Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All discussion of Rivian Automotive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have to admit that I’m starting to waiver on my CT purchase. After having my R1T for a few months I really like it’s capabilities but the smaller form factor is something I’ve come to appreciate more and more. It’s easy to maneuver around town and I can park in my garage with room to walk around — something I won’t be able to do with the CT.

It’s towing capabilities are more than enough for my purposes and I’m finding out that I don’t ever haul big things in my truck bed, I just rent a trailer for that kind of stuff. Not to mention the R1T handles my Airstream better than my RAM 1500. I have no doubt the CT’s TACC and AutoPilot will be better but the larger dimensions have me wondering if I really want something that large.

I have to admit that I’m starting to waiver on my CT purchase. After having my R1T for a few months I really like it’s capabilities but the smaller form factor is something I’ve come to appreciate more and more. It’s easy to maneuver around town and I can park in my garage with room to walk around — something I won’t be able to do with the CT.
What is the length difference between the two trucks. Tesla seems to have removed the spec page from the web site. :mad:

I believe Tesla decided to make the Cybertruck smaller than the original revealed design. Not sure if the latest published specs reflected that or not.

No, Tesla did not make CT smaller.

They considered it, particularly for markets outside North America. Elon said the design simply does not work on a smaller scale.

Tesla decided to build the full size CT and then make another truck for Europe and other markets at some point in the future. Probably something Ford Ranger sized.

Reactions: Nathan and JRP3
I have yet to see a Rivian do this.

1667316199806.png

• Love
Reactions: bkp_duke