Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024 Model 3 Performance Announced - Discussion thread post announcement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M3P Lease, 24 mo, 10k miles, in CA comes out to $872/mo including taxes with $3k due at signing. That works out to $23,982 all in.

Cash price is $62,304 - $7500 tax credit = $54,804

That overall, means leasing x 2 years/20k miles use is 43.8% of the cost to own it outright if paying cash and qualify for tax credit, or a difference of $30,822.
Just curious - where does the $62,304 amount come from? Is that with FSD maybe?

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
WARNING! The brakes on the 2024 Model 3 Performance ABSOLUTELY MUST be Bedded in. If you try to stop from high speeds for the first time with the friction brakes they will feel like MUSH and the car will just push through them.

I am not the first person to experience this either. In fact I experienced it with my last car when I took it to the track the first week I got it. The 2024 seemed worse though.

The big issue is that you can’t bed the brakes in properly if you have a lot of regen. You really need to be coasting and applying progressive pressure down to about 30 mph. With regen it won’t really bed the brakes in properly.

I used the S3XY buttons to disable regen and coast into the bedding process. Once they were properly bedded in they felt fine but until then they will not stop you.

Honestly, this was scary as H$LL. Please don’t expect the friction brakes to stop you straight out of the box. They won’t. Please bed them in.

WARNING! The brakes on the 2024 Model 3 Performance ABSOLUTELY MUST be Bedded in. If you try to stop from high speeds for the first time with the friction brakes they will feel like MUSH and the car will just push through them.

I am not the first person to experience this either. In fact I experienced it with my last car when I took it to the track the first week I got it. The 2024 seemed worse though.

The big issue is that you can’t bed the brakes in properly if you have a lot of regen. You really need to be coasting and applying progressive pressure down to about 30 mph. With regen it won’t really bed the brakes in properly.

I used the S3XY buttons to disable regen and coast into the bedding process. Once they were properly bedded in they felt fine but until then they will not stop you.

Honestly, this was scary as H$LL. Please don’t expect the friction brakes to stop you straight out of the box. They won’t. Please bed them in.
I always thought scrubbing tires and bedding brakes should be done on any new car. They definitely don't do it at the factory.

Isn’t there also an option in the service menu for brake burnishing that could be used to bed the brakes in?

Reactions: Sellout and MarkoP
I sat in M3P and can confirm the seats look great, but less comfortable than the standard seats. They are a little stiff. Might improve with wear. Even the base M3 is a blast to drive. So much more nimble than the S.

This person reviewed both and discussed the ride quality differences in this M3P review video:

edit: I think i may be confusing it with this video actually:

According to him, the LR is more comfortable.

I've seen other reviewers say the same thing...that the non-performance suspension is more comfy than the softest settings in the Performance version. Could be the difference due to the wheels size also.