mobile Operating System Market Share Worldwide | Statcounter Global Stats)

It makes zero sense to invest on a niche platform like Tesla that has a miniscule userbase. This is why Tesla and other car manufacturers have to make their own Spotify and Apple Music apps and not the other way.
You think Tesla wrote the Zoom, Tidal and Spotify apps? Def not
I work in the Zoom space and it was all there’s
The Tesla Model Y is the number one vehicle, Vehicle, selling in the world
If I a mobile all developer, I want a Tesla App Store to put my app
1700420556222.png

You think Tesla wrote the Zoom, Tidal and Spotify apps? Def not
They definitely did, using the APIs that these services provide and are available for anyone to use.

Zoom might have given the Tesla developers a helping hand but they won’t have built the app for them - which is common, I’ve worked at companies where we’ve had guidance and a helping hand from the likes of Amazon and Microsoft.

Instead of posting screenshots why don’t you post a link to a source? Also it’s not really unheard of for the media to misreport something
I searched and found some posts, but as you suspected they don't really say what the article title said.

But it isn't entirely clear.

Here is one confirming that what goes in the app isn't entirely up to them, they have to work with Tesla on it:

Noting the photos of the CT interface, showing a new sidebar seemingly permanently on the screen with key icons and gear selector.

I wonder whether all cars might get the option of the automatic gear selector, with the gear selector 'stalks' being used as a backup.

Would certainly ease the transition from those drivers who don't seem keen to give up their stalks.