Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

8.1 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sketch "Where is my home link?" And send it in.
image.jpg
Yeah, wasting engineers time with a sketch pad, childish. Meantime, what about all the stuff promised two years ago? A decent Nav system, summon to front door, decent music player, and the rest?

Reactions: BenT
It's not certain that the 8.1 release for AP1 cars is the same as that for AP2 cars.
By which I mean the first 8.1 release for AP1 cars might not be for a few weeks, but contain the UI improvements promised.
AP2 cars might then get those UI improvements in an incremental release at that time.
They might have focused on getting AP working for the new cars, then will finish off the UI stuff for all cars.

It's not certain that the 8.1 release for AP1 cars is the same as that for AP2 cars.
By which I mean the first 8.1 release for AP1 cars might not be for a few weeks, but contain the UI improvements promised.
AP2 cars might then get those UI improvements in an incremental release at that time.
They might have focused on getting AP working for the new cars, then will finis off the UI stuff for all cars.
Yes, but that is not how Elon has been promoting this since before last. Xmas.

Yes, but that is not how Elon has been promoting this since before last. Xmas.
I'm just hoping that what he's been promoting is coming in a 'real' 8.1 release.

Edit: Perhaps they rushed 8.1 out to appease the AP2 crowd (and potential class action) and only had the AP stuff working, and will release all the other features (kernel, on-off ramp etc) in a later release.

I know I'm clutching at straws...

It's now showing up as some cars in Australia having it on the firmware tracker. Anyone here?

No, and I'm beginning to doubt the accuracy of that data. For both this build and 17.9.2 ev-fw showed people in Australia having it. Yet, when it really did roll out everyone (who mentioned getting it) all reported getting it within a day of each other.

It would not surprise me if we don't get this build at all, and skip to a later "8.1" build. (This is based on nothing else than some conservatism in sending new AP2 functionality builds to AU cars).

No, and I'm beginning to doubt the accuracy of that data. For both this build and 17.9.2 ev-fw showed people in Australia having it. Yet, when it really did roll out everyone (who mentioned getting it) all reported getting it within a day of each other.

It would not surprise me if we don't get this build at all, and skip to a later "8.1" build. (This is based on nothing else than some conservatism in sending new AP2 functionality builds to AU cars).
Based off past experience, I concur.