Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

75 and 75D variants increased performance from July 1st - software and hardware improvements?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just an update:
My car verified as eligible for uncorking :)
Model S 75D (purchased as 70D and later upgraded) with VIN 1517xx built Aug 2016.
We had the 75DX in the shop for various nickel & dime annoyance fixes. Still plenty more to go, but we'd only mentioned about 1/2 of them, as it takes a while to check to see if they're all done once you drive around a bit. Now however, our annoying hard acceleration (half shaft replacement not yet addressed) shudder is worse. I guess that means we got uncorked. Any way to put the genie back in the bottle?
o_O
:p
This is HUGE!! Tesla knows how to keep their customers happy :)
Happy is quick & easy if/when it's a matter of pushing OTA type fixes. But for some fixes?
Does Tesla have a serious safety issue with the Model X's giant windshield? - Roadshow
.... not so much. In some cases you're told, "sorry, that's normal".

Last edited:
Is there any knowledge around already, regarding reliable hints for the S75 owners?
What to check for, when looking for the performance update?

My car was build around the week when they made the transition. Planned End of Line was 26th of June, VIN is 204xxx, battery is NOT a re-labeled 85kW pack, but a true 350V - and an email i received from Tesla claims that the RWD 75 has the performance increase from week 6/19 or later.

Any word on 60Ds getting uncorked? I just may update to 75 if that's the only way to get the uncorking.

I was contemplating on the 75 update either way.

December 30, 2016 Delivery

1753XX VIN

There has been a report from another thread that a 75D, née 60D, has been uncorked and a 75D, née 70D with VIN as far back as 15XXXX is eligible. What remains unclear is software locked 60D/70D can be uncorked without unlocking the battery capacity first. I'm in the same boat. 60D, late April 2017 build, 195XXX.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 103
May 2017 production. Told by SC this morning that’s I’m not eligible. They were still saying any car before 7/1 doesn’t have the proper hardware so I’m hopeful they are just not yet informed.

I called Tesla Support and they told me they will have “the diagnostics team check the VIN and get back to me on whether it’s eliginle or not”.

Not sure what this means but I’m still holding out hope!

I've been told by two service centres in the UK (Leeds and Manchester) that my 168XXX VIN 75D is not eligible to be uncorked.

Not sure if they're aware of the recent change in policy or not.

You're about the 6th person in the UK that I know about who has been told "no" today, despite the VIN range being the same as the many who are reporting "yes" in the US. I'm hoping it's a case of news travelling faster than Tesla updating their "eligible" database as it seems inconceivable that the upgrade is US specific only.

May 2017 production. Told by SC this morning that’s I’m not eligible. They were still saying any car before 7/1 doesn’t have the proper hardware so I’m hopeful they are just not yet informed.

I called Tesla Support and they told me they will have “the diagnostics team check the VIN and get back to me on whether it’s eliginle or not”.

Not sure what this means but I’m still holding out hope![/QUOT

I have the 75D VIN 199xxx that was delivered in May 2017. I called the Service Center and they scheduled me for

Not sure what this means but I’m still holding out hope!

I have the 75D that was delivered in May 2017 (VIN 199xxx). I called the service center and got the appointment scheduled tomorrow for the upgrade.

That's music to my ears. I'm the same car, Dec '16 build 60D to 75D with VIN 171xxx and was told this morning by a UK Service Centre "No". Hopefully the UK will catch up soon :)

Anyone with a 60D upgrade to the 75D and then get told they are eligible? I have my annual service tomorrow and would love to get mine uncorked. If it’s a matter of getting the 75 upgrade, then it would be great.