Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ALL CyberTruck discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Teslarati is reporting that there is a pass-through from the cab to the bed.

Top 10 Tesla Cybertruck hidden features you may have missed

This does not seem correct to me. I think it is more likely access to a storage area behind the rear seats or access to the bed cover mechanism (for service).

I can't quite imagine how the mechanical cover for the bed would allow a pass-through. That would require the cover roll to be above the pass-through portal. It does not work out as I see it.

It would be convenient to have access to climate services (heat/AC) if sleeping in the bed and it would be interesting to have crawl-through access as well but I can't quite fathom how that would be possible with the mechanical cover mechanism.

Am I missing something?

seems wrong. it would be cool (climate control camping), but (like @Doggydogworld the bed has no pass through that I see
truck.PNG

The pass-through would also need a locking mechanism, otherwise someone could shimmy into your truck through it if you kept the tonneau cover open.

Cool idea, but not very practical.
A lock is not difficult to integrate. I was hoping for some connection between cab and bed for climate controlled camping in the bed.

pulling to propper thread.

About the cybertruck, did we get a production estimate? Where will it be built? Apparently the angles in the truck design are due to requirements of the material and stamping press, so have they theoretically stamped out a cybertruck or is it a one off. While two years away is far, in terms of capital expense, it is not that far away and discussion of the logistics and volume would be germane to the current market valuation...

No. No. and No. There is no stamping with the Cybertruck. It will be flat sheets of stainless steel that are laser cut, scored, and folded. (And then probably welded together.)

The one they were showing was a one-off built starting a few weeks ago.

Some of this looks stamped, or at least not faceted bends:
frame.jpg

The interior bed shot on Tesla's web page doesn't show any sign of an opening.

That shot also shows that the front end of the bed angles rearward, presumably to accommodate the rear seat tilt. I wonder if that takes a few inches off the 6.5 foot length?

It shows a glass window between the backseat and the bed. Probably doesn’t on the prototype, but I’d imagine the final design will have that able to open(at least, I can see no reason for it not to open.)

(I claimed this was not OffTopic in the main thread, but with enough responses then overall it has so become, meaning it's been ported over to this thread)

Regarding FoMoCo's truly pathetic back-pedaling regarding the pull-challenge -

I happily will lend Tesla my CrewCab LongBed F-350 so they can see how the CT stacks up against it. Mine is a single rear axle, with a 6.4l diesel that has been smartly power-boosted (more or less 50hp over stock). Each vehicle should get the same tires, and for best comparison the same number of tire break-in miles should be put on before any competition (50-100 miles is optimal).

I have no doubts at all that the CT can yank it up hill. What is uncertain for me is how well its monocoque-to-the-bones structure can handle those stresses.

But I'll need the truck back.....

It shows a glass window between the backseat and the bed. Probably doesn’t on the prototype, but I’d imagine the final design will have that able to open(at least, I can see no reason for it not to open.)
If they can't open the cab to the back, the camping setup will need it's own HVAC. I don't see them doing it that way.

This is not Off-Topic -

I happily will lend Tesla my CrewCab LongBed F-350 so they can see how the CT stacks up against it. Mine is a single rear axle, with a 6.4l diesel that has been smartly power-boosted (more or less 50hp over stock). Each vehicle should get the same tires, and for best comparison the same number of tire break-in miles should be put on before any competition (50-100 miles is optimal).

I have no doubts at all that the CT can yank it up hill. What is uncertain for me is how well its monocoque-to-the-bones structure can handle those stresses.

If only Ford would have the courage to do the same as your offer.

By refusing to face the challenge, they have shown they’re not going to be around for very long. The curtain has been pulled, the wizard of oz exposed and dorthy has woken up back in Kansas with a big fat Tesla Cybertruck in the front drive. Hell, might as well add in Marty Mcfly waking up in the next room just to look out the bedroom window at Biff rolling the ATV into the Cybertruck bed.

Maybe in this universe Ford paid off its Government loan 10 years ahead time with interest like Tesla, but not likely.

Disappointed in the shell of an auto company once called Ford.

Last edited:
This is not Off-Topic -

I don't have enough mechanical knowledge to know if its really an issue, but someone on twitter had posited that putting the Ford into four wheel drive would've destroyed its transmission from being locked while dragged backward. Maybe it isn't an issue, but I'd be careful if it was my truck...

• Informative
Reactions: EVCollies
Which States love/hate the CyberTruck:
Cybertruck By State: 100,000 Tweets Show Who Loves And Hates Tesla’s Cybertruck
I can believe Florida is on the Hate List. In my area every kid and his brother has a jacked up pickup that likes to roll coal on me. My neighbors recently complained that they get coal-rolled when jogging or riding bikes too. :rolleyes:
I'm tempted to order a CT just to park it in the driveway as a big FU to the ones who like to roll coal or make their blowoff valve belch when going past my house.

Which States love/hate the CyberTruck:
Cybertruck By State: 100,000 Tweets Show Who Loves And Hates Tesla’s Cybertruck
I can believe Florida is on the Hate List. In my area every kid and his brother has a jacked up pickup that likes to roll coal on me. My neighbors recently complained that they get coal-rolled when jogging or riding bikes too. :rolleyes:
I'm tempted to order a CT just to park it in the driveway as a big FU to the ones who like to roll coal or make their blowoff valve belch when going past my house.

I’d be interested in that same map using more recent data. It’s pretty clear there was a dramatic uptick in sentiment in the days following the reveal.

Reactions: Khamul
Open how? It's a different angle than the body panels below, preventing roll-down.

The side windows have a similar issue, that's why they're so deeply inset.

Changing topics, anyone see this render? It's better than the others I've seen. You could get a lot of this effect by making the upper "sail" out of black plastic, IMHO. It opens to access storage, so there's no reason it has to be steel. I'd also like to see the "roof peak" flattened. A one foot flat area would probably help aerodynamics, too.

Open how? It's a different angle than the body panels below, preventing roll-down.

The side windows have a similar issue, that's why they're so deeply inset.

Changing topics, anyone see this render? It's better than the others I've seen. You could get a lot of this effect by making the upper "sail" out of black plastic, IMHO. It opens to access storage, so there's no reason it has to be steel. I'd also like to see the "roof peak" flattened. A one foot flat area would probably help aerodynamics, too.

I'm pretty sure that the sail is actually structural. They call it a "sail pillar." Some more information here: Here’s why the Tesla Cybertruck has its crazy look – TechCrunch

Reactions: Lasairfion
This is not Off-Topic -

I happily will lend Tesla my CrewCab LongBed F-350 so they can see how the CT stacks up against it. Mine is a single rear axle, with a 6.4l diesel
What is uncertain for me is how well its monocoque-to-the-bones structure can handle those stresses.

Intact? Drawn and quartered?