Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024 Model 3 Performance Announced - Discussion thread post announcement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are most of you "supporting" Tesla in these tough times and ordering the m3p at current full msrp minus fed rebate ? Or are there people like me waiting for the next big gut punching price cut/in inventory deep discounts
I'm ordering at MSRP + Tax credit and happy with it. I was expecting a much higher pricetag and no tax credit, tbh.

There's a chance there -might- be price-cuts... sometime. But as I wait and hope for those, my current trade will just keep depreciating, and those price-cuts aren't guaranteed, nor is the amount known.

Granted some folks will recommend waiting until the end of a quarter/year for possible price-cuts, but for the risk of them not even happening, and the small amount they are likely to be, it's worth it to me to buy now. For myself, it's not really a matter of 'supporting Tesla' as it is acquiring a vehicle I really want: I love my M3RWD, and I can't imagine the '24 M3P being 'worse', and in fact it has a range of improvements I am really looking forward to.

Now if there are deep cuts at the end of the year - I'll just have to hope I enjoy the car enough to make up for it from the time I eventually receive it until those cuts materialize - if they do! :)

I'm ordering at MSRP + Tax credit and happy with it. I was expecting a much higher pricetag and no tax credit, tbh.

There's a chance there -might- be price-cuts... sometime. But as I wait and hope for those, my current trade will just keep depreciating, and those price-cuts aren't guaranteed, nor is the amount known.

Granted some folks will recommend waiting until the end of a quarter/year for possible price-cuts, but for the risk of them not even happening, and the small amount they are likely to be, it's worth it to me to buy now. For myself, it's not really a matter of 'supporting Tesla' as it is acquiring a vehicle I really want: I love my M3RWD, and I can't imagine the '24 M3P being 'worse', and in fact it has a range of improvements I am really looking forward to.

Now if there are deep cuts at the end of the year - I'll just have to hope I enjoy the car enough to make up for it from the time I eventually receive it until those cuts materialize - if they do! :)
Theres just no way the car ever gets priced under $50k IMO. And that even seems like a big stretch to me. I could see $51,990 or $51,490 so people could get red paint and white seats under the cap but like it’s $1k difference who cares. Tesla doesn’t need to drop the price bc of the tax credit. They need to drop the LR variant price back to where it was at release ($45,990) or less.

The only time you saw cheap M3s was mid to end of 2023 when everyone knew Highland was coming and they needed to move inventory. Kind of like now when everyone knows the Juniper is coming for the Model Y next year.

Last edited:
Can we get 2024 Model 3 performance display locations?

Feel free to add where 24 M3P are in showrooms to see/play:

Malibu, CA
Bellevue, WA

I believe this was answered to you already, in this thread, in post #143:

Reactions: cptnslo and P-Lo801
I believe this was answered to you already, in this thread, in post #143:

Here you go, so it's easier to copy and paste:

Bellevue, WA (Bellevue Square)
Seattle, WA (University Village)
Glendale, AZ (W Glendale Ave)
Walnut Creek, CA (Broadway Plaza)
San Jose, CA (Santana Row)
Palo Alto, CA (Stanford Shopping Center)
Santa Monica, CA (Santa Monica Place)

Are most of you "supporting" Tesla in these tough times and ordering the m3p at current full msrp minus fed rebate ? Or are there people like me waiting for the next big gut punching price cut/in inventory deep discounts
“Gut punching” 😂

So many people so massively butthurt at Tesla for having the nerve to sell cars at prices the market dictates…

They should just give them away for free /s
Fox News had a great hand in this. Every time I turn around there is a suggested article about how the USA is not ready for the switch to electric and there is no infrastructure. One hit piece after the next. The funny thing is they never mention in these articles what the infrastructure is that Tesla built on their own. The thing is these hit pieces along with battery hit pieces have scared the majority of people into believing a Tesla is near worthless out of warranty. This is the reason the cars endure such shocking deprecation around year 6. Example- 2019 awd lr model 3 with under 25k miles for 25k. This car will be 21k with the tax credit. That car in 2019 was low 50ish. That’s 58% depreciation on a car that hasn’t even been driven in 5 years. As I’ve mentioned before the need for a longer warranty on batteries is dire. I think it’s the main sticking point for customers refusing to make the switch to electric

If people are concerned about resale, don’t do the following:

1. Buy during peak Covid prices.
2. Buy during first year of release when demand is greatest for a new version.
3. Try to flip within two years.

I love the Tesla price cuts. I don’t care one iota that my current model S is worth much less. I will keep it a long time and put many miles on it. Over 7 years and 114k miles so far. I want my next Tesla to be better and cheaper than my last. Means less taxes, less insurance and less registration fees too.

I didn't say there was. I was saying that every time Elon talks about Insane or higher he can't resist talking about Spaceballs.
You say that like it's a bad thing. 😄

Ya gotta have some fun with it.
The alternative is him boring everyone with just the specs of each version, and the engineering behind them. That's all well and good for some, but not everyone. So he talks tech for part of the audience, and Spaceballs for a different part of the audience.
It's just a way to include more folks in the conversation.
When Tesla began, it was a very nerdy audience. Most buyers were techies/nerds. That's not an insult, but it was a targeted market.
As the company has grown, it's going through the phase of reaching mass appeal, so more layman have come into the culture.
But at his core, Elon is still a nerd. So his mentality and personality are always going to lean that way. Sorry for the non-Spaceballs fans out there (but really, why not?), you'll just have to get used to it.
Or, thanks to Tesla, there are plenty of other EV options to go to now.

Reactions: juliusb and SO16
You say that like it's a bad thing. 😄

Ya gotta have some fun with it.
The alternative is him boring everyone with just the specs of each version, and the engineering behind them. That's all well and good for some, but not everyone. So he talks tech for part of the audience, and Spaceballs for a different part of the audience.
It's just a way to include more folks in the conversation.
When Tesla began, it was a very nerdy audience. Most buyers were techies/nerds. That's not an insult, but it was a targeted market.
As the company has grown, it's going through the phase of reaching mass appeal, so more layman have come into the culture.
But at his core, Elon is still a nerd. So his mentality and personality are always going to lean that way. Sorry for the non-Spaceballs fans out there (but really, why not?), you'll just have to get used to it.
Or, thanks to Tesla, there are plenty of other EV options to go to now.
I mean if you’re not a spaceballs or Mel brooks fan I probably wouldn’t like you haha I can quote dam near that whole movie. “What’s with all that churning and bubbling!?”

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: ChooseFreedom
I traded in a 2015 Mustang GT Premium with 70k miles in very good condition. Tesla gave me $24k for it. I used that as my down payment on my Model 3.
I also had good luck. I traded in a '18 Volt, Tesla gave me the 2nd best quote (got 4) and it ended up being just about tied for the best considering I saved 20k in taxes. A friend of mine traded in a '13 Prius and said they actually gave him 2k more than the next best offer he got.

Reactions: icy1007
I do not like the new headlights on the M3 at all so I may wait until Fall and hope to get a good deal on a used M3P to replace my wifes 10 year old Mustang convertible. Figure there will be more on the market due to the refresh.

I do not like the new headlights on the M3 at all so I may wait until Fall and hope to get a good deal on a used M3P to replace my wifes 10 year old Mustang convertible. Figure there will be more on the market due to the refresh.
What do you not like about the new headlights? They’re awesome. Much better than the old frog eyes.