Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Acceleration boost upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just noticed acceleration boost is no longer listed as an upgrade in my current app or online. Only premium connectivity (got FSD in 2020).

I wonder if either the FSD beta program influenced pulling this (quietly pulling the option later in the game) or the new availability of Tesla auto insurance in Virginia. Both would benefit from drivers without it.

Am I the only one that thinks the MY is fast enough already? The 'standard' MYLR can already smoke 90% of the cars on the road. Heck, I drive in chill mode half the time and I'm still never lacking enough acceleration. To each their own, but personally I could find better uses of $2k than to take my car from insanely fast to ludicrously fast.

Am I the only one that thinks the MY is fast enough already? The 'standard' MYLR can already smoke 90% of the cars on the road. Heck, I drive in chill mode half the time and I'm still never lacking enough acceleration. To each their own, but personally I could find better uses of $2k than to take my car from insanely fast to ludicrously fast.
Yes, You are the only one LOL, Just kidding they are insanely fast, but fast is like eating pringles, you can't eat just one. I was crazy enough to buy a MYP.

When MY was $50k, and MYP was $60k and wait time was 6 weeks. It made perfect sense to get $2k AB.
Now I would just go for MYP, shorter wait time and a decent amount of upgrades for your $$$.

Reactions: iamnid
When MY was $50k, and MYP was $60k and wait time was 6 weeks. It made perfect sense to get $2k AB.
Now I would just go for MYP, shorter wait time and a decent amount of upgrades for your $$$.
Same, I got mine for the brief period in February 2021 when the LR AWD was $48,000 -- didn't want to spend the extra $10k for a performance. Now, I'd just go with the performance.

Reactions: Mattemsmy and zpaul
That is what I paid for mine also and as soon as I took delivery at the service center I dated it before the first drive. I really wanted the myp. Now if only there was a way to control power fror front to back like a drift or trac mode. This big girls starts to rotate in the corners then the fun police cut in. Oh well love the ab.

after upgrading to 2022.8.2 this morning, I have an option to purchase “Acceleration Boost” for my MYLR22 model. Does anyone know what this is?
The description says 4.8 to 4.2 sec. That’s only 0.4 sec improvement for $2k!
You don't know much about modding and tuning cars huh? That could cost you upwards of 10K dollars to do on an ICE car, and then you'd fail smog. In some states, it's banned and when caught you'd have serious fines like in CA.

after upgrading to 2022.8.2 this morning, I have an option to purchase “Acceleration Boost” for my MYLR22 model. Does anyone know what this is?
The description says 4.6 to 4.2 sec. That’s only 0.4 sec improvement for $2k!

View attachment 781773
I know guys who spent $30,000 on an engine to get a half second faster in the quarter mile reliably. This is the cheapest performance upgrade I've ever seen for that much return

I know guys who spent $30,000 on an engine to get a half second faster in the quarter mile reliably. This is the cheapest performance upgrade I've ever seen for that much return
Agreed. I had to spend ~£9k to get .5 faster to 60mph. Cooling, turbo, upgraded radiator, upgraded fuel pump, injectors… This was on an already fast production car <5s to 60mph and a top end of 175mph that would struggle to keep up with an MY.

I think £1.5k is incredible value for something that can be unlocked in seconds and requires no physical upgrades.

Agreed. I had to spend ~£9k to get .5 faster to 60mph. Cooling, turbo, upgraded radiator, upgraded fuel pump, injectors… This was on an already fast production car <5s to 60mph and a top end of 175mph that would struggle to keep up with an MY.

I think £1.5k is incredible value for something that can be unlocked in seconds and requires no physical upgrades.
If you’re someone who obsesses over maximizing performance and getting the absolute fastest car possible, then the acceleration boost is reasonably priced.

If you’re driving anywhere besides a track then it’s rather pointless.