Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024 Model 3 Performance Announced - Discussion thread post announcement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does this one have gear stalks?

That was my only deal breaker when we test drove the highland refresh. Everything about the car was quieter and more comfortable, and the interior lighting was a really pleasant experience.

Only big negative was three-point turns felt awful with the screen gear selector. Can’t believe lack of a gear stalk had such a big impact on wanting to buy a refresh.
no

There is nothing different in the cars that would cause the range to be that drastically different, other than the rim size. But even then the new 20” on the P variant are now forged (lighter) with aero caps. If you driver it harder the range will decrease sure, but the difference in listed range is just EPA test cycles. Real world they won’t be that far apart. If you take those aero covers off the 18” rims I bet you the range is damn near identical. (This was true in the prior M3P as well)
The new car uses more power so it has less range.

• Funny
Reactions: Jeremy3292

That was my only deal breaker when we test drove the highland refresh. Everything about the car was quieter and more comfortable, and the interior lighting was a really pleasant experience.

Only big negative was three-point turns felt awful with the screen gear selector. Can’t believe lack of a gear stalk had such a big impact on wanting to buy a refresh.
There are no stalks in any current Model 3 and they’re very unlikely to return.

Reactions: gsxdsm and cptnslo
On the new Model 3 Performance I wish they offered optional 19’’ Nova Wheels with All-Season Tires. 19" wheels are more comfortable to drive on the street with less risk of rim damage if you hit a pot hole, and I want to be able to drive in freezing winter temperatures without having to swap summer tires.
You should get winter tires anyway if you live somewhere that has an actual winter. All-seasons don’t cut it in the snow and extreme cold.

Reactions: EatsShoots

No, no stalks. Guess you shouldn't buy it.

Reactions: cptnslo
I’m waiting til December to purchase myself (discounts likely then also) bc I’m expecting 19” wheels to be coming out at some point. They were already leaked in the parts catalog. I would maybe ignore the 20” rims if they came with all season tires as the ride is supposed to be soooo much better you might not notice the 20” rims anymore.
They'll still pinch flat by looking at them wrong where I live (western new york). Absolutely sick and tired of, and completely over, low profile tires. 18" was one positive factor in my standard model 3. My previous two cars had six-micron thick sidewalls and I was blowing tires on an annual basis, including a bent rim on an almost brand new car in 2021, which cost me a thousand out of pocket.

I just went and checked it out. Seats are nice, very comfortable. More of a comfort sport seat than a track seat put in a road car like BMW or Porsche. Should fit most body types and I liked the venting.

Did the venting actually work well? Also, Kyle from Out of Spec sat in them and he was wider than the bolsters :D

How is the padding compared to an non-performance model?

Reactions: jose3030
But don't those 2 things (EU being limited by battery & Ludacris performance update via OTA) contradict each other?
Or are you suggesting the US Version has enough reserves for this OTA Luda upgrade and the EU version is stuck at current performance?
That would be a bad look enabling an OTA just for the US buyers
This ☝️. If the LG battery can’t support power requirements for Lud, this is going to be a disaster for any M3P owner outside of US.

Still want to see an actual dyno and head to head LG vs Pano spec. This will confirm whether the 50 hp truly affects performance across all speed ranges

Reactions: juliusb
This ☝️. If the LG battery can’t support power requirements for Lud, this is going to be a disaster for any M3P owner outside of US.

Still want to see an actual dyno and head to head LG vs Pano spec. This will confirm whether the 50 hp truly affects performance across all speed ranges
For 0 to 60 or 1/4 peak power is much less significant than power under the curve

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
Current Model 3 RWD/LR has 5.4” of ground clearance and the new Performance has 5.0”.
that's what was said for the previous models, and yet it wasn't true: all had the exact same measured clearance.

I pressed the button for a new one, I'm a bit disappointed that my 2019 M3P Stealth had a better WLTP rated range (and it didn't even have the heat pump for heating)

Are most of you "supporting" Tesla in these tough times and ordering the m3p at current full msrp minus fed rebate ? Or are there people like me waiting for the next big gut punching price cut/in inventory deep discounts
I’m ordering mine in December for a multitude of reasons, but I’m really not expecting any major discount. In fact I’m THRILLED it’s only $53k with $7500 more from the feds. That’s so cheap to me. Tesla is discounting the “older” models like the Y bc they have too many of them. They can’t make the new M3 fast enough and actually raised prices since its reveal. I just don’t see any major discounts as soon as December. Next year? Sure.

Reactions: juliusb and arkhos