Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ACCIDENT!!! Oh No!!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

K-MTG

Sunshade Captain of TMC
Oct 24, 2015
Irvine, CA
):

I wasn't the one driving but this just happened....

IMG_8957.JPG

IMG_1927.JPG

IMG_5415.JPG

IMG_2033.JPG

IMG_3651.JPG

IMG_1141.JPG

Any body shop recommendations?? The bottom bumper seems to be scratched while the top has a slight dent...mostly just scratched... Any body shop recommendations in O.C?? How much will this cost - replace or repaint?? I have the solid black paint..

): ):

• Funny
Reactions: Eclectic
Ouch! Sorry to see. Can I assume it happened at home too? It doesn't look too bad compared to others I've seen and hopefully won't be too expensive. Let us know how you make out.

Oh I just watched the video and heard the crunch! Was this driver error or was it on summons? If it were me, I would disassemble the planter there though to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Last edited:
It was a drivers error....wheel wasn’t straight. It would have been better if the car hit the house...it hit solid stone

It’s bad but not that bad...should I contact Tesla or go directly to the body ship?

Well, there's City Center Collision in Stanton, which I would give a solid 3-out-of-5 stars. They seem to be capable of good work, but are overwhelmed with Teslas -- they had 70 Teslas in various states of disassembly when mine was there. Their dent removal work was excellent, but I had to return twice to get panels/bumpers aligned properly, and had to take the car to a detailer to remove the swirls they left in the paint from over aggressive polishing.... OK, maybe 2-out-of-5 starts after reading what I just wrote.

The bottom bumper seems to be scratched while the top has a slight dent...mostly just scratched... How much will this cost - replace or repaint??

If there is much of a crease/dent in the sheet metal they will recommend replacement vs. repair and I would guess the cost would be close to $17k. (But I would love to be wrong and find out that costs have come down.)

My MX was damaged while in service in the same spot. This is bad news. It means replacing the quarter panel, full disassembly of the lift gate, internal trim removal. It took months, and this was a case where Tesla was handling the repairs while I had a loaner, so there was no part wait time.

I hope you are more lucky, and it's a quick fix.

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones
5 to $10k?

If there is much of a crease/dent in the sheet metal they will recommend replacement vs. repair and I would guess the cost would be close to $17k. (But I would love to be wrong and find out that costs have come down.)

@SDRick & @MP3Mike - I am hoping it's in the $5k to $7k range...this is the worst damage I had in any of my cars so I don't know what to expect.

My MX was damaged while in service in the same spot. This is bad news. It means replacing the quarter panel, full disassembly of the lift gate, internal trim removal. It took months, and this was a case where Tesla was handling the repairs while I had a loaner, so there was no part wait time.

I hope you are more lucky, and it's a quick fix.

Oh wow! My lift gate is fine but I will see what the shop says tomorrow. The car did hit solid stone so I don't know what to expect. What do you think will happen to my resell value?

Does anyone have experience with
European Motor Car Works - Santa Ana?

It’s across the street from Tesla SC so will take it to Tesla first tomorrow and body shop afterwards.

We took delivery Dec 2016 and there was a paint issue
Tesla first mentioned European Motor Works, but there was a 6 week delay
Instead they used Spectrum in Irvine. I was happy with the result tho no body work was involved