Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

75 and 75D variants increased performance from July 1st - software and hardware improvements?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been doing some doodling re. the absence of UK cars in the uncorking tracker. I compared the option codes on my corked MS75D to a friends MS75D which was uncorked before delivery, to see if anything stood out. Mine was delivered 6/14/2017 and his 9/27/2017, so his car may or may not have been manufactured after the 6/19/2017 cutoff. VIN's are 193xxx and 210xxx respectively.

I've ignored the obviously irrelevant options like "premium interior" etc. and he has the following additional options listed, that don't appear on my car: DU00 (Drive Unit - IR), FMP6, IDBO, LLP2,YFCC.

Just wondering whether anyone here knows what the last four represent and whether they may be significant?

As mentioned IDBO is an interior trim. YFCC is a common one, I'd be surprised if you both didn't have it.

I have my suspicions about FMP6 and LLP2 as indicators of the car being done (or being shopped with it done), its been mentioned before but no pattern seemed to come out. I've had a quick look and on the current tesla inventory cars 22xxxx seem to have the codes, I found a 194xxx that didn't. What isn't so clear is to find an indicator on whether a car could be uncorked.

image.jpg
Looks like I'm eligible for uncorking as long as I upgrade/unlock the battery.

The requirement is "Hardware 2.0". That's not AP2. What does Hardware 2.0 consist of for uncorking.

Based on your current car's configuration, if you upgrade to the 75D you should be eligible for the uncorking. You will be eligible as soon as you pay for the 75D upgrade, but your service center won't be notified.

If your service center asks you how you knew that you should be eligible after upgrading, you can show them this and let them know it's because Engineering said that the "PT_BMS_ISENSORPROTOCOLNUMBER" has to be greater than 3, and yours is a 5 in CarLogs.

Thank you for your time and loyalty to the company!

BOOM

How can you see that?

My call to the service center just now:

Me: just wanted to check on the status of my repairs (in for three issues, including uncorking)

Service Advisor: still diagnosing error code, mcu in stock, will uncork last - only takes a few minutes

Me: Oh really, I heard uncorking took somewhere around 60-90 min or so

SA: Where did you hear that? It’s the same as staging a normal software upgrade.

Me: (To myself - oh here we go again). On the internet TMC site. Heard special steps are required.

SA: You can’t believe anything you read on the internet

Me: Oh really, because they are the ones that alerted me to the yellow screen you missed when I was in 3 weeks ago.

SA: You can talk to the technician if you want

Me: I don’t really care how long it takes, as long as it’s really done because people have been told it’s done only to find out later it wasn’t done or it failed.

SA: I’ll let you know when it’s done.

What a jack a**.

This looks like the format Tesla uses to describe CAN messages... likely viewable on the touchscreen in diagnostic or dev mode, and also likely sniffable on the Powertrain (PT) CAN bus with suitable hardware if we can identify the message ID and packet format.

And verified. So no, this is not something that can easily checked by most users, but your local SC can definitely check:
16487301-14C0-423B-8E3D-5B1D53191F1F.jpeg

No, they're following the electrical code. For continuous loads (which an EVSE is), you can only use 80% of the circuit's rated amperage. 80A x 0.8 = 64A. Your homeowners insurance company is going to have a field day with you when your house burns down...

It's a moot point since I only have the 48A charger in my MS75D and don't intend on upgrading it. BTW, its jerks like you that make this such a hostile place to visit.

Regarding all the people getting happy with 4.0 times on the Power Tools app. Remember the app only polls every .25 seconds so what ever run time it gives you is only accurate +/- .25 seconds. so 4.0 runs can actually be 4.25 runs in reality. You will need a more accurate tool such as VBox to get true times.

Reactions: Jeff2332
No, they're following the electrical code. For continuous loads (which an EVSE is), you can only use 80% of the circuit's rated amperage. 80A x 0.8 = 64A. Your homeowners insurance company is going to have a field day with you when your house burns down...
One wonders why the code in your country wasn't rated to the amperage it can take.
Why rate something at 100A but then say that you can only put 80A through it? Why not just say it's rated to 80A?
It's a bit like saying the speed limit is 70mph, but you can only do 80% of that.

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
Regarding all the people getting happy with 4.0 times on the Power Tools app. Remember the app only polls every .25 seconds so what ever run time it gives you is only accurate +/- .25 seconds. so 4.0 runs can actually be 4.25 runs in reality. You will need a more accurate tool such as VBox to get true times.

I can't speak for everyone but I am just happy to have a 1 sec faster car. ..:)

If you say +/-. 25 then 4.0 can mean both 4.25 or 3.75..

Last edited: