Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7.1 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm sure it'll be without summon, but maybe Tesla has not gone to the effort to re-render the Australian notifications cause it's going to happen on a SA today ;-) we can live in hope.

If it's not been left in intentionally, cause we're getting it soon, then it's pretty unprofessional....

-ECIT
seems that only US cars have recieved summon, so maybe its like autosteer (7.0) and needs US regulatory export approval before everyone else gets it, in which case a couple of weeks.

seems that only US cars have recieved summon, so maybe its like autosteer (7.0) and needs US regulatory export approval before everyone else gets it, in which case a couple of weeks.

Maybe Tesla is scared about regulatory approval... But on the other hand... Since it is only supposed to be used on private property, are they not being too cautious? I suppose worst case scenario is that they be forced to disable it on public roads and road related areas. But determining the difference between private property and road related areas would be a real challenge for the Nav system.

Bottom line... Too many nannies in this state.

How hard would it be to send a bulk email out to all owners, one email for each country, explaining which updates we are getting and a brief reason why we don't get some and/if we will later? That would stop all the wild speculation everyone is left to engage in.

How hard would it be to send a bulk email out to all owners, one email for each country, explaining which updates we are getting and a brief reason why we don't get some and/if we will later? That would stop all the wild speculation everyone is left to engage in.

At a guess I would say from time to time Tesla don't mind a bit of free wild speculation, Tesla communication is poor when it needs to be, good when it needs to be.

UPDATE: Australian market ruled out for Summon feature
With this update released overnight, Australian time, it was unclear if or when Summon would be offered locally.
But, as with the Remote Control Parking function of BMW’s new 7 Series, it appeared unlikely that Tesla offering Summon in Australia would be legal. That has now been confirmed.
Speaking with CarAdvice this morning, Tesla Australia communications manager Heather Walker confirmed: “the 7.1 release in Australia will not include summon feature, due to legal reasons”.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/407756/tesla-model-s-adds-summon-mode-for-fully-automated-parking/

Summon has been ruled out for Australia:

Tesla Model S adds Summon mode for fully automated parking  UPDATE

"UPDATE: Australian market ruled out for Summon featureWith this update released overnight, Australian time, it was unclear if or when Summon would be offered locally.
But, as with the Remote Control Parking function of BMW’s new 7 Series, it appeared unlikely that Tesla offering Summon in Australia would be legal. That has now been confirmed.
Speaking with CarAdvice this morning, Tesla Australia communications manager Heather Walker confirmed: “the 7.1 release in Australia will not include summon feature, due to legal reasons”."

Summon has been ruled out for Australia:

Tesla Model S adds Summon mode for fully automated parkingÂ* UPDATE

"UPDATE: Australian market ruled out for Summon featureWith this update released overnight, Australian time, it was unclear if or when Summon would be offered locally.
Speaking with CarAdvice this morning, Tesla Australia communications manager Heather Walker confirmed: “the 7.1 release in Australia will not include summon feature, due to legal reasons”."

Well that sux

True, would've been fine without Homelink. I'm a bit disappointed. We were told we were getting a car that did this.
Can anyone here confirm when precisely we were told/ promised summons or something similar? I have been around so long that as far as I am concerned, it has always been there. As, for that matter, has homelink and a browser.
Newbies or relative newbies may be able to localize it better, given whatever sales pitch they were given.

Can anyone here confirm when precisely we were told/ promised summons or something similar? I have been around so long that as far as I am concerned, it has always been there. As, for that matter, has homelink and a browser.
Newbies or relative newbies may be able to localize it better, given whatever sales pitch they were given.
I don't know when it changed, but they clearly told me in December 2014 (when I originally ordered) that it would be possible to have the car self-present at the kerb.
Maybe a techno-wiz can find the old Tesla pages in some internet cache???

I don't know when it changed, but they clearly told me in December 2014 (when I originally ordered) that it would be possible to have the car self-present at the kerb.
Maybe a techno-wiz can find the old Tesla pages in some internet cache???

FWIW you can check on the Wayback Machine although Tesla no doubt planned & are still planning to release it. I don't think it's Tesla's fault that we're not getting it yet.

Internet Archive Wayback Machine

Or we could all help Tesla loby the nanny government we have to allow summoning the car.

I guess the rules are in place just in case the car runs someone over, of course the rules where written a long time ago and technology has radically changed. Personally I believe if every car had the summon feature we wouldn't see the toddler deaths each year when backed over by their own parents.

It's the government that needs to change, collectively surely we have a few lawyers amongst us that could present a good case to the powers to be?

-ECIT