Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$2500 CA Rebate Experience?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm confused. Can I get both the rebate and HOV decals if my household income is less than $300K (filing jointly)?

Yes. For BEV vehicles, the rebate is the only program that has an income qualifier. Its just worded weirdly on the site because if you get a Fuel Cell vehicle you can choose decal or rebate if you are above the income limit. On a battery or plug in hybrid, you cannot get the rebate PERIOD if you are above the income limit

Screen Shot 2018-10-09 at 2.55.02 PM.png

As expected (based on @9erDog 7/4 > 9/5), my response came back yesterday (7/10 > 9/11). However, they had an issue with my Driver License scan, so I resubmitted within an hour of receiving the notification. Was worried it would take another 60 days, but it was just approved this morning. Looking at 1-day turn-around for resubmittals.

Received "check sent" notification on 10/12. Received it yesterday, 10/15. Check was dated 10/10.

Full report:

7/10 docs submitted
9/11 issue with docs, resubmitted within an hour
9/12 approved
10/10 check printed
10/12 "check sent" notification
10/15 received and deposited check

~60 days to approval (original estimate at submittal was 45 days), ~30 days for check, ~90 days total.

Looks like they really speed up the check sent duration. Early this year, they took almost the full 90 days from approval to mail out the check our X! Now if they really take about 30 to 40 days... I may have a chance to see the check for the 3 this year LOL.

Huh. Mine took >80 days to "approved" (which was in line with estimates; I think they said 83 days w/out income verification and 86 days with). We got selected for income verification, and it took just under 86 days to get approved. But the approval says another 90 days for a check. *shrug*

I think I got selected for income approval since I had to fill out the IRS form, but IRS just sent us a copy of our return. I guess they must submit that right away because a week later I got a letter from the IRS saying I needed to call in to verify the request for security reasons. I called in and they said they would only send the information to me, so I'm not sure if the rebate center will get it and I don't see an option to upload it since the application is still in process. Anyone run into a similar issue?

I think I got selected for income approval since I had to fill out the IRS form, but IRS just sent us a copy of our return. I guess they must submit that right away because a week later I got a letter from the IRS saying I needed to call in to verify the request for security reasons. I called in and they said they would only send the information to me, so I'm not sure if the rebate center will get it and I don't see an option to upload it since the application is still in process. Anyone run into a similar issue?

I thought I just sent in the first page of my tax return, but looking at my filed report, I sent in the form authorizing them to pull my tax records from the IRS, and the form I signed specifically gave the CVRP folks as the address to send it to. The form explicitly states "if this information is being sent to a third party.." blah blah blah So obviously the IRS can and will do this.