Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

60D Order/Delivery Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My order was confirmed on 8/20, VIN 181xx on 8/22...nothing since then (except an email yesterday reminding me that I can pay online now). My DS told me last week that we are still expecting mid/late Sept - but no emails from Tesla yet...hopefully any day. Really excited and trying to be patient...I know some people waited many months...so I should be able to wait a few more weeks, right?

Ordered in Belgium on 27/7, VIN 187xx, DS expect it to go into production by the end of this week or early next week. Scheduled for delivery the first week of november. Seems they go now by train to NY and then by boat to Europe (longer on the train than on the boat). Ordered 60D, premium, ob black, black seats, black headliner, 6 seats, normal stereo and a hook. I'm very happy to see how massively Tesla increased its production capacity. Amazing! Happy, happy, joy, joy ;)

Ordered 8/30
Confirmed 9/7 (VIN 203XX)
Into production 9/14

60D Black exterior, 20" wheels, white seats, black headliner, 7 seat, autopilot, accessory hitch

Based on what I am seeing in this thread + the September deliveries thread (and the level of confidence projected by the DS on delivery later this month/early Oct as I placed the order) Tesla is definitely cranking these out. Buying Tesla shares might be a way to "earn a discount" ;)

Production completed 9/14
Production started 9/13
Confirmed 9/7; VIN 204xx assigned within minutes of confirmation.
Ordered 8/31

Projected delivery late Oct- early Nov
Trading in my MS P85
I'll be very surprised if you don't have the car before 10/1 via truck delivery. They are moving heaven and earth to deliver as many cars as possible in Q3 and it looks like they turned yours around unbelievably fast. If you express an interest in having it sooner rather than later I bet they'd accommodate that.

I'll be very surprised if you don't have the car before 10/1 via truck delivery. They are moving heaven and earth to deliver as many cars as possible in Q3 and it looks like they turned yours around unbelievably fast. If you express an interest in having it sooner rather than later I bet they'd accommodate that.
Always amazing to see the quarter end rush. Will have to call tomorrow to plan for timing of lease application. Their site suggests the docs may have to be resubmitted if more than 30 days elapsed.

Just scheduled my delivery appointment for Saturday, Sep 24th!!! My first Tesla and I am super excited!! I hope the build quality issues have been resolved in the latest batches that are being delivered...

Ordered on 7/30, Confirmed on 8/6, Entered Production on 9/8, Completed production on 9/9, Scheduled for Delivery 9/24

Reactions: esk8mw
I am moving from a Mercedes GL450 to a Tesla Model X 60D... My biggest fear is the fact that I only drove the 90D in my test drive, and I dont know how to reconcile in my head the lesser horsepower/acceleration/pickup of the 60D version. I only commute ~20 miles a day so the 60D is perfect for me, but I was very very tempted to get the 90D for the acceleration.

Folks who have already taken delivery of the 60D, can you let me know what you guys thought from an acceleration standpoint for this car? Do you feel like it's got enough zoom to win that occasional race with the car next to you when taking off from a stop light, or changing lanes on the expressway?

Reactions: number12
I am moving from a Mercedes GL450 to a Tesla Model X 60D... My biggest fear is the fact that I only drove the 90D in my test drive, and I dont know how to reconcile in my head the lesser horsepower/acceleration/pickup of the 60D version. I only commute ~20 miles a day so the 60D is perfect for me, but I was very very tempted to get the 90D for the acceleration.

Folks who have already taken delivery of the 60D, can you let me know what you guys thought from an acceleration standpoint for this car? Do you feel like it's got enough zoom to win that occasional race with the car next to you when taking off from a stop light, or changing lanes on the expressway?

Only had it for a few days, but it is obvious the answer is "yes". This is pretty funny since we traded in a Golf R which had a better 0-60 time on paper.

//TB