Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

370 miles of range!!!!!!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It certainly does if they give it to someone who would have otherwise paid for it.

Exactly. There is a very real $20k opportunity cost.

Given all the other updates and upgrades in the new MS/MX, I suspect a non-insignificant number of existing owners would have upgraded anyway, including the Ludicrous upgrade. It happens every time Tesla rolls out something new, and people want (or need) to always have the 'latest and greatest'.

Think of all those folks who instantly upgraded from P85D to the P90D, only to upgrade again shortly after that when the P100D was released. It's like clockwork. I'd bet Tesla even as a list of "people most likely to upgrade."

Exactly. There is a very real $20k opportunity cost.

Given all the other updates and upgrades in the new MS/MX, I suspect a non-insignificant number of existing owners would have upgraded anyway, including the Ludicrous upgrade. It happens every time Tesla rolls out something new, and people want (or need) to always have the 'latest and greatest'.

Think of all those folks who instantly upgraded from P85D to the P90D, only to upgrade again shortly after that when the P100D was released. It's like clockwork. I'd bet Tesla even as a list of "people most likely to upgrade."
giphy.gif

Last year after receiving a direct hit from Hurricane Florence, Tesla Temporarily increased my range about 25% . This lasted around 3 months and jumped me from 335 to around 435. During this time I made one round trip of 350 miles and did not have to recharge. Returned home with 30 miles or so remaining. So, It would appear that they would not have to do anything other than software change to produce this increase. Wondering if it will have any effect on the battery. Wondering if Anyone can do anything to decrease the life span of the battery anyway. If you have this much buffer in a battery pack, it would be easy to make it look as if a battery has little or no degradation I also noticed the recommended daily charging went up to a top of chart range of about 300 miles. This makes me think that all of our charging strategies were for naught. I just flat out love this Bar, I mean Car. Never have I ever bough anything that has gotten better over time, with new and better features. It is a marvel. (May have to add a 20 year old bottle of Pappy to this statement)

I hope this does not start another seminar on batteries. I just want to be surprised if mine dies before I do.

350 miles trip at what speed? Like stuck in evacuation traffic doing under 20 mph for several hours?

Does anybody know if they have improved the cooling in the batterypack?

If the cells are the same, with the same chemistry as the older ones, and the coling is the same - why would the older ones not be able to get the faster 200Kw charging?

Does anybody know if they have improved the cooling in the batterypack?

If the cells are the same, with the same chemistry as the older ones, and the coling is the same - why would the older ones not be able to get the faster 200Kw charging?

This is my hope that existing Model S will be able to achieve the new peak charge or at least lose to 200KW